Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 45

Thread: family friendly things to do in Vegas

  1. #16
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13702
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Bull crap.

    Coke World
    M&M World
    Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
    Ney York New York Roller coaster
    Dolphins at Bellagio
    Buffet at the Rio
    KGB (burger joint) at Harrahs
    Circus Circus (for younger kids, keep them CLOSE as in holding your hands close)
    Freemont Street Show (ceiling is a giant TV screen basically)
    Madam Toussads Wax Museum
    Plus there are some shows that older kids might like such as Lion King or Blue Man Group
    Fashion Place Mall
    Treasure Island Pirate ship show

    Most of those are right on the strip.
    Most of those would kill Colton and scar his kids for life.

  2. #17
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    29,860
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48478
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    Most of those would kill Colton and scar his kids for life.
    I disagree. In Vegas there is no real way to avoid random crazies. I however have never had a problem. I have had my daugthers on the strip. IF you see a crazy you just keep walking and you are lost in the crowd. Easy

    However if someone wants to avoid people that do not share his morals then they should stay home.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  3. #18
    The One True Youngblood YB85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,096
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13702
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    However if someone wants to avoid people that do not share his morals then they should stay home.
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    Never been to Vegas before
    He has tried. My suggestion for him would be to avoid the strip during the day. All of the crazies are in bed at night. It's much quieter then.

  4. #19
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    6,433
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    8624
    Rep Adjustment Power
    53
    Franklin's Circus Circus idea is a good suggestion. They have some of those Circus sets surrounded by a carnival gaming area too, which was always fun to go to when I was little. Then they have The Adventuredome Theme park thing that would be pretty interesting to your kids if they have never been to an indoor theme park(which actually kind of sucks beyond the fact that it is indoors).

    That brings up something though, how in the world does Vegas not have a Six Flags or something on the outskirts somewhere? Just L.A. and all its theme parks being too close?

  5. #20
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    29,860
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48478
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    He has tried. My suggestion for him would be to avoid the strip during the day. All of the crazies are in bed at night. It's much quieter then.
    Lol.

    I agree on the strip during the day part. Absolutely.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  6. #21
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    59,557
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    93676
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Franklin's Circus Circus idea is a good suggestion. They have some of those Circus sets surrounded by a carnival gaming area too, which was always fun to go to when I was little. Then they have The Adventuredome Theme park thing that would be pretty interesting to your kids if they have never been to an indoor theme park(which actually kind of sucks beyond the fact that it is indoors).

    That brings up something though, how in the world does Vegas not have a Six Flags or something on the outskirts somewhere? Just L.A. and all its theme parks being too close?
    I've wondered the same and have always been told that anything 'family' eventually fails in LV.

    I, for one, think an NBA franchise would prosper. It's a big enough city, but with 50MM people visiting each year from all over the country/world, it seems it would be merchandising hit and would be a cool diversion from the casinos during a 4day'r.
    http://shop.donaldjtrump.com/v/vspfi...ODTRH-RD-2.jpg



    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  7. #22
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    29,860
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48478
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    Have you seen the "pirates" recently? It's mammorific!
    Oh, no I havent. I did not know that.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  8. #23
    All Around Nice Guy colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    8,637
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    18636
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Franklin's Circus Circus idea is a good suggestion. They have some of those Circus sets surrounded by a carnival gaming area too, which was always fun to go to when I was little. Then they have The Adventuredome Theme park thing that would be pretty interesting to your kids if they have never been to an indoor theme park(which actually kind of sucks beyond the fact that it is indoors).
    We went to one once--the Mall of America. It was superloud because all of the screaming bounces off the walls right back at you. How loud is Adventuredome?
    "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?" --Micah 6:8
    :-)

  9. #24
    Senior Member CONAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Draper
    Posts
    2,175
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    988
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Walking up and down the strip is ok. The artists along there are cool. But yeah, you gotta shield them from the porn guys on every corner. The Excaliber/NY has good kid stuff. Serendipity down as Caesars I think is good ice cream but maybe not worth the walk. The shops underneath Caesars aren't bad.

    Whatever happened to the White Tigers?

    Once you get past Caesars it gets dicey if I remember right. If you want to go to the needle thing or Freemont street then take a cab there and back.
    BYU 1984 National Champs.

  10. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13965
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    Franklin's Circus Circus idea is a good suggestion. They have some of those Circus sets surrounded by a carnival gaming area too, which was always fun to go to when I was little. Then they have The Adventuredome Theme park thing that would be pretty interesting to your kids if they have never been to an indoor theme park(which actually kind of sucks beyond the fact that it is indoors).

    That brings up something though, how in the world does Vegas not have a Six Flags or something on the outskirts somewhere? Just L.A. and all its theme parks being too close?
    This summer we are getting a new wet and wild and some other waterpark.


  11. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13965
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    My wife is always on some vegas family site. Ill pass along when I speak to her later on.

  12. #27
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    32,884
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    51848
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    We went to one once--the Mall of America. It was superloud because all of the screaming bounces off the walls right back at you. How loud is Adventuredome?
    If you hate noise, you'll love Vegas!
    #BringBackUGLI

  13. #28
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    32,884
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    51848
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I've wondered the same and have always been told that anything 'family' eventually fails in LV.

    I, for one, think an NBA franchise would prosper. It's a big enough city, but with 50MM people visiting each year from all over the country/world, it seems it would be merchandising hit and would be a cool diversion from the casinos during a 4day'r.
    4 days in Vegas???

    You sick *******.

    UGLI wouldn't live to tell the tale.

    OKok. If you count Getting there Friday night and leaving Monday morning as a 4 day'r then Ive done it. On that trip I never changed clothes.
    #BringBackUGLI

  14. #29
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    29,860
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48478
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    4 days in Vegas???

    You sick *******.

    UGLI wouldn't live to tell the tale.

    OKok. If you count Getting there Friday night and leaving Monday morning as a 4 day'r then Ive done it. On that trip I never changed clothes.
    I agree. After 36 hours I have to get out while I am still breathing.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  15. #30
    Senior Member Duck Rodgers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Provo
    Posts
    6,433
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    8624
    Rep Adjustment Power
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by colton View Post
    We went to one once--the Mall of America. It was superloud because all of the screaming bounces off the walls right back at you. How loud is Adventuredome?
    Same deal basically. I've never been to Mall of America's, but it looks better than the Adventure Dome via a quick google image search look. Probably should cross the dome off the list of potentials.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us