Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Thread: New Corvette.

  1. #16
    world's worst Bronco70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the backseat
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12416
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've hated most of the throw backs but this one is pretty bad ass, off the cuff.
    Would you consider this retro styling? To me it looks like the hacks at Chevy have a rager for last decade's European styling cues (married with Camaro's quarters.)

    This is a solid "meh..."

    If they want to make an impression, they need to throw back to the '63 split window. Now THAT was bad ass...

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,039
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48540
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as those body features serve a functional purpose it's pretty cool. If they just added fake vents and **** for looks then it completely cheapens the whole thing in my opinion.
    Would it help if they made the faux vents metal? Titanium maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would you consider this retro styling? To me it looks like the hacks at Chevy have a rager for last decade's European styling cues (married with Camaro's quarters.)

    This is a solid "meh..."

    If they want to make an impression, they need to throw back to the '63 split window. Now THAT was bad ass...
    I don't really know. I've built mustangs and haven't fell in love with any of the new ones....hated them all at first and had to grow to like only one model (99-04). Still don't appreciate the new Camaro. The only throwback I think is worth looking at is the Challenger. The Charger is fine but I don't see how it's considered a throwback.

    They're calling it a throwback and I liked the car at first glance. Vets have been the only US staple outside 4x4 that has impressed for the last 20 years. I can't remember a Vet model I didn't absolutely love. This one picture seems to keep that strong tradition rolling along, retro aside.

    But hey, what if they put shotgun windows into one of these things huh?


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  4. #18
    In pursuit of #9 Dr. Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    62,112
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    96720
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Scat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can you say mid-life crisis?
    No .. I'm always cool with where I'm at in life ..

    having said that .. I'd still be okay with it.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

  5. #19
    Senior Member Monte666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    201
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    181
    Rep Adjustment Power
    22
    New vette = badass

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  6. #20
    Fire Controlman
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Underway
    Posts
    17,662
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    33236
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would it help if they made the faux vents metal? Titanium maybe?
    No. I don't think a high end car needs any fake **** on it. If it's not there to serve some purpose but looks like an air scoop or heat vent or whatever but it's actually blocked off then it shouldn't be there. That's completely lame.

  7. #21
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    33,145
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52854
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Is it goes fast?
    Make jazzfanz UGLI Again

  8. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    MDB
    Posts
    718
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    812
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Not enough of a retro look for me. I preferred the boxy body-styles of mid-80s super cars, like this one


  9. #23
    world's worst Bronco70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the backseat
    Posts
    5,071
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    12416
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only throwback I think is worth looking at is the Challenger.
    By far the best of the retro crowd.

  10. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,039
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48540
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. I don't think a high end car needs any fake **** on it. If it's not there to serve some purpose but looks like an air scoop or heat vent or whatever but it's actually blocked off then it shouldn't be there. That's completely lame.
    Ya, sorry, just my bad humor. I hate faux intakes. Make 'em real or gtfo.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us