Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think the Heat should have picked up Fessenko. He'd help them with defense and rebounds.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yes it was a screw up.

The word was already out on Jeffy and how he was a no defense black hole. Jazz management should have done there homework. There were people on this board who knew what Al was about. Numberica is one of them that comes to mind. Now how the **** does Numberica know more about a player than Jazz management? Its because they aren't as smart as everyone around here makes them out to be. They need to stop getting a ****ing pass on everything. Our management isn't that great. They aren't the worst, but they surely aren't the best.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wasn't much of a Big Al fan at the time, but I still thought it was a worthwhile gamble. Koufos, Montiejunas and another pick (which one?) isn't much to give up for a player who was still young and produced on a ****ty team. Not everything works out in the end.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_NBA_Draft

Terrence Jones

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    I wasn't much of a Big Al fan at the time, but I still thought it was a worthwhile gamble. Koufos, Montiejunas and another pick (which one?) isn't much to give up for a player who was still young and produced on a ****ty team. Not everything works out in the end.
    EDIT:

I mostly agree with this, but I was livid with the trade at the time because I hated how Al played and I couldn't imagine how that lead-footed, molasses-brained loser was going to be the focal point of an offense predicated on a lot of screening, motion, and ball movement. I certainly agree with the last part after I got a bigger picture of the thing and calmed down. But it didn't pass the taste test when I heard the rumors.
    "Adversity is opportunity in disguise."

Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by numberica View Post
    yep.
    yep.
    A New Hope....

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    What other option did we have?
    Shovel your way out of the s***

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    It didn't work out but was worth a gamble. Al had never played with a PG near Deron's pedigree and was an established 20/10 player, not to mention wasn't 100% recovered from that ACL injury. Remember Deron calling him up telling him he would make him an all star? It was a good calculated risk.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    The warning flags were there. He had a DUI, he put up good numbers on team that were horrible and had barely been in the playoffs. The Jazz had lost Boozer to free agency and this deal was a bit of desperation to put some butts in the seats instead of a sound basketball move.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Perhaps the mistake was not trading for Al, but could it have been managment choosing to build with Williams and deciding Boozer was going to leave.

Given the circumstances I don't believe the Jazz had much of a choice. Williams was still under contract, Boozer was a FA and the Jazz were going broke. But Sloan was very vocal about his support for Boozer and his desire to keep Boozer on the team.

I am speculating here, Deron is an abbrasive guy, maybe Milsap signed a front loaded toxic offer to get away, maybe Boozer wanted to get away too.
    Virtue lies in the struggle, not in the prize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I know the reason why Millsap signed that front loaded offer was because that is the offer sheet Portland offered him a few years back, and Utah had to match it. Portland front loaded it trying to get us to overspend or lose Millsap. They did the same thing with Wes Matthews