Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say ignore it. I said acknowledge it, evaluate if there is anything you can contribute to helping the situation, and then move on.

So what did you gain by reading hours upon hours about the destruction of Hurricane Sandy? Don't get me wrong, I was on Jazzfanz posting about the night it hit New York City with my TV blaring in the background out of curiosity. Guilty as charged. But there's no ultimate benefit from it, and It certainly dragged on me a bit as I thought of a few heads I know back there, wondering what they were doing. I did what I could, I gave a little money, but let's say I spent 6 hours total immersed in that negative news event? What did I get? A few factoids to ramble off in a few years while looking back at it? Humans can only take so much before it starts seeping into their lives.
    I never read hours and hours about the disasters or horrendous crimes like this new school shooting. My main point was that to me it seems that your stance places us on a slippery slope and I am not sure I want to be on that slope or not.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wasn't saying you specifically, but obviously based on what you post you do know a fair bit about wars and things like that so you've dipped your head into some things in the realm what I was speaking off. I get what what you are saying, I just don't agree that even at the extreme end of the slope you are taking about that it creates an uncaring person. Everyone needs to look outside of themselves, yes, the question is....how far? And where is the focus point?

I've just read way too much about brainwashing and the like to know that takes very little psychological manipulation to change moods and thoughts and ultimately shape your reality. I used to think Facebook/Myspace lisiting peoples' favorite movies, books, music etc. basically told you nothing about them 6 or 7 years ago. The reality is though, it almost tells you everything about them if they fill it out truthfully and give you enough. We've all seen/mocked the suburban white kid that is in his head phones all day with his rap music and then thinks he is a gangster after a few months/years/whatever. A lot of us are probably like that but maybe just with a broader material base contributing to who we are at any given moment. We're all probably a lot stupider than we think we are.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    information is a good thing bros. good or bad. its better to be educated and know the truth the whole truth and nothin but the truth than be blissfully ignorant.
    unless ur just heartbroken and depressed and at the end of the day all you just want is ur beej and thats what makes you happy even if another bro is gettin the same beej on the side.
    but thats no way to live bros. thats no way to live.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    I wasn't saying you specifically, but obviously based on what you post you do know a fair bit about wars and things like that so you've dipped your head into some things in the realm what I was speaking off. I get what what you are saying, I just don't agree that even at the extreme end of the slope you are taking about that it creates an uncaring person. Everyone needs to look outside of themselves, yes, the question is....how far? And where is the focus point?

I've just read way too much about brainwashing and the like to know that takes very little psychological manipulation to change moods and thoughts and ultimately shape your reality. I used to think Facebook/Myspace lisiting peoples' favorite movies, books, music etc. basically told you nothing about them 6 or 7 years ago. The reality is though, it almost tells you everything about them if they fill it out truthfully and give you enough. We've all seen/mocked the suburban white kid that is in his head phones all day with his rap music and then thinks he is a gangster after a few months/years/whatever. A lot of us are probably like that but maybe just with a broader material base contributing to who we are at any given moment. We're all probably a lot stupider than we think we are.
    That is something that I think will vary from person to person.

For myself I do try to stay informed on what is going on in the world because I think we need to be. I don't dweel on all the bad in the world but i try to be aware of it and what is happening.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    For myself I do try to stay informed on what is going on in the world because I think we need to be. I don't dweel on all the bad in the world but i try to be aware of it and what is happening.
    respect. me too bro. i love this post.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    information is a good thing bros. good or bad. its better to be educated and know the truth the whole truth and nothin but the truth than be blissfully ignorant.
    How do you know what truth is?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    When you actually talk to real people via internet chat like JazzFanz, it's as good as having the neighbors over for supper.

I have to admit I use this site as vent of sorts, maybe as a "foil" to test ideas as they are forming within my mind. . . . The value of having a site like this where there are some other people who have information and views that can challenge my own is just that. It is a good exercise. It beats trying to discuss things with the cows.

I sometimes try to be deliberately provocative, but when I get schooled a bit by someone who can handle it, I call it good.

I'm not entirely sure what "truth" is. I consider all of our knowledge and information subject to improvement with some effort.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    not truth as in lie vs fact bro.
    truth as in information vs ignorance.