Page 35 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Control

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    it's a who do you trust question. the general public or government. I think there are good people both places. I also know that through history when a government gains enough power it is only a matter of time before absolute power corrupts absolutely. again this is a right that our founders saw imperative after spilling their blood for our freedom. gun crimes happened back then too. I'm old fashioned and I don't think the time for this right has passed. I haven't even fired my gun for years, but its a scary thought that someone would regulate it or heaven forbid take it or quit selling cartridges. that sounds like another country.
    Chop it!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Because once the government gets acceptance on gun control, there is no limit to where it will lead. When this "sensible gun control" doesn't stop the mass shootings (which it won't, for the reasons I've been saying) then we'll only get stricter gun control regulations.
    Except the fact that the exact opposite happened when the assault weapons ban signed in 1993 expired without little resistance in 2004.

The NRA has completely bought the republican party and a good chunk of democratic party. This will blow over and whatever changes we imagine will come of this will be mostly if not completely undone within the next 8-12 years.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I've been reading into a few mass murders. In Canada, Marc LÚpine planned his rampage for months. In South Korea, Woo Bum-kon was an alcoholic police officer who took his weapons right out of the police armory. Poorer countries tend to use incendiaries. Oceania and Maritime Southeast Asia rampages have relied almost exclusively on melee weapons (13 events with 12 dead minimum).

Guns aren't the issue. Although I can see some new restrictions on AR-15's, it won't be a solution.

Put some respeck in my paycheck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    I've been reading into a few mass murders. In Canada, Marc LÚpine planned his rampage for months. In South Korea, Woo Bum-kon was an alcoholic police officer who took his weapons right out of the police armory. Poorer countries tend to use incendiaries. Oceania and Maritime Southeast Asia rampages have relied almost exclusively on melee weapons (13 events with 12 dead minimum).

Guns aren't the issue. Although I can see some new restrictions on AR-15's, it won't be a solution.
    Thanks for doing some research. Who knew that people can figure out how to obtain weapons whether it is legal or not. Also mass murders do not require guns.
    The pen is mightier than the sword. I keep the sword for the day I run out of ink. - Unknown

People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid. - Soren Kierkegaard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    Except the fact that the exact opposite happened when the assault weapons ban signed in 1993 expired without little resistance in 2004.

The NRA has completely bought the republican party and a good chunk of democratic party. This will blow over and whatever changes we imagine will come of this will be mostly if not completely undone within the next 8-12 years.
    I don't want to have to sit through 2 terms of the most incompetent president ever, and the worst terrorist attack on American soil, just to get back to square 1.

Let's keep moving forward, rather than take a huge step backwards on the premise that we will eventually get back to where we are today.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't want to have to sit through 2 terms of the most incompetent president ever, and the worst terrorist attack on American soil, just to get back to square 1.

Let's keep moving forward, rather than take a huge step backwards on the premise that we will eventually get back to where we are today.
    Who are you and what have you done with Salty!
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Who are you and what have you done with Salty!
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about George W. Bush.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That's fine for you. But if I want to SELL my coffee table, or if I don't want to spend the money in a brand new coffee table, RC Willey is obviously not a good choice.
    Is KSL really the only way to sell stuff online?

I saw a link on KSL.com's website on facebook where someone provided in a comment an alternative online website to buy and sell guns. Seems to me like the "free market" is doing what it does best. If KSL doesn't want to advertise, that's fine. it's their loss. People are going to buy and sell their crap online.
    Get Educated

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Is KSL really the only way to sell stuff online?

I saw a link on KSL.com's website on facebook where someone provided in a comment an alternative online website to buy and sell guns. Seems to me like the "free market" is doing what it does best. If KSL doesn't want to advertise, that's fine. it's their loss. People are going to buy and sell their crap online.
    There are plenty of other places to buy and sell stuff online, but KSL is far and away the biggest in Utah. I honestly don't even know where else to look for used guns online. I'm sure I could find a place if I searched, but off the top of my head KSL is the only place I know for used guns online.

I agree that it's KSL's decision too. I'm just disappointed that they're contributing to this unfortunate hype fest.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about George W. Bush.
    That may be but his entire stance in this thread has been quite unusual for him.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder