Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by AKMVP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it is not going to result in more wins, so why bother? He is bad in pick and roll, terrible defender and likes to freestyle on both sides of the court instead of playing within structured offense or defense. Does it look like player who would do well with the Jazz?
    Sounds almost exactly like how we play lately.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    If it is not going to result in more wins, so why bother? He is bad in pick and roll, terrible defender and likes to freestyle on both sides of the court instead of playing within structured offense or defense. Does it look like player who would do well with the Jazz?
    How much better is Mo Williams at defensive? He was often cross-matched with Eric Bledsoe, which provided some relief, but he's not much better at guarding 1s than he is at checking 2s. He lacks speed against quicker guards. Lowry had a bad defensive season but if you look at past seasons, Hollinger actually rates him as one of the best defensive PG's.

"Normally among the best defensive point guards in basketball, Lowry's defensive metrics were pretty ho-hum last season." - Hollinger

Not saying he improved this year but there could be a lot of factors including the type of defense the Raptors run that could contribute to his poor defensive season

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    ROFL. There is a reason Raptors win more without him. Bargnani is the one to blame as well, but Lowry is just as bad "hero" ball chucker/stat padding player who does not help his team win. Him and Big Al chucking would make this board explode with hate.
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjazz107 View Post
    Not many other options especially with the deadline close...he's definitely a better rebounder and passer than Mo
    have to agree with AK.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjazz107 View Post
    How much better is Mo Williams at defensive?
    We should get Calderon - he sucks on defense as well, but at least he knows how to pass and run offense. Unfortunately Raptors probably unerstood that as well and I doubt they will trade him now.
    It is really sad reality that there is just no true pass first PG's available anymore. Paul, Rondo, Nash, Calderon, maybe Lin? Who else?
    Learning begins when you do not know the answer.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    have to agree with AK.
    You don't see that alot around here.

AK is right they suck. But everybody's poop stinks, do you think Toronto fans would be dancing in the streets to get a 5 month Big Al rental? No.

The Jazz's reality is 1-wait it out till July with this group and sign a free agent (how has that worked out lately?) or 2-take on somebody elses garbage. I'm still betting on #1.
    Virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    But I thought Calderon was available to everyone in the league?
    "Adversity is opportunity in disguise."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The Jazz's situation is so bad at the position that I would look at this. But only if Al is gone in the process. Otherwise, this is a non-starter.
    "Adversity is opportunity in disguise."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    He gets to the free throw line a lot. Which I know Dennis Lindsey Loves when looking at stats.
    But his shooting percentages are not good. from the 3 or the field. He is also injury prone. I don't think Lindsey will do this trade.

It would need to be a 3 team trade. I don't like Lowry. Would I trade Jefferson for him? Yes but I would hope Lowry is a last option kind of thing.
    "The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team." - John Wooden

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Twin Towers View Post
    He gets to the free throw line a lot. Which I know Dennis Lindsey Loves when looking at stats.
    But his shooting percentages are not good. from the 3 or the field. He is also injury prone. I don't think Lindsey will do this trade.

It would need to be a 3 team trade. I don't like Lowry. Would I trade Jefferson for him? Yes but I would hope Lowry is a last option kind of thing.
    Seems like when he goes down with an injury his team gets better. Rockets got better when Dragic got the full time job and Raptors got better when Calderon got back to the starter. Not sure Lowry would be the man for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Lowry just isn't leadership material. I think that's what Jazz want in a PG...I mean we got Tinsley, Watson, and Mo and they're more leaders than they are players.