Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Watching BYU is like watching the kings. No structure to their offense and a talented idiotic big man in the middle. Haws= Evans. He chucks and chucks and does little else to help his team. Carlino= Thomas, quick talented guard who never gets anyone else involved. Cousins=Davies, talented, stupid, rarely plays because of dumb fouls and emotions.

No offensive structure. BYU is at its best when the stars are benched and Cusick, zylstea, and kaufusi move the rock around and actually attempt to run an offense.
    Get Educated

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Punch Bowl Re-Filler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I don't think BYU was supposed to dominate the WCC. Gonzaga has been a solid tournament team for nearly two decades, with a 17-15 NCAA tournament record. Loyola has had some good years, as had USF. St. Mary's has really upped their program as of late. BYU will likely win 20 games again. They'll miss the NCAA tournament, but nearly every university has "down" seasons, unless we'e talking about the Dukes of the world. Yes, it's a disappointing season. But it's not like they're sitting at 10-13 and last in their league. Look back over the records of ANY of BYU's most succesful coaches: Stan Watts, Frank Armold, Ladell Anderson, Roger Reid, Steve Cleveland, and you'll see "down" years or outright collapses for all of them. Rose has had seven consecutive 20-win seasons (and likely 8). IINM, he had a pretty good recruiting year but most are going on missions. If his health holds, I think his job is and SHOULD be pretty safe. Certainly, there's always a danger of burnout as happend with his predecessors in Reid and Cleveland. But I don't see that right now. What I see is a tem coming off a tough loss at USD that likely cost them a shot at the NCAA's. And then they go absolutely ice cold in the 2nd half vs. USF. But they're still a respectable 18-8. In terms of winning %, he's been the best coach BYU has ever had!
    Last edited by Stifle Tower; 02-11-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    11-2 with their only conference loss against Utah St.

Despite what the haters say, San Jose St was very respectable.

BYU had one really bad loss, it was against that team up north playing with their backup RB and without their #1 offensive weapon. there just weren't many Div I teams Utah could have beaten without White playing. They received a few gifts at the end of the game and still couldn't cash in. Utah sucked last year and yet still beat BYU. Embarrassing. If BYU couldn't beat Utah last year then I'm afraid to say they never will.

That, and the Boise St. game where just a few offensive yards would have won it. Boise St. sucked at that time.
    You said "nationally recognized and respected teams" (or something like that). One good year does not make a nationally recognized and respected team. San Jose State will now go back to the joke they are.
    ​Gobert or go home

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Just hired Jason Beck as QB coach and Guy Holliday as WR coach. Anyone know much about them?

Here's a news article:
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-coaches.html
    "Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant." --Matthew 20:25-27

:-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Looks good to me. Whoever is making the hiring decisions at this point has clearly decided that experience is more important than looking for that playcalling prodigy of the future that BYU and Utah got themselves caught up in the past few years. Now you have a former head coach as O-Line coach and two former Offensive coordinators as QB coach and WRs coach to add to the cumulative offensive brainpower.