Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    15,087
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12491
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68

    Jazz sucking right now so I thought of this jazz/Magic trade

    This game is too hard to watch right now, so I thought of this...

    https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ctdejtf

    Only question is would the magic do this.

    Whether or not the magic would do it. This would be a great trade for us we get two great outside shooters making the jazz not resign Foye or Marv, and in my opinion Reddick and Afflalo are better deep shooters then Foye and Williams. We lose Burks, but he doesn't even play and Afflalo is underrated.

    Discuss....

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    I love AA but the Magic wouldn't do this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    15,087
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12491
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I love AA but the Magic wouldn't do this.
    That was my question. Guess it depends on how badly the magic want a low post scorer.

    Would everyone object to giving up a first round pick to get this deal done, because I think this trade makes us pretty good

    Mo. ?
    Afflalo Reddick. Hayward
    Hayward. Carroll
    Millsap. Favors. McRoberts.
    Favors. Kanter


    Get this done!!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    After watching Burks these two games I'm not willing to trade him and his value is too low for any realistic trade to make sense.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    15,087
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12491
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    After watching Burks these two games I'm not willing to trade him and his value is too low for any realistic trade to make sense.
    Well if he doesn't get play time to develop then your point is pointless.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well if he doesn't get play time to develop then your point is pointless.
    But with this trade, not only do we not have Burks anymore but Hayward's time is going down too because we have 2 more vet wings ahead of him.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    15,087
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12491
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But with this trade, not only do we not have Burks anymore but Hayward's time is going down too because we have 2 more vet wings ahead of him.
    Who? If you look at my earlier post I mentioned that this trade makes Foye and Marv expendable.


  8. #8
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    7,691
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    6594
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    I dare someone to propose a Magic trade where the Jazz don't get JJ Redick...............

  9. #9
    Senior Member Catchall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    City by the Bay
    Posts
    14,527
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12763
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Lets not trade with the Magic. That's just dull.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who? If you look at my earlier post I mentioned that this trade makes Foye and Marv expendable.
    My bad. I can see where you're going with this if that's the case....but I'm not sold on trading a potential star talent with Burks.

  11. #11
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jazz Forum
    Posts
    15,031
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    27844
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I'd bet AA could be had for Millsap and a pick or two. You're trading with a rebuilder... give them what they need.
    presenting, gregbroncs, writing at a time when we had a multiple game lead on LAC and a healthy Rudy Gobert
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have young players at those positions who can use experience. Right now Lyles isn't getting it but I have confidence that he will be back on the floor rather soon. Favors is getting better, Exum is rounding into shape. We are not getting past the 2nd round, we are unlikely to get past the 1st round. None of the options listed or available change that in the slightest.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Chad Feldheimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Valley Of The Sun
    Posts
    4,256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4264
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Catchall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lets not trade with the Magic. That's just dull.
    Jazz have obtained some gems from the Magic before. Giricek & Amechi come to mind.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    I should attend AA after reading this thread.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

  14. #14
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    15,087
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12491
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'd bet AA could be had for Millsap and a pick or two. You're trading with a rebuilder... give them what they need.
    don't they need a low post threat?

  15. #15
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jazz Forum
    Posts
    15,031
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    27844
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    don't they need a low post threat?
    Picks. Baby can post well enough.

    Who here would deal Millsap + a lottery-protected first + a second rounder for Afflalo? How realistic is this?

    Hayward-Burks-Afflalo is a pretty nice.
    presenting, gregbroncs, writing at a time when we had a multiple game lead on LAC and a healthy Rudy Gobert
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have young players at those positions who can use experience. Right now Lyles isn't getting it but I have confidence that he will be back on the floor rather soon. Favors is getting better, Exum is rounding into shape. We are not getting past the 2nd round, we are unlikely to get past the 1st round. None of the options listed or available change that in the slightest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us