Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has a motive been discovered yet?
    I heard it was because he was mad at his mom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Long live NRA and the right to have easy access to guns

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    https://now.msn.com/i-am-adam-lanzas...tally-ill-son?

Really good article about raising a kid with mental illness. My wifes little brother has sever ASHD, Aspergers, etc .... Sounds like he has a lot of the stuff Lanza had and I could absolutely see him getting mad or sad about something and doing something stupid in the "heat of the moment", his heat of the moment might not be 10 minutes but might be two weeks. Its a tough situation.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by kennykyle View Post
    https://now.msn.com/i-am-adam-lanzas...tally-ill-son?

Really good article about raising a kid with mental illness. My wifes little brother has sever ASHD, Aspergers, etc .... Sounds like he has a lot of the stuff Lanza had and I could absolutely see him getting mad or sad about something and doing something stupid in the "heat of the moment", his heat of the moment might not be 10 minutes but might be two weeks. Its a tough situation.
    At some point the mom really screwed up.

What the hell was she doing training that kid on guns?

I can understand a kid with Aspergers or ASHD needing an outlet and hobbies. I mean, heck, one of my good friends has Aspergers but is pretty normal. He's a lil socially awkward at times but isn't a social outcast (he's actually married to a BEAAUUUTTTIFFFULL latina) or has cases of rage.

But this kid had soooooooooooooo many issues. Had cases of rage and hate. Was a complete social outcast.

Giving the kid a gun was probably thee last thing a parent should have done.

When you see a fire you don't rush to throw gasoline onto it.

Why didn't she give him a Football instead? Or help him find joy in nature (she enjoyed gardening, right???)? Or hell, get him the professional help that he needed. It's not like she was hurting for cash!

Theeeeee last thing that boy needed was to be trained in shooting guns.

Stupid.

Soooooo many problems with our society are the direct result of parents refusing to use common sense. You see it everyday in the classroom. Parently, oftentimes willingly, asleep at the wheel. Letting TV, the Internet, video games, etc raise their children while the parents refuse to accept any responsibility (usually just blame religions or teachers for problems). And sadly, we see it today with a completely senseless tragedy.
    Get Educated

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    whoa, whoa, whoa - - Thriller, either I'm misunderstanding your post, or you're misunderstanding the article that kennykyle posted - - or you have information I haven't heard yet...

not saying by any means that the mom of the Newtown shooter should or should not have introduced her sons to guns, but everything I've read about this kid is that he was shy and withdrawn but nothing about any sort of violent tendencies or outbursts of rage from him - - the story kk posted is about someone else entirely...

also, I know there's been a lot of talk about mental illness in connection with this - - I'm not really sure that autism or Asberger's falls into the category of mental illness - - not sure about ADHD either. Are those with ADHD considered mentally ill? What about dyslexia? Some things are just learning disabilities, but I'm not sure they would fall into the category of mental illness.
    a blast from the past ... - - - - and a glimpse into the future...
    for dutch...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Soooooo many problems with our society are the direct result of parents refusing to use common sense. You see it everyday in the classroom. Parently, oftentimes willingly, asleep at the wheel. Letting TV, the Internet, video games, etc raise their children while the parents refuse to accept any responsibility (usually just blame religions or teachers for problems). And sadly, we see it today with a completely senseless tragedy.
    I hate being right...

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=23430406&ni...cid=featured-1

KEARNS — An 11-year-old boy who brought a gun to a West Kearns Elementary School Monday is facing criminal charges after allegedly threatening a classmate.

Granite School District administrators said the sixth-grader packed the .22 caliber handgun, along with ammunition, in his backpack and brought it to class.

The boy told administrators he did it to protect himself in case a school shooting similar to the massacre in Newtown, Conn., happened here. But classmate Isabelle Rios said that's not how he used the weapon.

"He pulled out a gun and he put it to my head — me and my friend — (and) said he was going to kills us," Isabelle said. "I told him I was going to tell, but he said, ‘If you tell, I'm going to kill you.'"

Isabelle said it happened during morning recess, but she didn't alert her teacher until around 3:00 in the afternoon.

Upon learning the information the teacher acted quickly, disarming the student in a matter of seconds, and took him to the school's office. Police officers were called and arrived within minutes.

"This teacher in particular put herself with this student and took him into physical custody to ensure that he was not able to use that weapon to harm anybody," said Ben Horsley, spokesman for the Granite School District.

The gun was found in the boy's backpack, Horsley said. There was ammunition there too, but the gun was not loaded when the teacher found it.

Family members of students remained at West Kearns Elementary throughout the evening as they were briefed about the situation.

"I'm taking my kids out of school. They ain't coming back here," said Mandee Doyle, whose children attend the school.
    Where the hell are the parents? Why the hell don't they lock their weapons up?

Gun Control can start with making it a felony for not having their guns locked up. I believe these parents have lost their 2nd amendment rights. We could have easily had another tragedy.
    Get Educated

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This.

I'm not sure when parents decided to be their kid's friends and lose their balls but we live in an ever-growing pathetic society.

That said, she gave her kid's guns? I thought she herself simply had a collection?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    "I'm taking my kids out of school. They ain't coming back here," said Mandee Doyle, whose children attend the school.
    Haha. Trust me Mandee, if anybody's kids need to be in school it sounds like yours do.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    whoa, whoa, whoa - - Thriller, either I'm misunderstanding your post, or you're misunderstanding the article that kennykyle posted - - or you have information I haven't heard yet...

not saying by any means that the mom of the Newtown shooter should or should not have introduced her sons to guns, but everything I've read about this kid is that he was shy and withdrawn but nothing about any sort of violent tendencies or outbursts of rage from him - - the story kk posted is about someone else entirely...

also, I know there's been a lot of talk about mental illness in connection with this - - I'm not really sure that autism or Asberger's falls into the category of mental illness - - not sure about ADHD either. Are those with ADHD considered mentally ill? What about dyslexia? Some things are just learning disabilities, but I'm not sure they would fall into the category of mental illness.
    I read an article that asked what if there is nothing to blame.

What if the mom was responsible with her guns?
    What if the school had adequate security measures?
    What if the shooter's mental illness had little to no connections to violent behaviour?

What if this was simply evil and there is nothing to blame?
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder