Shop Utah Jazz Gear at Fanatics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55
  1. #46
    Senior Member CAKAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,081
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    5354
    Rep Adjustment Power
    33
    After the last games we all have to accept, that there is a player who should be tradet according to his weak achievement. It´will be hard but , it´s for our future.... I have accepted that our only chance is on trading him...

    What do you think guys ? Which player can we get for trading Millsap ?
    Quote Originally Posted by CAKAR View Post
    Al is soft ? he is just a nice guy. Sometimes he avoids contact, just to protect other players from his strength. He is a player, who cares for other players. Trust me dude, they say BIG-AL breaks the neck of a bull, just with his pure hands.
    Why they call him BIG-AL, think of it

  2. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,955
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2844
    Rep Adjustment Power
    30
    I was at the game last night, so not sure if they cut to this during the timeout. During one defensive possession Kanter had a mental lapse and was too focused on Dwight Howard and not focused at all on the play. Utah as a team, including Kanter, was playing good defense on the possession and the Lakers missed a jump shot. Because Kaneter was too focused on Howard, Kanter missed an easy defensive rebound and the Lakers got it back and got a second chance two. A timeout was immediately called and Coach Ty was letting Kanter have it as he walked to the bench. Kanter didn't come back in, except for garbage time. What I found interesting was that it was definitely a blown play by Kanter (as the ball was right by him and he didn't even move for the rebound), but he shouldn't have been benched for it. Jefferson and Millsap blow defensive plays all the time, but keep playing. I think Kanter learned him lesson and should have kept playing, especially against the Lakers, a team he has proven to have good success against.

  3. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey32 View Post
    I was at the game last night, so not sure if they cut to this during the timeout. During one defensive possession Kanter had a mental lapse and was too focused on Dwight Howard and not focused at all on the play. Utah as a team, including Kanter, was playing good defense on the possession and the Lakers missed a jump shot. Because Kaneter was too focused on Howard, Kanter missed an easy defensive rebound and the Lakers got it back and got a second chance two. A timeout was immediately called and Coach Ty was letting Kanter have it as he walked to the bench. Kanter didn't come back in, except for garbage time. What I found interesting was that it was definitely a blown play by Kanter (as the ball was right by him and he didn't even move for the rebound), but he shouldn't have been benched for it. Jefferson and Millsap blow defensive plays all the time, but keep playing. I think Kanter learned him lesson and should have kept playing, especially against the Lakers, a team he has proven to have good success against.
    funny. i recall jefferson messing up a gazzilion rebounds to dwight howard, yet jeffersuck still got 30+minutes

  4. #49
    Senior Member dipship31's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,032
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4244
    Rep Adjustment Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    funny. i recall jefferson messing up a gazzilion rebounds to dwight howard, yet jeffersuck still got 30+minutes
    This x 1000000. My laptop just about went into the TV after the 5th or so rebound Al let Dwight get where he had better position.

  5. #50
    Senior Member berkkobe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Türkiye
    Posts
    919
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2757
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    I want to diss jefferdad and millsap like tupac did at hit em up
    Andrew Wiggins = Travis Outlaw da GAWD

  6. #51
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    10,294
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    18090
    Rep Adjustment Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    funny. i recall jefferson messing up a gazzilion rebounds to dwight howard, yet jeffersuck still got 30+minutes

    Not to mention all the times he's watched people role into the lane with zero resistance.

    Corbin needs to either get on everyone for their mistakes, or leave everyone alone. Picking on certain players is of weak character.
    "les grandes défaites forgent les grands hommes" - Rudy Gobert

  7. #52
    Senior Member themanknownassting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,075
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1173
    Rep Adjustment Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey32 View Post
    I was at the game last night, so not sure if they cut to this during the timeout. During one defensive possession Kanter had a mental lapse and was too focused on Dwight Howard and not focused at all on the play. Utah as a team, including Kanter, was playing good defense on the possession and the Lakers missed a jump shot. Because Kaneter was too focused on Howard, Kanter missed an easy defensive rebound and the Lakers got it back and got a second chance two. A timeout was immediately called and Coach Ty was letting Kanter have it as he walked to the bench. Kanter didn't come back in, except for garbage time. What I found interesting was that it was definitely a blown play by Kanter (as the ball was right by him and he didn't even move for the rebound), but he shouldn't have been benched for it. Jefferson and Millsap blow defensive plays all the time, but keep playing. I think Kanter learned him lesson and should have kept playing, especially against the Lakers, a team he has proven to have good success against.
    That's the one thing that scares me about Kanter is his mental game. Is he the type that gets knocked out of his game when he's angry or frustrated? Karl Malone used to have people get in his face and try to get into his head but he knew it would take him out of his game. I don't agree with benching Kanter for it. But I hope that this trend doesn't continue.


  8. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,255
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    929
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey32 View Post
    I was at the game last night, so not sure if they cut to this during the timeout. During one defensive possession Kanter had a mental lapse and was too focused on Dwight Howard and not focused at all on the play. Utah as a team, including Kanter, was playing good defense on the possession and the Lakers missed a jump shot. Because Kaneter was too focused on Howard, Kanter missed an easy defensive rebound and the Lakers got it back and got a second chance two. A timeout was immediately called and Coach Ty was letting Kanter have it as he walked to the bench. Kanter didn't come back in, except for garbage time. What I found interesting was that it was definitely a blown play by Kanter (as the ball was right by him and he didn't even move for the rebound), but he shouldn't have been benched for it. Jefferson and Millsap blow defensive plays all the time, but keep playing. I think Kanter learned him lesson and should have kept playing, especially against the Lakers, a team he has proven to have good success against.
    Corbin the Cowardly Coach only has the balls to punish the younger players.

  9. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7119
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by themanknownassting View Post
    That's the one thing that scares me about Kanter is his mental game. Is he the type that gets knocked out of his game when he's angry or frustrated? Karl Malone used to have people get in his face and try to get into his head but he knew it would take him out of his game. I don't agree with benching Kanter for it. But I hope that this trend doesn't continue.
    his mental game is only screwed with by the coach.
    when it comes to opponents he is tough, and not scared.
    he fights for his teammates.

  10. #55
    Senior Member addictionary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,483
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    32009
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    his mental game is only screwed with by the coach.
    when it comes to opponents he is tough, and not scared.
    he fights for his teammates.
    That is not fully true as a matter of fact. Nobody should worry about Enes being psyched-out because he bumped into a hard opposition, or sucked at some positions. And he does not play bad at all when he is frustrated, angry, furious. He plays like he is in an adrenaline rush. I wish we could use something to keep him angry so he could fight until his last drop of blood-sweat.

    The only problem with his mental game is his lack of experience. He plays his limited minutes as being extremely worried about not making a mistake in any point, hence leading him to trying to control himself as his body, his legs and his arms are an external control unit he is trying to operate. I believe if his coach trusts him enough and gives him say 20-25 minutes per game in the rotation, he will be most satisfyingly effective in every aspect of the game, offense being the climax of it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us