Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35

Thread: What would it take to get Lowry?

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    bros, what if KOC came to u and said he would trade/sign ANY player u wanted, but u must 1st let him **** ur significant other and let him jazz on his/her face? would u do it? if u dont have a significant other, it has to be whoever ur closest to, sister/brother/mother/etc. discuss.

  2. #17
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    7,233
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16404
    Rep Adjustment Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Because he's being a bitch and wore out his welcome. Mo for salary and the worst of our pick and GSW does it.
    He's playing hard and effectively off the bench, and is signed at a very reasonable amount through next season. Dude's arguably the Raps best player. If the Raps trade him, they'll be looking for value. If they don't get it, they wait until the offseason, see what happens with Calderon, and then decide on Lowry. Colangelo is a ****ing moron, but still.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  3. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    ban tower
    Posts
    4,376
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    0
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    bros im pretty sure it would require taking back bargs and/or fields, at least, as a starting point.

  4. #19
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Offseason
    Posts
    13,538
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    49745
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I think the Raptors can keep their pick and not send it to OKC if it's top 3. The Raptors are gearing up for a big tank job if they're thinking about trading Lowry.

  5. #20
    Senior Member Saint Cy of JFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    50,659
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48315
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Crazy happens in the NBA. Memphis traded away two rotation players and a prospect for a guy who had already been traded once and couldn't make the Cav's roster---and they paid the Cav's a lottery pick to do it!

    Economics is driving the NBA as much as competition.
    Since when has Memphis doing a salary dump been crazy? It's what they do.
    ////////\\\\\\\\\
    ////////\\\\\\\\\

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,955
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2844
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    A healthy Mo Williams is about equal to Kyle Lowry on the court and about 100% better than him off the court. Toronto gave up a likely lottery pick for Lowry and he is already worn out his welcome in Toronto and been replaced by Calderon, a free Agent who they have been trying to replace/trade for 3 seasons. Now, Calderon a very tradeable asset will stay the rest of this season and maybe re-signed. Lowry is of no benefit to Utah, especially if it means give up Millsap or Burks, and unless Utah wants a locker room cancer.

  7. #22
    Senior Member The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fresh out the county
    Posts
    4,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    15781
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey32 View Post
    A healthy Mo Williams is about equal to Kyle Lowry on the court and about 100% better than him off the court. Toronto gave up a likely lottery pick for Lowry and he is already worn out his welcome in Toronto and been replaced by Calderon, a free Agent who they have been trying to replace/trade for 3 seasons. Now, Calderon a very tradeable asset will stay the rest of this season and maybe re-signed. Lowry is of no benefit to Utah, especially if it means give up Millsap or Burks, and unless Utah wants a locker room cancer.
    But don't he have no jailhouse tats?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    I could eat a peach for hours.


  8. #23
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    7,233
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16404
    Rep Adjustment Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey32 View Post
    A healthy Mo Williams is about equal to Kyle Lowry on the court
    no, not really.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  9. #24
    Senior Member NUMBERICA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,764
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19836
    Rep Adjustment Power
    92
    I can't help but wonder how Bargnani might be as your 3rd big/scoring punch off the bench (interesting skillset for a big, defensive issues would be largely mitigated)...

    *shrug*

    I'm not horny for him, but this is about potentially getting an upgrade at the Jazz's greatest position of need. And, hey, the Jazz have cap space.
    Mark Cuban is a ****ing sociopath.

  10. #25
    Senior Member GVC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    I'm jus' one dem guys...come, scrap, blue collar, junkyard dog
    Posts
    7,233
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    16404
    Rep Adjustment Power
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by NUMBERICA View Post
    I can't help but wonder how Bargnani might be as your 3rd big/scoring punch off the bench (interesting skillset for a big, defensive issues would be largely mitigated)...

    *shrug*

    I'm not horny for him, but this is about potentially getting an upgrade at the Jazz's greatest position of need. And, hey, the Jazz have cap space.
    They'll have to take Marvin back.

    Also, Toronto doesn't have to add value to dump Bargnani. They can amnesty him this summer if necessary.
    http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=133&dateline=1317382587

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    16,328
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    46614
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by GVC View Post
    He's playing hard and effectively off the bench, and is signed at a very reasonable amount through next season. Dude's arguably the Raps best player. If the Raps trade him, they'll be looking for value. If they don't get it, they wait until the offseason, see what happens with Calderon, and then decide on Lowry. Colangelo is a ****ing moron, but still.
    So what would it take for the Jazz to get him? I'd start with those two [nearly useless] first round draft picks as an enticer. I'm no fan of 20ish draft picks being valued as high as they are by fans.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  12. #27
    Senior Member UGLI baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    гег
    Posts
    32,884
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    51848
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Lowry is a head case and always injured.

    He can put up huge numbers at times, but I think the book is out on him (headcase wise) and he could be had for less than what some of y'all are saying.
    #BringBackUGLI

  13. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,955
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2844
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    Lowry is probably going to Boston, now that Rondo is down. Celtics have some young, attractive pieces and solid, inexpensive veterans that could make sense for Toronto. Courtney Lee plus a pick could get it done.

  14. #29
    Senior Member mellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    On the verge
    Posts
    8,221
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    23278
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    ....and the Celtics want Lowry now.


    Why does everyone assume that KOC will try to acquire a PG? Mo should be bback for the playoffs, will be hitting his stride in the second round and won't be tired for the WCF series. I'm okay with waiting it out.
    The NBA, where the Championship Trophy is awarded in June, but won in July.

  15. #30
    First BF League CHAMP nightmare3983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Offseason
    Posts
    13,538
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    49745
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    Lowry is a head case and always injured.

    He can put up huge numbers at times, but I think the book is out on him (headcase wise) and he could be had for less than what some of y'all are saying.
    I think this goes along with my thought that the Raptors are going to try to tank to try and make sure their pick is top 3 so they can keep it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us