Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 110
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    16,653
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    47384
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've listened to the apologists on here talk about our offense without Apathetic Jefferson, and he has played brilliantly offensively in just enough games to accept the fool's gold. He defensive rebounds very well, he is a superstar teammate, and he is an ideal player to have on the team with respect to his conduct off the court. However, he is not even an efficient offensive player, and you will never (here me), never, even make the sixth seed with Jefferson as your main offensive player. You will also never make it out of the first round, ever, when he plays more than 30 minutes a game. His offensive is hit or miss, but his defense is disgraceful. He has no defensive pride and leads by example with his apathetic defensive play, letting guys drive right down the middle for easy baskets, just watching. The poisonous effect of this mindset is the most dangerous aspect of his play. You have to hold people accountable, and when your main players are the biggest offenders, you're in a bad spot. Not to put all of the blame on Al since I want Foye gone yesterday and possibly Mo as well. The both of them combined are, in the words of Kevin Pelton, "a historically bad rebounding backcourt."

    By keeping Al you hamper any growth that the young bigs might have, and it's not a matter of tanking, but there will be some growing pains, and the offense cannot run through them necessarily, although Kanter may turn out to be a very good offensive player and has held his own particularly after, get this, he started. When Ty's chewing his ass out for every little thing he does, but then turns the other cheek when the Vets look like the Washington Generals on defense, it's bound to mess with you a bit. In short, I am for trading A.J. this season, even though I like the guy a lot.

    As stated above, you also have to consider how the younglings are going to think about the Jazz when contracts come around. If these guys are the future, they need to start acting like it. I can't take another Millsap, AJ frontcourt, because I'm sick of the conservative middling tendencies of the Jazz brass.
    Excellent job setting up your own straw man and burning it down. You should claim victory over these imaginary Jefferson Apologists.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  2. #32
    Senior Member Purch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    364
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Interesting. Another question, if there's no Millsap and Al to take minutes away from Favors and Kanter, do you still think this team needs a different coach to maximize their talents?

    On a side note ( I was saying halfway though last season to see Jeff and Sap traded so Favors and Kanter can start).

  3. #33
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    11,155
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19288
    Rep Adjustment Power
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A stat that can't be ignored now that Trade Season is fully underway: Utah ranks No. 23 in defensive efficiency and allows 106 points per 100 possessions when vets Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap anchor the frontcourt. When it's anchored by Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter?Just 95.3 points.

    From ESPN Power Rankings.
    Does Corbin ignore the stats, or just want to outscore other teams?
    "les grandes défaites forgent les grands hommes" - Rudy Gobert

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,803
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4480
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Excellent job setting up your own straw man and burning it down. You should claim victory over these imaginary Jefferson Apologists.
    What's that? I couldn't hear you with all of that straw in your mouth.

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    16,653
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    47384
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's that? I couldn't hear you with all of that straw in your mouth.
    Us JFers chase breakfast habaneros with goldschlager and Tabasco sauce. What's a little burning straw?

    .
    .
    .
    .


    Your contention that the offense wouldn't miss AJ would be stronger if placed on its own platform.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  6. #36
    Senior Member orangello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Draft BPA
    Posts
    14,896
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    18321
    Rep Adjustment Power
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Purch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting. Another question, if there's no Millsap and Al to take minutes away from Favors and Kanter, do you still think this team needs a different coach to maximize their talents?

    On a side note ( I was saying halfway though last season to see Jeff and Sap traded so Favors and Kanter can start).
    This is still debatable. I want to say that Corbin will adjust the system for the personnel but I'm starting to think that is not going to happen.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,803
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4480
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Us JFers chase breakfast habaneros with goldschlager and Tabasco sauce. What's a little burning straw?

    Your contention that the offense wouldn't miss AJ would be stronger if placed on its own platform.
    Truth is, many of us waffle on Al because of his occasionally wonderful offensive displays. My point is not that the offense would instantly get better but that overall we would be better off. The Jazz have had a tendency to let contracts expire and let the player walk, which I don't want them to do this year. Our young bigs are far from perfect, and there would be some painful games (but there are those already). Since Corbin is too craven to pull his vet players from the game for time and time again not even competing on the defensive end, I want A.J. to bring us at least something back. I'm done with my waffling.
    Last edited by BYE; 12-17-2012 at 05:27 PM.


  8. #38
    Senior Member Lattimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3511
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Truth is, many of us waffle on Al because of his occasionally wonderful offensive displays. My point is not that the offensive would instantly get better but that overall we would be better off. The Jazz have had a tendency to let contracts expire and let the player walk, which I don't want them to do this year. Our young bigs are far from perfect, and there would be some painful games (but there are those already). Since Corbin is too craven to pull his vet players from the game for time and time again not even competing on the defensive end, I want A.J. to bring us at least something back. I'm done with my waffling.
    I don't think the jazz will make any moves. They will let them expire.

    If they re-sign Al i will be taking a break from the Jazz until his contract expires. I hope this doesn't happen.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    14,963
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12515
    Rep Adjustment Power
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think the jazz will make any moves. They will let them expire.

    If they re-sign Al i will be taking a break from the Jazz until his contract expires. I hope this doesn't happen.
    I have no problem with this. Just means we have extra money to fill whatever we need at that time.

  10. #40
    Senior Member pickledXgrandma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    the sugar hole
    Posts
    1,000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3112
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticWolf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure, it'd be better.

    And our offensive production would fall off a cliff.
    You started posting more recently and you need to stop. Please fall back into obscurity.

  11. #41
    Senior Member Lattimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3511
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no problem with this. Just means we have extra money to fill whatever we need at that time.
    What a wasted season this is.

  12. #42
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    32,564
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52124
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by pickledXgrandma View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You started posting more recently and you need to stop. Please fall back into obscurity.
    Why because some jackass Internet tough guy said so?

    You are more than welcomed here by some Lunatic. Please continue to post.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  13. #43
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jazz Forum
    Posts
    14,985
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    27844
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why because some jackass Internet tough guy said so?

    You are more than welcomed here by some Lunatic. Please continue to post.
    Sorry, but he is right. I repped him.
    presenting, gregbroncs, writing at a time when we had a multiple game lead on LAC and a healthy Rudy Gobert
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have young players at those positions who can use experience. Right now Lyles isn't getting it but I have confidence that he will be back on the floor rather soon. Favors is getting better, Exum is rounding into shape. We are not getting past the 2nd round, we are unlikely to get past the 1st round. None of the options listed or available change that in the slightest.

  14. #44
    Senior Member LunaticWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    525
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Jazz have had a tendency to let contracts expire and let the player walk, which I don't want them to do this year.
    What are you basing that on?
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

  15. #45
    Senior Member LunaticWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    525
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes they do and to sugest otherwise is foolish. They simply come to a different conclussion than you. Heaven forbid.
    No, they blatantly ignore what consequences would come of their demands. They dismiss these as nothing when they are required of running a home business, let alone an NBA team.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us