Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Keeping it REAL ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    37,104
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    42693
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100

    What's wrong with Paul Millsap?

    Millsap was Mr. Invisible again tonight.

    I mean what's wrong with him? His hustle is non-existence. Where's his mid range game? He used to get easy buckets here there and everywhere. He didn't seem to have any energy or enthusiasm. Like a big fat ZERO interest in the game.

    We were right in it until Tyre Carbon decided to sub in Al & Millsap. Al did his usual thing. Paul was invisible on both ends of the floor, letting Griffindorf do whatever he likes. Had we have Al & Favors in there at the end I reckon we would have won it.

    So what's wrong with Paul? It's his contract year for goodness sake!! Play like it!!

  2. #2
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    11,190
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19288
    Rep Adjustment Power
    92
    Isn't it obvious by now. He's a really good back up, average starter overall.
    "les grandes défaites forgent les grands hommes" - Rudy Gobert

  3. #3
    Senior Member shadler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    78
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Maybe he isn't a starter?

  4. #4
    Senior Member m3at's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    81
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't it obvious by now. He's a really good back up, average starter overall.
    BRAND NEW INFORMATION!!!

    Seriously though, he works hard and develops his game every off season which we all love, but IMO, he's hit his ceiling. It's time to move him and/or Al (and foye/corbin hehe).

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    622
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1737
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    Maybe we are seeing the evidence of players who play well for the Jazz (Jerry+Phil) and when they go to another team (coach/Corbin) they don't thrive.

  6. #6
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,150
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20541
    Rep Adjustment Power
    97
    He's FINALLY hit his ceiling and I think that's frustrating him.

    But honestly, and I know this is very Dutch of me, but I honestly feel like part of it is that some of the loser has washed off Al and onto him. I'm not kidding. Additionally, he knows the path the organization is on, and Al has, is, and would forever continue to get the nod over him if it comes down to a decision and he's probably somewhat demoralized by that. He has been playing better for the last little while with exception to tonight, though.

    But I've always felt the best way he could help a team is as a super-sub anyway.
    Mark Cuban is a ****ing sociopath.

  7. #7
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,150
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20541
    Rep Adjustment Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Harcher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Maybe we are seeing the evidence of players who play well for the Jazz (Jerry+Phil) and when they go to another team (coach/Corbin) they don't thrive.
    Except that Millsap had his best year last year.
    Mark Cuban is a ****ing sociopath.

  8. #8
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    61,802
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    96139
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's FINALLY hit his ceiling and I think that's frustrating him.

    But honestly, and I know this is very Dutch of me, but I honestly feel like part of it is that some of the loser has washed off Al and onto him. I'm not kidding. Additionally, he knows the path the organization is on, and Al has, is, and would forever continue to get the nod over him if it comes down to a decision and he's probably somewhat demoralized by that. He has been playing better for the last little while with exception to tonight, though.

    But I've always felt the best way he could help a team is as a super-sub anyway.
    Nice post. Much respect from me.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.


  9. #9
    Senior Member m3at's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    81
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's FINALLY hit his ceiling and I think that's frustrating him.

    But honestly, and I know this is very Dutch of me, but I honestly feel like part of it is that some of the loser has washed off Al and onto him. I'm not kidding. Additionally, he knows the path the organization is on, and Al has, is, and would forever continue to get the nod over him if it comes down to a decision and he's probably somewhat demoralized by that. He has been playing better for the last little while with exception to tonight, though.

    But I've always felt the best way he could help a team is as a super-sub anyway.
    I pretty much agree, however, the organization extended an offer to Milsap to renew his contract earlier in the year, didn't they? They haven't done that with Al. He has to know they want him here.

  10. #10
    Senior Member nateboz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,083
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3594
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    I have to think that he knows that both Favors and Kanter are the future. His heart and head are no longer in it. He's already rejected the jazz's max extension contract offer. Both he and Jefferson need to be moved asap.

  11. #11
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,150
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20541
    Rep Adjustment Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I pretty much agree, however, the organization extended an offer to Milsap to renew his contract earlier in the year, didn't they? They haven't done that with Al. He has to know they want him here.
    They knew they were going to get a deal with Millsap (as they could only extend him at basically his same salary but with raises, which would put him a couple million per year under his market-value), so it was a no-brainer offer for the organization, especially since the rules essentially protected them from paying more and also from the ire of the Millsap camp in the event they felt low-balled or something.

    That really doesn't change why none of us have seen any indication that the Jazz have or are attempting to extend Al, so your point stands to a degree (even though it doesn't address the difference in a coaching situation and a roster decision).
    Mark Cuban is a ****ing sociopath.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Scorpjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    1,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1538
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    It was the auto offer almost that they knew he would reject but would make them look good, really.

  13. #13
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jazz Forum
    Posts
    15,052
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    27844
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I'd like to second Numberica's statements about Millsap's awareness of the organization and its direction. Hard to get that extra ounce out when the **** is piled this high.
    presenting, gregbroncs, writing at a time when we had a multiple game lead on LAC and a healthy Rudy Gobert
    Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have young players at those positions who can use experience. Right now Lyles isn't getting it but I have confidence that he will be back on the floor rather soon. Favors is getting better, Exum is rounding into shape. We are not getting past the 2nd round, we are unlikely to get past the 1st round. None of the options listed or available change that in the slightest.

  14. #14
    Senior Member m3at's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    504
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    81
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They knew they were going to get a deal with Millsap (as they could only extend him at basically his same salary but with raises, which would put him a couple million per year under his market-value), so it was a no-brainer offer for the organization, especially since the rules essentially protected them from paying more and also from the ire of the Millsap camp in the event they felt low-balled or something.

    That really doesn't change why none of us have seen any indication that the Jazz have or are attempting to extend Al, so your point stands to a degree (even though it doesn't address the difference in a coaching situation and a roster decision).
    Thanks for clearing that up. Do you think Al will get a nod over Sap at the end of the season? I would hope not. I think we have seen what we can become with Al in our starting line up and hopefully the organization can see that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was the auto offer almost that they knew he would reject but would make them look good, really.
    Thanks. Makes sense.

  15. #15
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,150
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20541
    Rep Adjustment Power
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for clearing that up. Do you think Al will get a nod over Sap at the end of the season? I would hope not. I think we have seen what we can become with Al in our starting line up and hopefully the organization can see that too.
    I think the front office/ownership and coaching are slightly at odds on this. Maybe it's because the FO might be more sentimental or maybe it's because they're smarter. Or maybe I'm just riffing. I just can't see Al staying here after this year unless the Jazz get him on a Millsap-right-now-like deal. If I'm wrong on that point, I don't know what I'll do.
    Mark Cuban is a ****ing sociopath.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us