Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What we need:

* A PG who can get our bigs the ball in a position to score without asking Gordon Hayward for help. I'm not sure if Brandon Jennings is that guy, but if I thought he were, I'd offer Paul Millsap or try to take him back in a package for Al Jefferson. Maybe we also try to draft CJ McCollum.
    calderon for sapman. done.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The UTAH JAZZ, where a "winning culture" somehow gets in the way of "championship vision".
    {size/HUGE} RUDY {/size}
    Pres. & CFO of Sefolosha Fan Club (PM for details)

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    Burks has a completely different skill set than Carroll. Carroll's ceiling is being a nice role player.
    And another thing.... Carroll is a small forward, Burks is a shooting guard.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    The UTAH JAZZ, where a "winning culture" somehow gets in the way of "championship vision".
    Post of the year? You've got my vote.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    Well said. But if they really want to act in the direction of "winning culture", they would give more chance to young core. Cause its obvious they would already do much better than this "win now" vet squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You guys are in denial. The Jazz have no chances to win a championship. You need a superstar (or two) to do it: LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, Shaq, Duncan. It is very hard to get a superstar and we have absolutely nobody on our roster who has any chance to become one. The Jazz are doing what they could by building a team that can reliably get to the first or second round, which is not easy - many NBA franchises would die to achieve the level of the 2007-2009 Jazz teams.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by doubledribble View Post
    You guys are in denial. The Jazz have no chances to win a championship. You need a superstar (or two) to do it: LeBron, Kobe, Dirk, Shaq, Duncan. It is very hard to get a superstar and we have absolutely nobody on our roster who has any chance to become one. The Jazz are doing what they could by building a team that can reliably get to the first or second round, which is not easy - many NBA franchises would die to achieve the level of the 2007-2009 Jazz teams.

All of those players you mentioned were drafted at some point.... the key is that once you draft a superstar, next thing you do is play them alot.

If the jazz drafted durant, he would have to wait a couple years behind josh howard, or marvin williams or someone like that before getting to play.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Kanter + Favors, if both continue to develop, could become a contender-level front court, on par with Gasol and Bynum.
    Hayward is a nice complementary player and could still improve his shooting.
    The Jazz need a solid PG and a stellar scoring wing.

I would be willing to trade out Jefferson, Millsap and even another player for low-maintenance players and a pick. Then play the young guys, slip in the standings, and go after a player we want in the lottery. I wouldn't call it "tanking" per se, just trading out expiring players for picks and role players.
    Last edited by Catchall; 12-16-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Toronto and Philadelphia are becoming teams in duress. That should provide favorable trading opportunities. Same with the Lakers, it's just that they don't have any assets worth mentioning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think I heard Spence Checkets say on the radio that the Jazz big plan is to improve within. They are counting on the youth they drafted improving to the point where they would be a contender. If they can't improve that much, we could experience years of mediocrity. The big problem of relying so much on the improvement of the drafties is that they will probably leave when their deals are up. Who would want to stay in a place that prefers playing undeserving veterans. I think the Jazz are content with being in the middle of the pack.