Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58
  1. #31
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On the verge
    Posts
    9,523
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    24244
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by infection View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jazz basketball used to be this:

    I was looking for that. Larry was out of control for a while there, the passion was great, but it was a good thing when he was able to control it better.
    Virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #32
    Senior Member infection's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,127
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12116
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was looking for that. Larry was out of control for a while there, the passion was great, but it was a good thing when he was able to control it better.
    He would have repeated it this year except Warrior fans (or front office/Mark Jackson) instead of Nuggets fans.

  4. #33
    Punch Bowl Re-Filler
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Enemy territory (Warrior land)
    Posts
    20,834
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    39897
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone remind me what said defintion of jazz basketball is/waS?

    all i know this aint jazz basketball
    Boring?

  5. #34
    Punch Bowl Re-Filler
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Enemy territory (Warrior land)
    Posts
    20,834
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    39897
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by friendsinmyhead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the post we are referencing stated that the goal was now to put butts in seats and not to win championships. a championship may still be the goal, but it does not appear that we are trying to acheive the goal at all costs. Therefore it is probably not the ultimate goal. If we were chasing championships Ty would not be our Head Coach.
    The goal during the years with Stockton and Malone was to make money. Larry H. said it several times. He wanted the franchise to be in the black and was very proud that it had been right up until the time Stockton and Malone finished their careers. Belatedly, Larry H opened his pocketbook with the Deron-led teams to try to win a championship. Had he done so when John and Karl were in their primes, the Jazz may have won a couple of trophies.

  6. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We never won a championship, but we always over-performed. Our system made us better than our roster should have allowed.
    and now we are underperformning
    our lack of system makes us worse than our roster should allow

  7. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp Rosetti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deron to Boozer/Memo teams were almost just as soft. They should not have been mentioned. In fact, we avoid the paint so badly we're 8th in the league in free throw attempts per game. Last year, we were 4th. The year before 9th. The five seasons prior we were either 2nd or 3rd. A drop but far from a steep one.
    atleast offensivly they played jazz basketball.


    this years team does not play jazz basketball offensivly defensivly

  8. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Didn't Favors and Kanter, just yesterday, get into a huge fight?
    and how many minutes do they get compared to anti jazz basketball jeffersucks?

  9. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    atleast offensivly they played jazz basketball.


    this years team does not play jazz basketball offensivly defensivly
    Fair enough.

  10. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    dutchjazzer is an idiot. dont encourage him with a 'fair enough' bro. the difference between those teams and this one is they had 2 legit hall of fame players on the team. put 2 HOFers on this team and it's back to "JAZZ BASKETBALL" or whatever the hell you wanna call it. tl;dr: dutch is a dbag and HOFer make everything look better. also: dutch is a dbag please neg rape him.

  11. #40
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3808
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dutchjazzer is an idiot. dont encourage him with a 'fair enough' bro. the difference between those teams and this one is they had 2 legit hall of fame players on the team. put 2 HOFers on this team and it's back to "JAZZ BASKETBALL" or whatever the hell you wanna call it. tl;dr: dutch is a dbag and HOFer make everything look better. also: dutch is a dbag please neg rape him.
    I'm making the same observations that Dutch is, and I disagree that all we need is two Hall of Fame players. Sloan ran a system and had an identity... love it or hate it he had one. Corbin doesn't his team lacks an identity... If we had two hall of famers somehow land on the Jazz, I'm convinced Corbin would just run isos... that is NOT "Jazz basketball"

    However, I'm not convinced "Jazz Basketball" can exist in the modern NBA. Not unless you build a team with a defensive mind-set and play unselfish offensively. Nowadays players respond better to a Run and Gun chucka-iso-thon that has become the modern NBA... bleh. Even Sloan's later D-Will teams had lost that Defensive edge that Sloan was known for...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us