Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 291
  1. #261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,084
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read my earlier post. The bench blew the lead last night, but since that doesn't fit certain agendas it's time to change the facts. Same thing with the Miami game. It's ridiculous.

    This is the NBA, teams will make runs. It's not like the bench sucks and they deserve to be crucified for inconsistency, and if everybody was a vet (or everybody was on rook contracts) we would still blow leads from time to time. I'm not trying to be down on the young guys. But making up stuff isn't a very good way to make a point.
    Doesn't matter what actually happens when you have blinders on. Most the malcontents were Fire Sloan before they shifted into a Fire Ty crowd, and were Free CJ before they were Free Burks. People with no basketball knowledge have delusions of grandeur in thinking the Jazz would be a fourth seed or better without Corbin. They probably also think they're highway engineers and the folks building bridges should be replaced by the next group, who should be fired too.

    A few on here don't like things about Corbin for valid theoretical preferences, but they're few and far between.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #262
    Senior Member Brown Notes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,367
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1333
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The run was started with the core starters in the game. The bench continued it for sure, but they were cold from Ty's dumbass substitution patterns.
    Hard for me to swallow the notion that bench players need to warm up to have a positive impact. I'm also pretty sure that there wasn't much deviation from Ty's regular 3rd quarter rotations. Blaming the early 4th quarter on something that happened or didn't in the 2nd doesn't make any sense either.

    The 3rd was pretty much a wash overall, the starters gained 1 point after going up and down a bit. Tinsley had a couple uncharacteristic turnovers late, I assume that's what you mean by the starters letting them back in it. When Watson and Burks came in Utah was up 17.

    I guess I'm having a difficult time getting your point. All I can get out of what you're saying is "Ty is a dumbass, therefore so are all his substitutions."
    "I'm a moron for thinking the Browns could even sniff 10 wins in a division where the other three teams (two of whom almost always make the playoffs) made the post-season last year. Gyp Rosetti's thee God of football knowledge." - Brown Notes

  4. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    796
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    391
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard for me to swallow the notion that bench players need to warm up to have a positive impact.
    That's not the point. The issue is this: Does someone play better when they are cold, or warmed up?

  5. #264
    Senior Member LunaticWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,109
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    525
    Rep Adjustment Power
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreFeasts View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not the point. The issue is this: Does someone play better when they are cold, or warmed up?
    Such a cop out.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

  6. #265
    Senior Member Ellipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3567
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hard for me to swallow the notion that bench players need to warm up to have a positive impact. I'm also pretty sure that there wasn't much deviation from Ty's regular 3rd quarter rotations. Blaming the early 4th quarter on something that happened or didn't in the 2nd doesn't make any sense either.

    The 3rd was pretty much a wash overall, the starters gained 1 point after going up and down a bit. Tinsley had a couple uncharacteristic turnovers late, I assume that's what you mean by the starters letting them back in it. When Watson and Burks came in Utah was up 17.

    I guess I'm having a difficult time getting your point. All I can get out of what you're saying is "Ty is a dumbass, therefore so are all his substitutions."
    Ty is a dumbass. Burks and Watson are a disaster in the backcourt; Burks and Tinsley or Burks and Foye seem to work very well. And it wasn't Kanter who was responsible for the 20-2 run by the Wizards, since none of the wings even let him touch the ball. Ty needed to sub to kill the bleeding and pulling Watson was needed. I don't even mind him pulling Burks or Favors, but Kanter was playing a much better game than Al and he should have got at least 5 more minutes of playing time.



    Corbin's Mind -- Where panic happens.

  7. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It isn't true, Nate and Candrew are completely fabricating the nature of the Wiz's late run. What really happened was the bench had a sloppy stretch in the 4th and the Wizards made a nice run out of it.

    Corbin brought the starters back in minus Marvin, they settled down and sealed the game.
    Thanks, I figured as much.

  8. #267
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    7,278
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16522
    Rep Adjustment Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown Notes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Read my earlier post. The bench blew the lead last night, but since that doesn't fit certain agendas it's time to change the facts.
    They also built the lead in the second. Take a look at the +/- for the game. On a per minute basis, the bench and starters were about even.

    For the season, however, the Jazz bench outscores their opponents, while Jazz starters are outscored by their opponents.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  9. #268
    Senior Member Zombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    920
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1244
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    This board suffers from Corbin Derangement Syndrome. If you take a realistic look at our roster compared to other Western conference teams we are right about where we should be, and trending upwards. I'm not saying there's not room for improvement, but for christ's sake people get a grip.
    Hate You Can Trust

  10. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This board suffers from Corbin Derangement Syndrome. If you take a realistic look at our roster compared to other Western conference teams we are right about where we should be, and trending upwards. I'm not saying there's not room for improvement, but for christ's sake people get a grip.
    I'm a Corbin hater and can agree with this to a degree but when the King of all Morons sits Favors in favor of Jefferson on a clear defensive possession, up one, with under five seconds left in a game, multiple times, there's a major problem. The plane has crashed into the mountain and Corbin was asleep at the ****ing helm.

  11. #270
    Senior Member Ellipse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3567
    Rep Adjustment Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This board suffers from Corbin Derangement Syndrome. If you take a realistic look at our roster compared to other Western conference teams we are right about where we should be, and trending upwards. I'm not saying there's not room for improvement, but for christ's sake people get a grip.
    So when the bench hits the floor for the first time in the game, the score was tied. Eight minutes later the Jazz are up 15 and rolling, then Corbin -- for no damn reason other than 'just cuz' puts the starters back in to finish the half, and the starters take a -1 +/- into the locker room at the half. But you go ahead and sing the praise of Tyrone Corbin; sing it long and loud and maybe some of us will ignore what we see and believe what we hear.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us