Page 14 of 157 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Rodgers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not worried about quality of life as much as life on its own to be honest with you. Quality of life is relative, life and death are pretty straight forward. Many of the greatest people that have ever lived came from tough situations. Just because we get some bad apples in the group, doesn't mean anything to me, or that we should toss them all away. I'm not perfect and don't have that expectation on any other human being running around on this crazy planet. Not everybody gets to develop on the easy path in life, that's just the way it is. We're not robots and I love that.

Humans can survive on very little, so I'm not quite sure where that argument comes from. There are billions out that probably are convinced they have pretty great lives, despite the fact that we think their lives must suck. I've seen it in India with my own eyes. Or even in South Provo where the average household takes home ~ minimum wage, yet somehow is teeming with life.
    Fair enough.

Also im sorry about my post, it was somewhat insensitave and seemed to attack your beliefs and that is uncalled for.
    I rep you.... for me being a dick.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    https://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-m...183593571.html

The break in gunfire allowed Meli to pull out his own gun, but he never took his eyes off the shooter.
    "As I was going down to pull, I saw someone in the back of the Charlotte move, and I knew if I fired and missed, I could hit them," he said.
    Meli took cover inside a nearby store. He never pulled the trigger. He stands by that decision.
    "I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I need to go get my CC. I'll carry my 9mm around with me. I'd like a few more guns but won't get any more with out a gun safe first.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Fair enough.

Also im sorry about my post, it was somewhat insensitave and seemed to attack your beliefs and that is uncalled for.
    I rep you.... for me being a dick.
    You repped me because you love me, don't lie. No worries, man. I didn't take it that way at all. And I'll rep you back because I probably haven't repped you enough and you've had some good offerings lately. I'm a bit of a dick myself, so I'm perfectly okay when others point out me being one or just dislike my viewpoints. I'm also just very comfortable with the unknown in life so my viewpoints on everything kind of sprout out from that and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way sometimes. If somebody tried to kill me tomorrow, I'd probably fight back out of sport more so than the fear of dying. I don't actually own any guns or anything.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Having guns and especially assault rifles is really important. I'm not going to pay attention to facts that say that countries that have gun bans haven't become totalitarian dictatorships or that gun-related mortality rates plummet because facts aren't important. Having a gun is really important, though. Probably the most important thing there is or could ever be.
    "Adversity is opportunity in disguise."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    There is no conceivable downside to arming idiots to the teeth. Listen, guys. Arm all the idiots, and there will be LESS problems. Don't pay attention to that there is no evidence to suggest that anything I'm saying is anything but psycho-babble.
    "Adversity is opportunity in disguise."

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I dont care for guns at all. I have no desire to own one. I think a lot of people have some sort of John Wayne wanna be complex. You can get through life just fine without them.

I know a lot of people who own a bunch of guns but are broke and can barely afford to pay their bills. And you cant even suggest they sell a couple to pay the bills or clothe the kids. Its out of the question to them. And I bet they will never really need them. They are just an accident or tragedy waiting to happen.

Its sad that people love their guns so much. They are nothing but life destroying devices. I dont understand why people like them so much.

People claim that they need them just in case the government goes rogue. Well the government has and they just robbed the public. Still no one did anything. Americans are soft now. They will never use their guns against the government.
    OS - Post and Roast 2.0

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    For those that don't like that we can get guns all I can really safe is tough ****.

We have that right regardless of your personal opinion on it. Just like people can get an abortion regardless of my personal feelings on it.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    People claim that they need them just in case the government goes rogue. Well the government has and they just robbed the public. Still no one did anything. Americans are soft now. They will never use their guns against the government.
    I can tell you that the survivalist/constitutionalist groups are all about getting cops and military to stand by their oaths and to either stand down or fight for the people under that scenario. And that they already have a lot of them on their side. So the line of who exactly is the government would be under that scenario would be blurred, depending on how many cops and military would fight. It might be government v. "government".

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    For those that don't like that we can get guns all I can really safe is tough ****.

We have that right regardless of your personal opinion on it. Just like people can get an abortion regardless of my personal feelings on it.

It is your right. I like rights better than anything, so I agree. But I still say its pathetic to be worshiping guns the way people do. I wish people would lock them up better or something. The nonchalant attitude people have towards the danger they posses is freaking stupid. The mother of Adam Lanza represents the attitude and stupidity people have towards them. She didnt do enough and neither do a lot of people.

Like I said. Im all for rights Knock yourself out I guess. Just keep them away from me. Its kind of like gays. Im all for their rights. Just stay away from me freaks.