Page 29 of 157 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unbelievable that we're allowing this gun control nonsense to happen. Maybe someone should steal a tanker truck and crash it into a school bus so we can outlaw gas and big or fast cars.
    do it Salty, be a martyr for the cause!

But which is it, big or fast?

<3
    a blast from the past ... - - - - and a glimpse into the future...
    for dutch...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by moevillini View Post
    do it Salty, be a martyr for the cause!

But which is it, big or fast?

<3
    Don't need me to do it. The next jackass who would normally do a mass shooting will just go that route instead.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Wait... so you're telling me that it was possible to sell guns on ksl before? So someone could put an add up to sell thier 9 millimeter for 50$ and a 14 year old kid (or violent criminal, or insane person) could call up that person and go pick it up from them?
    No background checks or anything?
    Was selling guns on ksl just like selling anything else in the classifieds (coffee tables, cars, etc etc)? Were there any additional restrictions/requirements for selling guns on there?
    Ya weird huh?

My friend bought a gun of KSL from one our own congressman here in Utah. That really threw me for one. He said it was just like any other transaction. I had to ask over over in different ways to see what I was missing, but sure enough, its that easy.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    My solution to all this is, have all the guns you want, but if your gun is used in a murder, you spend one year in jail minimum. Nobody can sell or trade guns to one another. Only gun dealers can sell. Once you own a gun, its yours, its tied to you forever. We'll see then just how careless everyone is with there guns. And lets throw a 50,000 dollar fine on there too, just for ****s and giggles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    My solution to all this is, have all the guns you want, but if your gun is used in a murder, you spend one year in jail minimum. Nobody can sell or trade guns to one another. Only gun dealers can sell. Once you own a gun, its yours, its tied to you forever. We'll see then just how careless everyone is with there guns. And lets throw a 50,000 dollar fine on there too, just for ****s and giggles.
    And then when criminals just start making their own guns?

I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can use a 3d printer to make a fully automatic ak 47 clone right now. The file you need to do it is all over the net right now.

3d printers are fairly new. If people are already making fully automatic ak47 clones with them, what will people be making in 5 years when you can get one for a couple hundred dollars?

We start censoring the net? Is that what's next?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Is the $200 3d printer that makes fully automatic ak47's compatible with my soon to be obsolete laptop or will I need to buy a smart phone?
    Make jazzfanz UGLI Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think there is more to this gun control nonsense.

Food for thought...

As the "Arab Spring" was happening, fueled by social networks, our own government started pushing for ways to censor the internet. This included an internet "kill switch" to shut it down nationwide, social network filters, access to peoples' private social network accounts, access to archives and records from peoples' private social network accounts, and all the same for individual email, cell phone, and isp accounts.

Then, while we're sending all kinds of arms to these rebels to fight their revolutions, we're simultaneously trying to restrict the guns Americans are allowed to have.

Pretty scary stuff.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    And then when criminals just start making their own guns?

I don't know if you're aware of this, but you can use a 3d printer to make a fully automatic ak 47 clone right now. The file you need to do it is all over the net right now.

3d printers are fairly new. If people are already making fully automatic ak47 clones with them, what will people be making in 5 years when you can get one for a couple hundred dollars?

We start censoring the net? Is that what's next?
    Well I dont think that addresses anything I said and really is just a separate issue.

I am aware of the 3D printers. I met a traveling sales guy years ago when the first came out. So I know what they are capable of.

This is just another problem we will have to tackle. No guns should be legally made from these printers. If you are caught with one then you will be punished.

I just dont understand this attitude that, oh man, the criminals just keep coming up with new tricks. Therefore we might as well just give up. Ya, good idea. Lets just give up on goverment and lets let everyone just do what they want. That has to be the solution right? **** no! Thats madness. The world would really end in about a week. Governments are a need, like it or not. At least 60% of people are incapable of acting like good human beings to one another. Someone has to babysit or things will go straight to ****. All these laws we have places are there for a reason. Those reasons are because these complications already surfaced and had to be remedied. And in the future, more laws will be made to correct the stupid **** people do.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    Wait... so you're telling me that it was possible to sell guns on ksl before? So someone could put an add up to sell thier 9 millimeter for 50$ and a 14 year old kid (or violent criminal, or insane person) could call up that person and go pick it up from them?
    No background checks or anything?
    Was selling guns on ksl just like selling anything else in the classifieds (coffee tables, cars, etc etc)? Were there any additional restrictions/requirements for selling guns on there?
    Fish, I mean no disrespect, but your perspective seems to have very little base in reality. I am going to assume that you haven't ever perused the firearms classifieds.

Well, I have extensively. It's far from a free-for-all of guns and money. Sellers almost always state, up front, that they require ID and a signed bill of sale. Many will only sell to someone with a concealed carry permit (this is, effectively, a background check.)

I sincerely doubt a 14 year old could successfully procure a firearm through KSL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Is the $200 3d printer that makes fully automatic ak47's compatible with my soon to be obsolete laptop or will I need to buy a smart phone?
    The ones now are compatible with both. The ones in 5 years? Who knows?