Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    Senior Member Purch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    455
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    364
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Wait I'm confused. So do Jazz fans want Kanter to start or not? All these Gasol trades don't make sense, considering Jazz fans dedication to the youth core. Especilly considering Gasol has shown his dislike for coming off the bench.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #22
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    10684
    Rep Adjustment Power
    64
    Calderon is this decade's Morris Peterson.

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    733
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Jefferson & Bell for Gasol would be a steal for the Jazz

  5. #24
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    10684
    Rep Adjustment Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jefferson & Bell for Gasol would be a steal for the Jazz
    of course it will never happen - The Lakers are a big market team. They only make win now moves. Jefferson is not a win now move.

  6. #25
    Senior Member Thee jazz fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16,123
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13310
    Rep Adjustment Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by orangello View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Most of this. Pau=No more Al!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenielsen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It needs to make sense for both sides...Here's my take:

    https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a598waj

    So the Jazz trade Jefferson, Bell, and Watson for Calderon and Bargnani and his 3 years left on contract.
    Jazz do this to get something for Jefferson. Toronto does this to get out of Bargnani's contract.

    https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ac52caa

    So the Jazz trade Millsap and Marvin Williams for Gasol.
    Jazz do this to get something for Millsap and while Gasol's value is low. LA does this to get a couple more pieces that fit better around Howard and Kobe.

    With Gasol and Calderon together, I think they renew some chemistry from the Spanish National team and play better together.
    Start Favors with Gasol and bring Bargnani off the bench.

    I think Calderon could play along side Mo Williams when he comes back.
    Quote Originally Posted by bovice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bargnani is garbage, I wouldn't consider him as 'getting something' for Al Jefferson
    Agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Explain why you think that??? Cuz I see the opposite!!
    This is in response to the posts above.

    Why not develop both Kanter and Favors at the same rate. We could have two young studs anchoring the front court for years building a great chemistry and championship attitude. Bringing in Pau could hurt Kanter's psyche. Kanter may start to wonder if and when he will get his shot at being a starter on this team. We didn't draft him third overall to sit him behind Al and then some other dude we trade Al for.

    I say trade for a wing or pg, and give Kanter and Favors grow up together. They're young and could dominate for years to come in a jazz uni.
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Calderon is this decade's Morris Peterson.
    nlost so much respect for your b-ball knowledge with this absurd statement.

  7. #26
    Senior Member candrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,703
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    10684
    Rep Adjustment Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Thee jazz fan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    nlost so much respect for your b-ball knowledge with this absurd statement.
    You didn't get it. Peterson was on the trading block in Toronto for years - just like Calderon. And yet The Raptors never pulled the trigger on a deal for Peterson - probably because they are asking for too much. Just like Calderon.

    Peterson was never traded, signed a fairly good FA deal with another team and then performed terribly - most likely just like Calderon will.

  8. #27
    Senior Member Zulu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The STG
    Posts
    10,260
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    28755
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Thee Jazz Fan.....

    Honestly i don't think Kanter is ready to start but if we had Pau, Favors and Kanter as our Three headed monster that works out to roughly 30+ minutes for Favors and Pau and Kanter gets about 25+ minutes. Do this for the rest of the season and if kanter looks ready to start look to trade Pau during the draft or the offseason or just Keep Pau for his last year, maybe look at trades during the trade deadline, Then Pau comes off the books and we have money for Hayward and Favors. All of this and we will still have a competitive team.

  9. #28
    Senior Member bovice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    697
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    911
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    of course it will never happen - The Lakers are a big market team. They only make win now moves. Jefferson is not a win now move.
    I disagree. Lakers brass must know this season is a lost cause. Even if they get into the playoffs, they'll lose to clippers/okc/spurs in the first round. Gasol is obviously declining, so they would do it just to dump salary.

    Look at the grizzlies today, they gave up a 1st just to dump speights/selby/ellington.

  10. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    791
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    733
    Rep Adjustment Power
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by candrew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    of course it will never happen - The Lakers are a big market team. They only make win now moves. Jefferson is not a win now move.
    Does potentially save them some $ next year if they don't resign Jefferson.

  11. #30
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does potentially save them some $ next year if they don't resign Jefferson.
    True and by the trade deadline, the Lakers will know whether they're contenders or not.
    It's pretty likely they're not but there's still an offchance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us