Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you think koc only cares about winning now? or do you think he tries to anticipate what might make the team better in the future too?
    A combination of both I'm sure, but I don't think he feels that having young players play right away is super important. He has said numerous times in interviews that having minutes that count is more valuable (in his eyes) than a bunch of young players playing for a losing team.
    Shovel your way out of the s***

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Mission Accomplished's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    I make trades all the damn time on Madden '93. I wonder why KOC doesn't do just like me. He should have an awesome defensive line by now what a failolololol
    I can sit in a big chair and say "no" to everything guess that would make me a good GM or maybe a Republican ;P
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    A combination of both I'm sure, but I don't think he feels that having young players play right away is super important. He has said numerous times in interviews that having minutes that count is more valuable (in his eyes) than a bunch of young players playing for a losing team.

Thanks for a good answer to my dumb question.... I was mostly just trolling when i asked if you think Koc cares about making the team better for the future. (obviously he does). Sorry for the trolling.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Mission Accomplished View Post
    A GM needs to make personal moves that fit what the coach is trying to do and that fit with the other players on the team. That is why the Dwight Howard in a Lakers uni isn't working out. He is a poor fit for that style of players.
    no he's not. The coach they hired, and his system don't fit the players, namely Kobe and Gasol. Also consider that Steve Nash has been out all year who would help Howard thrive.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Well, what about a mix of the both. At the same time he could make moves like moving Big Al to let the rest of the players touch the ball more. Or have a better mentor on the defensive side for our young bigs. Great we some game make the playoffs barely then get swept. Just like teams that never change mainly the Bucks, 76ers, Hawks, old Sonics, and Houston. Until these team some of these teams woke up and made the hard moves to get rid of those players that keep them stuck in mediocrity. Heck you could say the Dwill move was one that got us off of that pattern. Then KOC fills back up the cupboards with players that are out to get their like Big Al and Raja.
    To quote George "W" "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it." --Philadelphia, Penn., May 14, 2001

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    no he's not. The coach they hired, and his system don't fit the players, namely Kobe and Gasol. Also consider that Steve Nash has been out all year who would help Howard thrive.
    The GM hires the coach. If Nash comes back an they still suck are you going to eat crow??

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    a move like this could help both teams https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abmh75l we get a defensive roll player for a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    a move like this could help both teams https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=abmh75l we get a defensive roll player for a year.
    Talk about a significant downgrade for the Jazz with that trade. Not to mention Beno isn't even close to the player Tinsley is, and Tinsley plays for about 5 million a year less.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We just played without Big Al and our team looked great it is called addition by subtraction. Dalebert would just be a defensive loaner for a year. His minutes aren't what is important getting the young guys on the court is. Next who care about Tinsley he is the third pg. Again Udrih is a loaner. We could even press to get Edoh. Just saying if you want the young kids to grow they need to touch the ball. If Big Al is on the court we turn to him to do everything the offense gets stagnant the defense nonexistent. I don't see how this that bad of a trade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    We just played without Big Al and our team looked great it is called addition by subtraction. Dalebert would just be a defensive loaner for a year. His minutes aren't what is important getting the young guys on the court is. Next who care about Tinsley he is the third pg. Again Udrih is a loaner. We could even press to get Edoh. Just saying if you want the young kids to grow they need to touch the ball. If Big Al is on the court we turn to him to do everything the offense gets stagnant the defense nonexistent. I don't see how this that bad of a trade.
    I think the rest of us would be with you on this if the Jazz didn't just blow out a team that has 4 wins all season. Not to mention we went absolutely nutso from the arc, and Toronto's defense was absolutely horrible.
    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered." - Thomas Jefferson