Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 58
  1. #41
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3808
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    dutchjazzer is an idiot. dont encourage him with a 'fair enough' bro. the difference between those teams and this one is they had 2 legit hall of fame players on the team. put 2 HOFers on this team and it's back to "JAZZ BASKETBALL" or whatever the hell you wanna call it. tl;dr: dutch is a dbag and HOFer make everything look better. also: dutch is a dbag please neg rape him.
    I will do no such thing!

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #42
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3808
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The goal during the years with Stockton and Malone was to make money. Larry H. said it several times. He wanted the franchise to be in the black and was very proud that it had been right up until the time Stockton and Malone finished their careers. Belatedly, Larry H opened his pocketbook with the Deron-led teams to try to win a championship. Had he done so when John and Karl were in their primes, the Jazz may have won a couple of trophies.
    Yep.. we squandered Stockton and Malone's prime, and then threw money at the wrong generation of Jazz players.

  4. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm making the same observations that Dutch is, and I disagree that all we need is two Hall of Fame players. Sloan ran a system and had an identity... love it or hate it he had one. Corbin doesn't his team lacks an identity... If we had two hall of famers somehow land on the Jazz, I'm convinced Corbin would just run isos... that is NOT "Jazz basketball"

    However, I'm not convinced "Jazz Basketball" can exist in the modern NBA. Not unless you build a team with a defensive mind-set and play unselfish offensively. Nowadays players respond better to a Run and Gun chucka-iso-thon that has become the modern NBA... bleh. Even Sloan's later D-Will teams had lost that Defensive edge that Sloan was known for...


    i wanted TyCo gone before most everybody here so i am no fan of his. I think TyCo does have an identity, it's just not one I/we particularly like. you said it urself, lots of isos for the bigs. that's an identity bro. opposing teams know that utah is gonna pound the ball in the front court and build from there. and you said it urself that u seem to miss sloan ball moreso than jazz ball whatever that means and that sloanball is impossible to fully implement nowadays. i agree with u on getting tyco outta here but dont get fooled by dutch he is just a BIG AL hater. hes trying to blame big al for everything and wishes big al would get injured and die. you sound reasonable and i semi agree with u but dont get fooled by dbagdutch

  5. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm making the same observations that Dutch is, and I disagree that all we need is two Hall of Fame players. Sloan ran a system and had an identity... love it or hate it he had one. Corbin doesn't his team lacks an identity... If we had two hall of famers somehow land on the Jazz, I'm convinced Corbin would just run isos... that is NOT "Jazz basketball"

    However, I'm not convinced "Jazz Basketball" can exist in the modern NBA. Not unless you build a team with a defensive mind-set and play unselfish offensively. Nowadays players respond better to a Run and Gun chucka-iso-thon that has become the modern NBA... bleh. Even Sloan's later D-Will teams had lost that Defensive edge that Sloan was known for...
    have You seen how favors runs pick and roll defense.
    if i was a 6 foot guard i would think twice.
    favors jumps out and bodychecks the guard on the 3 point line.
    which makes gaurd thinks twice after that he runs back to his man.

    what does it acomplish? you may ask?
    it fricking breaks the offensive flow of the guard. so the offensive set has to be reset.
    kanter does it also.
    so give kanter and favors 30+ minutes. and jazz have that defensive edge back.
    it will be contagious. before you know it millsap will be playing with that fire.
    gordon, (burks, watson already plays with that fire).
    it will be contagious.

    great defense from a center is contagious. seeing as they are the last line of defense. so yeah give favors kanter 30 minutes PER.
    and watch millsap defense improve. don't know if al is able to improve his defense in limted minutes.

    we dont need jefferson offense.
    favors millsap and kanter/burks are way better scorers.
    we dont need lazy al's rebounding.
    burks is just as a good rebounder
    kanter favors and millsap will pickup the slack.

    once teams know jazz play gritte physical defense. jazz will win way more games

  6. #45
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3808
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenHarris View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i wanted TyCo gone before most everybody here so i am no fan of his. I think TyCo does have an identity, it's just not one I/we particularly like. you said it urself, lots of isos for the bigs. that's an identity bro. opposing teams know that utah is gonna pound the ball in the front court and build from there. and you said it urself that u seem to miss sloan ball moreso than jazz ball whatever that means and that sloanball is impossible to fully implement nowadays. i agree with u on getting tyco outta here but dont get fooled by dutch he is just a BIG AL hater. hes trying to blame big al for everything and wishes big al would get injured and die. you sound reasonable and i semi agree with u but dont get fooled by dbagdutch
    Fair enough response (except for the needless slams on a fellow poster). Iso's may be an identity (I will concede that), however, I don't believe Iso's should be a professional team's identity. I might as well watch amateurs play... It would be cheaper.

