Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Turkey currently
    Posts
    1,141
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4938
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    @addictionary
    EK should quit dreaming about playing "PF" in NBA.
    He is a C for the Jazz and that is the only position he can play!

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #42
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,057
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    34264
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkanian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @addictionary
    EK should quit dreaming about playing "PF" in NBA.
    He is a C for the Jazz and that is the only position he can play!
    2 replies:
    1) sesli güldüm güzeldi
    2) fine with me as long as he sets his mind to dunk the dang ball under the rim instead of pump faking which in the end he usually gets blocked or doubled or tripled. attempt the dunk at least, u'll have a good chance of getting fouled and u r a good free throw shooter. even tyson chandler told u to go right to the basket, told u u were strong as a bull. use it there too!

  4. #43
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,936
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    18321
    Rep Adjustment Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al's got this slithery and unorthodox way about him
    Best description of Jeffersuck yet.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

  5. #44
    Senior Member TheSilencer1313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tooele, Utah
    Posts
    3,101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1156
    Rep Adjustment Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best description of Jeffersuck yet.
    Now we're just waiting for the organjellodouche description.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

  6. #45
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,936
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    18321
    Rep Adjustment Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilencer1313 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now we're just waiting for the organjellodouche description.
    I'll leave that to ya'll to come up with.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

  7. #46
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    7,278
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16522
    Rep Adjustment Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Al has much better hands, reach, and probably touch. Kanter has him hands down with the bully attitude and that warrior demeanor more than anything buys him more time as far as I'm concerned. But the guy is not an elite talent and will get everything he gets the hard way.

    I quoted Cy because it's clear that the dude was drafted to run that low post play. He better be elite at that play cuz if he isn't better than Al (he's not) this is a huge mistake not drafting the true prototype center in JV. All you guys hating on Al and Corbs better pay attention to how this player is used. In exactly the same manner as Al. If you like that play, the iso center off deep post, this is your future. If you wanted a center that does all the little things and is not worried about being the hub of the offense you probably wanted JV.

    You guys are all over Kanter's effort now, but this cannot be sustained over 35 minutes. It can't. He will have to slow down somewhere, and when he does this forum will ride his ass all the way to hell for it.
    Defense doesn't count?
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  8. #47
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    You would hate Kanter big time if he was starting. He gets blown by just like Al (or almost any big man) out in space, and Corbs runs that exact same low post play for him, a lot.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

  9. #48
    Premium Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    42,983
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    94729
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You would hate Kanter big time if he was starting. He gets blown by just like Al (or almost any big man) out in space, and Corbs runs that exact same low post play for him, a lot.
    Nice job telling me that I would hate kanter starting, but i disagree..... i cant wait till kanter and favors are starting.

    You might be correct on your assesment that he would get blown by like al and the same offense would be ran through kanter.... however since that is what is already happening anyway then its a wash.
    Now you add in the fact the our young bigs get the chance to improve through gametime playing time and i think i like the sound of kanter starting.

  10. #49
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice job telling me that I would hate kanter starting, but i disagree..... i cant wait till kanter and favors are starting.

    You might be correct on your assesment that he would get blown by like al and the same offense would be ran through kanter.... however since that is what is already happening anyway then its a wash.
    Now you add in the fact the our young bigs get the chance to improve through gametime playing time and i think i like the sound of kanter starting.
    My point is that if you think that low post play is boring with Al, it's much worse with a guy who never passes out of it and isn't as good.

    If Enes is running that play a lot he's expending a tremendous amount of energy getting position and wrestling to the paint with the ball. He'll be getting gassed, probably not as susceptible as Al but you'll see the same symptoms i.e. looking 'lazy' at times. This is what I was getting at with GVC above. His game was really impressive when you think about how exhausted he must have been. It's not sustainable over a season. Look at what is happening to Sap now that he sees himself as a full time starter. The energy just isn't at the level it was before.

    Now, Kanter is winning me over from where I was during that draft. I really like his competitive spirit. And knowing Corbin really wants to run that low post play I can see why he took Enes over JV. No way Jonas will have that footwork by next year even. I do like him, but don't kid yourself that players are cutting/moving during that play more than they do with Al.

    In this game Corbin ran that play less because Kanter isn't as good at it. Now I totally agree that especially early in the game this is a good thing but that approach will work better with AJ since he puts more pressure on an opposing D (and is a vastly superior passer). Kanter is several years away from getting to Al's level, if he ever does.

    And yea, he's a better defender for sure. But again that energy won't be there to the same degree when you are also asking him to carry the opposing center up and down the court 35 minutes. And fans won't ignore his mistakes when he's a star. They will grill him for them same as they do for Al now. Al provides a certain level of protection to the young bigs in this regard and allows them to develop without the pressure of being the guy every night. Not saying these dudes can't cut it but I think there is some value in that, and Kanter needs another year or so of seasoning before it's really fair to judge who he is/can be.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us