Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really like how the Warriors blend their roster.
    There is a mix of youth and vets starting.

I still think sending Sap to the second unit would help.
    Big Al and Sap are painful to watch together, and I don't think Favors and Kanter are that good together right now
    Yes I agree.

But what's saddening to me though is how Thompson was the 11th pick and Burks was the 12th pick last year. But you can tell Thompson was composed out there and he's up to the challenge because of all the experience he received last year. Burks on the other hand is out there running around like he's still auditioning for a draft spot.

Thompson had played 2,593 minutes (mostly against starters) while Burks had only played 1,073 (mostly against scrubs).
    A New Hope....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Deron Williams View Post
    The Warriors have been terrible for about 17 of the last 20 years. The Jazz, on the other hand, have been decent or better about 17 out of 20 seasons. I'd say our model works better.
    This is where I stopped reading. How relevant are the past 20 seasons? For the past two years we've had no Sloan and a dead Larry Miller. This franchise is in no way the same as twenty years ago, or 10 years ago, or even 4 years ago when Larry got sick. The only similarity is the franchise name. The Jazz kept consistency because it was good. You can't take mediocrity and assume the same result just because the only variable you've kept the same is 'consistency'.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    Utah models are hot and mormon.
    Golden State models are hot, but tan too much due to California sun so they don't age well.
    Quite a bit of factors to look at here, but Utah models are better, folks.
    Who gives a ****? We ain't marryin'm.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotttnickkk View Post
    I don't know.. those are my thoughts.. what do you guys think?
    Confirmation bias. The strategy you outline was a recipe for the Warriors playing badly for many years. Taking one year where they seem to have things together in the first third is selective perception.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    Confirmation bias. The strategy you outline was a recipe for the Warriors playing badly for many years. Taking one year where they seem to have things together in the first third is selective perception.
    Problem is basketball is played on a court and isn't subject to the alternative notions you are loosely suggesting. It's basketball. Also (and this one is a serious question), can one be guilty of being selective when the only reality is the one before us .. meaning there is no other data to choose from (directly, that is)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Mark Jackson found a way to develop youngsters and to win.

As for us, we still don't know who is Kanter, who is Favors, Burks got playing time just because someone was injured and Hayward is not a starter anymore.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    Problem is basketball is played on a court and isn't subject to the alternative notions you are loosely suggesting. It's basketball. Also (and this one is a serious question), can one be guilty of being selective when the only reality is the one before us .. meaning there is no other data to choose from (directly, that is)?
    I'm not sure to which "alternative notions" you are referring. I agree it's basketball, whether it's being played by the Warriors, Bobcats, Raptors, TrailBlazers, or Pistons. While I don't claim to follow any of those teams closely, my perception has been that they have all been generally following the suggestions of Hotttnickkk for a number of years. So, when you say there is no other data to choose from, I'm curious why you can't choose from data that includes such teams.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If Ty Corbin coached the Warriors guys like Curry and Thompson would be riding the pine in favor or guys like Richard Jefferson.

If Corbin coached the Blazers no one outside of the Big Sky would know who Damian Lillard was.

It's truly ridiculous that guys like Kanter and Favors are struggling to even get 20 mins while guys like Burks are basically receiving zero. I truly don't know of any other coach in the league who would have simply benched Burks, barely play Kanter, and play Favors only 20 mins. For most teams Favors would be 35+ mins, starter, and huge contributor. Kanter would be a 30+ min guy. And Burks would start.

It's sooooo weird what we're doing with 3 lotto picks, in particular, the 2 bigs who were top 3 picks. So weird.
    Get Educated

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    I'm not sure to which "alternative notions" you are referring. I agree it's basketball, whether it's being played by the Warriors, Bobcats, Raptors, TrailBlazers, or Pistons. While I don't claim to follow any of those teams closely, my perception has been that they have all been generally following the suggestions of Hotttnickkk for a number of years. So, when you say there is no other data to choose from, I'm curious why you can't choose from data that includes such teams.
    I knew what you meant, OB. I just wanted to mess with you and point out that these types of things can hardly be formula-applied.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Jazz model right now should be trading Fat Al + Millsap + GSW Pick for a young PG like Holiday or Rondo and then follow the GSW model and get Shabazz