Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lol, then continue to be called a Kentucky homer, which I know you hate. Lol...
    It was a joke .. I'm an insane fan of UK, but speak to the players strengths and weaknesses fairly and objectively. I'm okay with being called a homer, as long as it's in the correct context.

Bring on the onslaught!
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It doesnt matter what we think as fans. Jazz management will never make a move that would "tank". Its just not happening. They are going to press on and take their chances with this championship contending line up. I know that sounds stupid to you and I, but its the truth. Its not a joke either. This is how they think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    These are some valid concerns.... however, you act as if the OP is saying to trade mo, millsap, and hayward for knight, maggette and prince and nothing else.

In actuality the OP was saying that the jazz make that trade, and then play burks, kanter, favors, and knight major minutes... then draft polythress, and burke next year.
    Of course we dont know what picks we would end up with or who we would draft, but the OP is presenting a hypothetical situation where we end up with a line up of Knight and burke at PG, burks and murphy at SG, prince and polythress at SF, Kanter and favors as the primary 4 and 5.... with marvin, and carroll coming off the bench..... plus we would have to sign a few free agents as well.

haha...that's funny. (part in bold)

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    It doesnt matter what we think as fans. Jazz management will never make a move that would "tank". Its just not happening. They are going to press on and take their chances with this championship contending line up. I know that sounds stupid to you and I, but its the truth. Its not a joke either. This is how they think.
    Probably right hack.

However, the OP's trade proposal is basically hayward to detroit for prince, knight, polythress and burke + more experience and playing time for burks, kanter, favors.... Since millsap and mo williams have a pretty decent chance of being gone.

If the hypothetical situation happened like the OP says then that is a great trade for the jazz.
    Jazz lose hayward (and millsap and mo, who we might lose anyway)
    Jazz gain prince, knight, polythress, burke and experience for our remaining young guys. (plus maggette, who would be gone after this season)

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by m3at View Post

haha...that's funny. (part in bold)

Can we somehow get a new coach in the deal? Lol, you are probably right. carroll would start over burks, and marvin would get to play before polythress ever would...... Plus tinsley or watson would probably start ahead of brandon knight and trey burke.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I like the thinking but I see 2 flaws right off...

1- why poythress? He needs some seasoning from cal. I am not a fan of his work ethic right now and I don't see him being an answer to a championship.

2- there is no way Burke will be available for the jazz with the gsw pick. Unless the tankers start to lose.

Brandon knight has not shown the ability to run a team effectively at the next level. He is still a shoot first pg. I would say no to this trade.

With all the Kentucky players involved I thought this might be PKM as an alt.

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    It was a joke .. I'm an insane fan of UK, but speak to the players strengths and weaknesses fairly and objectively. I'm okay with being called a homer, as long as it's in the correct context.

Bring on the onslaught!
    Ya I know. I was joking too. I love your insights, and have never thought your insights to be homerish. As someone who isn't as knowledgeable about the many potential draftees I hang on your every post in the draft thread.

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Xthren View Post
    I like the thinking but I see 2 flaws right off...

1- why poythress? He needs some seasoning from cal. I am not a fan of his work ethic right now and I don't see him being an answer to a championship.

2- there is no way Burke will be available for the jazz with the gsw pick. Unless the tankers start to lose.

Brandon knight has not shown the ability to run a team effectively at the next level. He is still a shoot first pg. I would say no to this trade.

With all the Kentucky players involved I thought this might be PKM as an alt.
    I agree with all of that. Only thing I'd nit-pick is the Poythress work ethic thing. It's similar to Darius Miller. He's a hard worked, great kid, honor roll student, but not driven to drive a stake through the heart of the competition. He works hard, but plays like he wants to be a 3rd/4th option .. when he should maybe be the 1st.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM View Post
    I agree with all of that. Only thing I'd nit-pick is the Poythress work ethic thing. It's similar to Darius Miller. He's a hard worked, great kid, honor roll student, but not driven to drive a stake through the heart of the competition. He works hard, but plays like he wants to be a 3rd/4th option .. when he should maybe be the 1st.
    Sounds like Marvin Williams v2.
    Shovel your way out of the s***

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Could be. Kids got top 5 talent/skill/ability and right now I'd be weary of taking him in the lottery, at all. Calipari has started one on one coaching him so maybe he'll light the pilot and Alex will take off.. I'm not overly optimistic, but am obviously hopeful.