Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Punch Bowl Re-Filler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So hold on to your butts and don't make new trade threads with the dream you had the night before about who the jazz should trade for....
    The dream I had last night about making a trade is not something I can include in this forum. Let's just say it was completely one-sided on my part, but boy was SHE worth it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Let us say that a deal comes along for Millsap of Jefferson. It is not a bad deal but it is less then you would otherwise get if they were not FAs next year.

Do you take it or let them go to free agency and get nothing in return?
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    Let us say that a deal comes along for Millsap of Jefferson. It is not a bad deal but it is less then you would otherwise get if they were not FAs next year.

Do you take it or let them go to free agency and get nothing in return?
    If the Jazz let Millsap or Jefferson walk, they are getting something in return...cap space and leverage. By retaining the rights for both, neither can hold the Jazz hostage in salary negotiations because there's a good chance the Jazz would say, ok Paul, we're just going to make the same offer to Al. If he signs before you get back to us, then you'll have to go elsewhere for fewer years and less overall guaranteed money.

Or the Jazz could decide they want neither player back. In that case, why accept players with longer-term contracts that take up cap space and may restrict Utah from going after good FA's? Even if Marvin exercises his option, the Jazz should have some cash to go after a starter. One good starter is better than a couple of mid-level back-ups.

The only trade I'd make is giving up Al or Paul + perhaps one of our picks to get a starter (or terrific 6th man). Jazz are lacking a "go-to" player, but have plenty of players who are decent backups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post

So hold on to your butts and don't make new trade threads with the dream you had the night before about who the jazz should trade for....
    lol did I kill an extra 3 seconds of your life. All threads and posts are rehashes of previous ones. take a look.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_junkie View Post
    If the deal didnt involve marshon brooks i dont want it....even though i barely want anything the nets have as it is lol. keep in mind the magic wanted him once in the offseason. i expect him there or houston.
    If we wanted Marshon Brooks, we could have just drafted him over Burks. I'm not sold on Brooks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by YB85 View Post
    I was at Fanzz last night buying some presents for my kids and nephew and both the Millsap and Jefferson jerseys were slashed. I asked if that means they are trading Millsap and Jefferson. The clerk said "we're trying".
    Funny. They ought to sell those jerseys while they can.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    If we wanted Marshon Brooks, we could have just drafted him over Burks. I'm not sold on Brooks.
    And the Jazz are not sold on Burks.
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If the deal didnt involve marshon brooks i dont want it....even though i barely want anything the nets have as it is lol. keep in mind the magic wanted him once in the offseason. i expect him there or houston.
    Brooks is terrible (chucker) & won't get off the bench cause he can't play D.

Paul/Raja for Humphries works but I don't see a need for him (2yr/24M) unless we can spin him to say CLE for 1 of their multiple 1st rounders in '13...
    i may quote myself from other treads... sue me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Paul/Raja to ORL for Harrington ('13 non-guaranteed)/Ayon/best of their multiple #1s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Millsap in Houston next to Asik makes a lot of sense. Most teams could use Millsap. I guess we could take a contract back from Orlando and some draft picks. They got a bunch in the Dwight trade.
    HOU is still under this cap THIS year so Paul for either Patterson/Morris/Jones/Aldrich/Montiejunas works.

or we can also swap Mo/Lin in a bigger package, but Lin would only be effective if we ran more P&R.