Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any more room on the back of the bandwagon guys?
    Always
    Cy is a Baker, he doesn't work fast food. Don't make that mistake, he doesn't like it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    I've become convinced that he will never be a dominating offensive player, so the most we can hope for is dominance defensively, 11 plus rebounds a game, and 12-16 points per game on 50% shooting or more.
    Anything wrong with that? Sounds fantastic to me. Notice how many NBA teams have a non-scoring defensive center? Favors can be much more than that. He should be starting.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by udflyer View Post
    Was the goal tending call on Hayward correct? I never saw anything like that
    Technically is goaltending, but in Haywards defense, had he not hung onto the rim, he'd have landed on his head. In my opinion the refs should've accounted for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Anything wrong with that? Sounds fantastic to me. Notice how many NBA teams have a non-scoring defensive center? Favors can be much more than that. He should be starting.
    Lol. Thought the same thing, not to mention Kanter looks like he could develop into a low post scoring machine. If that happens. Those two will dominate for years to come and be a great front court tandem. I'm rooting for that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    So Denver plays a line up at the wings of 6-6 iggy and 6-10 Galinari....so Corbin plays the 6-8 Hayward 19 minutes?

Also, I liked the Denver offense. It created lots of open lanes going to the basket, they have 3 players in the top 11 for dunks (jazz highest player is #30). And not only does the Nugents offense create lanes to the basket it also sends rebounders to the basket when the shots go up. The Jazz's Jefferson iso doesn't put rebounders in postion.
    Virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    So Denver plays a line up at the wings of 6-6 iggy and 6-10 Galinari....so Corbin plays the 6-8 Hayward 19 minutes?

Also, I liked the Denver offense. It created lots of open lanes going to the basket, they have 3 players in the top 11 for dunks (jazz highest player is #30). And not only does the Nugents offense create lanes to the basket it also sends rebounders to the basket when the shots go up. The Jazz's Jefferson iso doesn't put rebounders in postion.

Good post.
    Denver is pretty fun to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by zman1527 View Post
    Again, nothing wrong with it. Miami would be unstoppable with Favors at the 5, and I agree that he should be starting, but it's more complicated than that of course. The composition of the team and how it gels is the most important aspect of any team. Therefore, the Jazz need at least two very good and efficient scorers that play semi-quality D. Kanter and Hayward might be those two, but that remains to be seen. I like Favors, but he has a lot to figure out on the offensive end, and I'm not just talking about scoring, which he doesn't do very well (6'10": 45% shooting). I'm optimistic in his development if he gets the minutes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Hey, Mellow, where do you get the list of dunk leaders? I've looked for that in the past and have not been able to find it. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    Again, nothing wrong with it. Miami would be unstoppable with Favors at the 5, and I agree that he should be starting, but it's more complicated than that of course. The composition of the team and how it gels is the most important aspect of any team. Therefore, the Jazz need at least two very good and efficient scorers that play semi-quality D. Kanter and Hayward might be those two, but that remains to be seen. I like Favors, but he has a lot to figure out on the offensive end, and I'm not just talking about scoring, which he doesn't do very well (6'10": 45% shooting). I'm optimistic in his development if he gets the minutes.
    But you missed the major point about Favors: No, he does not have to have to figure out a lot on the offensive end. His D now makes him a good starter, anything he gives on offense is gravy. And even now his offense, especially foul shots, is much better than most defending C's in the league. And he will get better, especially with more time and more calls from the refs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Hayward should get 35 minutes per game. he is our most reliable effort and action player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This "system" as people have come to call it doesn't work with young players. It also doesn't help that Corbin thinks the exact same way as Sloan regarding playing "vets" over young talent when we are not in a win now situation. With that said I'm done watching this debacle.