  7. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,374
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fair enough response (except for the needless slams on a fellow poster). Iso's may be an identity (I will concede that), however, I don't believe Iso's should be a professional team's identity. I might as well watch amateurs play... It would be cheaper.
    thanks bro. and actually lots of pro teams use variations of iso-heavy offenses and have had great success with it. Gregg Pop and Avery Johnson, for example, are ones that come to mind. It's an ugly brand of bball imo, but depending on the personnel, it's effective. Though i agree its not for this jazz team.
    also my slams on dutch are not needless at all. I have a philosohpy that i will never ever neg rep anyone because i hate




    slamming posters. but for dutch i made an exception because he is a dbag and wishing players to legit get injured and die is just disgusting and he should be banned but the mod overlords love him so we should neg rape him

  8. #47
    Senior Member WhiskyPriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,896
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3808
    Rep Adjustment Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    have You seen how favors runs pick and roll defense.
    if i was a 6 foot guard i would think twice.
    favors jumps out and bodychecks the guard on the 3 point line.
    which makes gaurd thinks twice after that he runs back to his man.

    what does it acomplish? you may ask?
    it fricking breaks the offensive flow of the guard. so the offensive set has to be reset.
    kanter does it also.
    so give kanter and favors 30+ minutes. and jazz have that defensive edge back.
    it will be contagious. before you know it millsap will be playing with that fire.
    gordon, (burks, watson already plays with that fire).
    it will be contagious.

    great defense from a center is contagious. seeing as they are the last line of defense. so yeah give favors kanter 30 minutes PER.
    and watch millsap defense improve. don't know if al is able to improve his defense in limted minutes.

    we dont need jefferson offense.
    favors millsap and kanter/burks are way better scorers.
    we dont need lazy al's rebounding.
    burks is just as a good rebounder
    kanter favors and millsap will pickup the slack.

    once teams know jazz play gritte physical defense. jazz will win way more games

    I absolutely agree. I've been advocating for our young players to get as much floor time as possible. I would just add that Millsap has become complacent on the defensive end as well. He might change if Al was gone, but he would have to "re-prove" himself to me. Millsap would have to bring back that scrappy attitude which originally had won all of us over.

  9. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiskyPriest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I absolutely agree. I've been advocating for our young players to get as much floor time as possible. I would just add that Millsap has become complacent on the defensive end as well. He might change if Al was gone, but he would have to "re-prove" himself to me. Millsap would have to bring back that scrappy attitude which originally had won all of us over.
    he did change offensivly and defensivly when al was injured. and when al came back he still did have that edge.
    but after a few games of al sucking the ball on offense.
    sap disapeared again.

    big al is a nice guy of the court. i know.
    but on the court he is a cancer to this team

  10. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,256
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1340
    Rep Adjustment Power
    32
    To me, "Jazz basketball" means Sloan-Malone-Stockton basketball. A playmaker PG and a tremendous low post and PNR power forward, along with a hard nosed coach. It was great stuff while they were together.

    But that is what it should be called, "Sloan-Malone-Stockton basketball", not "Jazz basketball". Unfortunately, I think the organizations thinks that is what it is and they keep trying to re-create that PG-PF combo first with D-Will-Boozer, not Slow Al and whoever. Can't be done and should not be attempted, "Sloan-Malone-Stockton basketball" is not coming back because it WAS those guys. So quit trying to re-create the past and move on. Make the best use of what talent you have, change with the rules and the evolution of the game, move forward damn it.

  11. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To me, "Jazz basketball" means Sloan-Malone-Stockton basketball. A playmaker PG and a tremendous low post and PNR power forward, along with a hard nosed coach. It was great stuff while they were together.

    But that is what it should be called, "Sloan-Malone-Stockton basketball", not "Jazz basketball". Unfortunately, I think the organizations thinks that is what it is and they keep trying to re-create that PG-PF combo first with D-Will-Boozer, not Slow Al and whoever. Can't be done and should not be attempted, "Sloan-Malone-Stockton basketball" is not coming back because it WAS those guys. So quit trying to re-create the past and move on. Make the best use of what talent you have, change with the rules and the evolution of the game, move forward damn it.
    but we had jazz basketball when we had no malone no stockton.
    the year we went 41-41.
    i enjoyed that year tremendously.
    even if we go 45-37 this yeat i would still prefer the 41-41 year.
    when team first jazz hard nosed defensive basketball was played.

    edit accidentally said no sloan no stockton(meant no malone no stockton)
    Last edited by DutchJazzer; 12-27-2012 at 09:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us