Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JJAS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Slippery Slope fallacy with Hayward, whose minutes have gone down by nearly 15% and who now is coming off the bench. All this despite the fact that he is a close second in points/36. Basically all of our young players are at the same or under last years minutes. And the argument that they are not perfect is contradictory and circular. Ultimately, I don't want to assert I know what Corbin is thinking. His comments and his history make one wonder. However, to assert that Ty has no qualms about playing young players seems outlandish at best. He plays Hayward a heaping 26 minutes a game (highest PER among guards, 3rd best simple rating among all players, only player who gets significant minutes with a positive +/- on the season, one of our most dynamic scorers/players), and so any argument that claims Corbin might be afraid to play young players is negated? Ty plays Hayward mainly because he has no other options. His drop in playing time is indicative of this.
    repped

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Slippery Slope fallacy with Hayward, whose minutes have gone down by nearly 15% and who now is coming off the bench. All this despite the fact that he is a close second in points/36. Basically all of our young players are at the same or under last years minutes. And the argument that they are not perfect is contradictory and circular. Ultimately, I don't want to assert I know what Corbin is thinking. His comments and his history make one wonder. However, to assert that Ty has no qualms about playing young players seems outlandish at best. He plays Hayward a heaping 26 minutes a game (highest PER among guards, 3rd best simple rating among all players, only player who gets significant minutes with a positive +/- on the season, one of our most dynamic scorers/players), and so any argument that claims Corbin might be afraid to play young players is negated? Ty plays Hayward mainly because he has no other options. His drop in playing time is indicative of this.

Here's a question for you Mr. JJAS: How has Hayward's play been since he's come off the bench??

What you fail to understand is that Hayward has been getting more playing time than nearly every wing, and 0.3 minutes less than Foye (who's #1) despite coming off of the bench. The "should Hayward come off the bench?" experiment has clearly been a success, and I simply cannot fathom why anyone is against it at this point in time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Here's a question for you Mr. JJAS: How has Hayward's play been since he's come off the bench??

What you fail to understand is that Hayward has been getting more playing time than nearly every wing, and 0.3 minutes less than Foye (who's #1) despite coming off of the bench. The "should Hayward come off the bench?" experiment has clearly been a success, and I simply cannot fathom why anyone is against it at this point in time.
    Thanks for correcting my failure, Alt. Your Red Herring argument tries to dazzle me with Hayward's minutes with respect to the other players but remains rather laconic with respect to his overall minute decline. I am happy with Hayward off the bench right now, but to the original point, there is not a single young player as a starter.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks for correcting my failure, Alt. Your Red Herring argument tries to dazzle me with Hayward's minutes with respect to the other players but remains rather laconic with respect to his overall minute decline. I am happy with Hayward off the bench right now, but to the original point, there is not a single young player as a starter.
    Does it really matter though? Gordon has been finishing games 9/10 times. Marvin gets to 'start', and we all see how meaningful it is (hint: it isn't)

-George

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Shouldn't you be blogginz at mattcorbinz4thyearlol.com?
    Weben Ra em Achet!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I'm pretty sure most coaches in the NBA who were pro's had similar NBA experience. A lot of coaches prefer veterans to younger players, it's nothing out of the ordinary.
    Shovel your way out of the s***

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by akirac73 View Post
    Agreed...very interesting stuff.

Former NBA "Journeyman-type" players that became great head coaches?...Phil Jackson and Pat Riley. As head coaches, both didn't have a problem playing the young "hot-shot" on their respective teams...I guess that's why they have fistfuls of championship rings and the closest Corbin will ever get to one is if he shakes their hand.
    Phil Jackson played young hot shoots? Really? The Lakers rarely got and developed young players from the ground up. It took Bynum 5 years to get to 30 mpg. Jackson didn't start coaching until Kobe's 4th year, so he was already a pretty established player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Does it really matter though? Gordon has been finishing games 9/10 times. Marvin gets to 'start', and we all see how meaningful it is (hint: it isn't)

-George
    I love how you're maneuvering through Jazzfanz seamlessly with your new sig, which happens to have UGLI and PKM in the quote. You guys have become fast friends. It's almost like you've been here for years. By the way, I'm still waiting for any scrap of evidence that Corbin is progressively giving the youth more time on the court. I don't know why he would or wouldn't, that is, I can't read his mind, but as far as actual real time is concerned, he hasn't.

Big Momma is waiting:

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I love how you're maneuvering through Jazzfanz seamlessly with your new sig, which happens to have UGLI and PKM in the quote. You guys have become fast friends. It's almost like you've been here for years. By the way, I'm still waiting for any scrap of evidence that Corbin is progressively giving the youth more time on the court. I don't know why he would or wouldn't, that is, I can't read his mind, but as far as actual real time is concerned, he hasn't.

Big Momma is waiting:
    He is doing what he thinks will win games. I'm pretty sure that all he cares about because wins = job security. The Jazz team as a whole has pretty heavy minute distribution. Our leader in minutes only gets 33 (Al). His minutes are down from years past on the Jazz because the Jazz have an incredible amount of depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    This is a perfect article for the anti-Ty crowd.

See, Ty hates talented players. He hates them because back in the day he was demoted and traded to make room for players more talented than himself. Only now, after years and years of assistant coaching has his revenge finally been within his grasp: to fool a franchise into acquiring an unusually large pool of very young talent in order to persecute and belittle them. Ah, who can imagine the sadistic delight Ty hides behind that tiny mustache while he maintains the hideous illusions of chemistry, team goals and structure?

One can only shudder to contemplate.
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes