Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Senior Member JimLes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have not won this trade yet.
    Considering what the situation would've looked like right now if we hadn't traded him(see Cleveland, 6 months after), I think we won.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #22
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,126
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13310
    Rep Adjustment Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have not won this trade yet.
    Considering how this team would look had we not traded someone who wanted out, we made out like bandits.

  4. #23
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    33,145
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52854
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by billyshelby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have not won this trade yet.
    I disagree billy.

    If you asked every team in the league in an anonymous poll if they would rather have Favors and Kanter on their rookie deals + a possible late lotto or mid teens pick on the way, or Deron Williams on a Max contract, I think 9 out of 10 GM's take our side of the deal.

    If what you're saying is that neither Kanter or Favors is actually better at basketball right this minute than DWill, well then no duh. Thats a checkers mentality though. Thankfully KOC was playing chess.
    Make jazzfanz UGLI Again

  5. #24
    Senior Member m3at's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    81
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    trade AJ+Marvin+Mo+Bell for DWill. Get it done KOC.

  6. #25
    Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,150
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14238
    Rep Adjustment Power
    75
    Deron is in a bad situation in NY. His coach is terrible. Those comments he made were for Avery, no doubt. He wants a system and he knows he benefits from one. This whole quote is a dig at the Nets. Guarenteed he's plays like a top 5 PG with a system, and a good coach, and a deeper roster. But thats just it, he needs the whole package to make it worth his time.

    DWill was my favorite player, and was for most here. But he's just too much drama and hassle, and now dealing with nagging injuries. Jazz won this trade, hands down. Ask any Nets fan with their head on straight.
    #Bakkthoscakks&piis

  7. #26
    Senior Member midnight_hwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Boise, Idaho
    Posts
    845
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    395
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    What I find ironic. If Dwill doesn't like the system in Brooklyn, why did he extend? Why not go elsewhere such as Dallas or somewhere else?

    I see a coaching change on the horizon in Brooklyn.

  8. #27
    Senior Member JimLes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    2,028
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4856
    Rep Adjustment Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyPeterzz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guarenteed he's plays like a top 5 PG with a system, and a good coach, and a deeper roster.
    A lot of players are. Rondo is top 5 in a situation you describe.

  9. #28
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3808
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight_hwy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I find ironic. If Dwill doesn't like the system in Brooklyn, why did he extend? Why not go elsewhere such as Dallas or somewhere else?

    I see a coaching change on the horizon in Brooklyn.
    D-Will chose Brooklyn because of the media market and the $$$.

    I wonder how many coaches D-Will will go through during his tenure with the Nets? Hell, he more or less retired Sloan and we all know how he can play bratty when things aren't going his way. Honestly, I do not miss D-Will, however, I would trade the farm for Damian Lillard.

  10. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting that he mentions how much he loved Sloan's system. This should add some weight to the argument that he had very little to do, at least actively, with Sloan quitting. KOC did do a good job on this, and Mo Williams stats-wise is not far from Deron this year.
    Boler talked about a Jazz front office insider saying that DWill would play for 5-6 coaches in his career becuase he is a malcontent. He probably didnt realize how much he loved Sloans system until he got stuck in the hell that is New Jersey, and Brooklyn isn't much better.

  11. #30
    Senior Member Lattimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,561
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3511
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    I'm in the group that believes that Sloan was told his star was going to be traded and he said screw this i'm out.

    I know Deron and Sloan had their issues, but I still think it is silly to believe that Sloan can be pushed out by anyone after the egos he dealt with throughout his career.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us