Page 10 of 157 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 1566

Thread: Gun Control

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    giving teachers guns is not the answer, unless you got the time to teach these teacher hwo to use them properly

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    why are we evenhaving this discusion.

    GUNS ARE GOOD.

    PSYCHOS BAD.


    BAN PSYCHOS


    /TRHEAD

  4. #93
    Senior Member leftyjace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2377
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Look, we can debate gun control and all that, but suggesting we'd be better off if absolutely everyone was armed seems like trolling.
    I'm confused. Not taking a stance here, but where did he say we'd be better off if absolutely everyone was armed?

    I think he just said to make it so there weren't gun-free zones and to legalize weapons. That's completely different. He's not advocating being armed if you don't want to be armed. He's just saying you should have that option if you desire. For you, it's obvious you don't want that option, and that's fine. He's not disagreeing with you.

    Look, I know Silencer can be abrasive at times, but I don't understand your vitrol.

  5. #94
    Senior Member leftyjace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2377
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anybody else actually read this?

    Nice find, Duck. A very interesting read.

  6. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    also GUN FREE ZONES should be BANNED

  7. #96
    Senior Member JimLes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    2,024
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyjace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think he just said to make it so there weren't gun-free zones and to legalize weapons. That's completely different. He's not advocating being armed if you don't want to be armed. He's just saying you should have that option if you desire. For you, it's obvious you don't want that option, and that's fine. He's not disagreeing with you.
    He's suggesting that schools be a free-for-all as far as guns go. A school! Again, I'm not talking here as pro-gun or anti-gun, I'm talking as a teacher. I can't buy enough pens because they constantly go missing and he expects a gun not to fall into kids' hands.

  8. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's suggesting that schools be a free-for-all as far as guns go. A school! Again, I'm not talking here as pro-gun or anti-gun, I'm talking as a teacher. I can't buy enough pens because they constantly go missing and he expects a gun not to fall into kids' hands.
    look depending on how you carry your gun.
    responsible gun carrying it would never ever ever go missing.
    it will always be at once side from the moment you get out of bed till the moment you go to sleep. your gun has to be always be by your side.
    it needs to be an extension of yourself.

    that imho is how you "carry" a gun.
    it being an extension of yourself, withouth it you feel naked.

    with that said 98% of the population does not have that dedication.

    with that being said such a person is a law abiding citizen. i know a couple of guys like that.
    they are law abiding citizen. they wont go in gun free zones or go but feel uncomfortable/naked.

    if you got 1 of 2 school officials who are like that i dont see why they are not allowed to carry.
    or at university some of those students.

    making it a free for all every teachers gets a gun. does not solve the problem

  9. #98
    world's worst Bronco70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the backseat
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12416
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have already tried the "figure out and help mental health issues" approach. (There are more people on paxil, prozac, zanex, etc etc, and also more people seeing psychiatrists/counselors than ever before).
    I disagree that loading people with issues up on antidepressants is "figuring out and helping mental health issues". That's just the modern day version of institutionalizing them. Besides, the issue (in cases like we're discussing) do not start with a disgruntled person. They start with the circumstances that lead to alienation, disenfranchisement, resentment, and ultimately rage. Throw in a media culture that glorifies violence, and it's only a matter of time.

    IMO, if we simply started treating each other better incidents like this would nearly cease.

  10. #99
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Outside Gobert's bedroom window...
    Posts
    8,208
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16455
    Rep Adjustment Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pearl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps we should pass a law that all kids should be home schooled which would eliminate school shootings with a 100% success rate.
    Come on bro, think about that for a second. If every kid is home schooled, that means every home with a kid is a school. Whenever somebody is killed with a gun in a home that a child lives in, it would be a school shooting. Nice try, though.
    ​Gobert or go home


  11. #100
    Premium Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    43,078
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    94898
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No
    .
    I
    .
    .
    Do
    .
    .
    .
    Not

    Damn frank, how did you do that? are you magic?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us