Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,911
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100

    Japan Swings To The Right

    https://www.chron.com/news/world/art...an-4122222.php

    The right wing party win the election in a landslide and is back in power. One of their stances is being tougher on China.

    Japan had recently scrambled 8 F15s in response to Chinese surveillance plane over those contested islands.

    In response:

    https://www.hindustantimes.com/world...e1-972474.aspx

    China tells its army to be ready for regional war.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,091
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Depends on how you describe right. Military, yes. Economically they're much closer to our left.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  4. #3
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,911
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on how you describe right. Military, yes. Economically they're much closer to our left.
    Yes I was talking militarily. A stronger Japan in that sense I good for America in my opinion.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,091
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I'm undecided. Ammending Article 9 means another country with offensive nuclear capability. That scares China & will raise tension. I love the progress China has been making and don't want to see that reversed.

    The best path to peace is being trading partners economically dependent on each other. Japan and China do a lot of trade already.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  6. #5
    Senior Member The Thriller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    On the Booz Cruise
    Posts
    12,206
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14386
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    I don't get why Democrats are viewed by repubs/conservatives in this country as being soft in defense or too anti-war. Was FDR a repub? Kennedy? LBJ? Clinton? Obama? Who began sending combat troops into Vietnam? Who authorized the use of Agent Orange? What was Rolling Thunder all about? Who kicked Osama's ass?

    I don't get it.
    Get Educated

  7. #6
    Senior Member Scat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,040
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7741
    Rep Adjustment Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't get it.
    Admittance is the first step to recovery.

  8. #7
    Senior Member leftyjace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,311
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2377
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love the progress China has been making and don't want to see that reversed.
    Curious... what progress has China made? Besides not blindly backing North Korea?

  9. #8
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,911
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyjace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious... what progress has China made? Besides not blindly backing North Korea?
    They have raised millions out of poverty. They have made great economic strides.

    On a side note, China's foreign policy is great for America. Pushes Japan, Taiwan, Vietnam, Phillipines and Australia even closer to the US.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,091
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyjace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Curious... what progress has China made? Besides not blindly backing North Korea?
    Depends on how you want to look at it. I read parts of their CASS article today talking about how they've shrunk consumption:GDP significantly while almost doubling tax as a % of GDP. Also, people keep pointing to the weakening of the Renmimbi but don't understand it has actually strenghtened in real returns when accounting for output increases. The way I see it, all this talk about pulling their people up is garbage. It's more a function of overall human advancement while a shrinking percentage of that growth actually gets to the people, even though they are becoming more prosperous overall.
    .
    With that said, I like their integration into the world economy and community. The key to toppling N. Korea will be China. There's no reason not to continue becoming more friendly and them more dependent on trade with the G7, Euro, & Australia.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  11. #10
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,911
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depends on how you want to look at it. I read parts of their CASS article today talking about how they've shrunk consumption:GDP significantly while almost doubling tax as a % of GDP. Also, people keep pointing to the weakening of the Renmimbi but don't understand it has actually strenghtened in real returns when accounting for output increases. The way I see it, all this talk about pulling their people up is garbage. It's more a function of overall human advancement while a shrinking percentage of that growth actually gets to the people, even though they are becoming more prosperous overall.
    .
    With that said, I like their integration into the world economy and community. The key to toppling N. Korea will be China. There's no reason not to continue becoming more friendly and them more dependent on trade with the G7, Euro, & Australia.
    On whose part. China be more friendly? I agree.

    If you mean everyone else then no I disagree. their stance on the south CHina sea is particularly agressive and has put them at odds with Vietnam, Japan, Phillipines, Singapore, Malaysia...China is trying to bully their way to power. All that stance is doing is hemming them in more on that front.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us