Page 7 of 143 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I would do this trade in a second.
    Jazz get rid of three duds in one trade.
    Highly doubt Raps or Grizz agree to it though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    That's a good trade. I don't know if Toronto is willing to let go of Ed Davis though, and I think Memphis overvalues Gay too much to agree to that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLI baby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    These GMs are so baaad at keeping their deals quiet. Now the whole league knows the market is soft for Calderon.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by stockcillo12 View Post
    That makes some sense for the Grizzlies. They get a SF and a back-up big to replace Speights.

Deal is okay for Toronto. Maybe someone throws us a 2nd round pick for helping them do their deal.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Griz wouldn't want to take on Marv next year.
    Make jazzfanz UGLI Again

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Grizz have home court advantage. They don't overvalue Gay as much; it's more of getting something back that doesn't tell fans they blew up a team who beat the #1 seed a couple years ago. They already let Mayo walk for NOTHING (hello summer cap space).

Put some respeck in my paycheck

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Grizz have home court advantage. They don't overvalue Gay as much; it's more of getting something back that doesn't tell fans they blew up a team who beat the #1 seed a couple years ago. They already let Mayo walk for NOTHING (hello summer cap space).
    I agree, giving away Gay for peanuts would make Calhoun...

ALL IN FOR SEMI OJELEYE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I can think of a lot of worse things than the best available stop gap at worst.
    "Adversity is opportunity in disguise."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I wouldn't mind that trade. It clears a lot of roster spots for next year. I personally do not want the Jazz to make the play offs because if they do I fear that this organization will continue trying to piece together this team with vets just to make the playoffs. The Jazz need to fail so they have to reexamine the direction this franchise is going.

I am ready to trade both Millsap and AJ. I would only keep Millsap if he is willing to come off the bench and take a reasonable contract. However, it is time to see what Favors and Kanter can bring to the table. The Jazz need to know what they have with all their young players. I do not care how many games the Jazz win/lose the next couple of years because under the current direction the Jazz will remain a mediocre team. In my opinion if the front office doesn't wake up they are going to miss an opportunity to be a real contender. I hope they realize this and do the right thing instead of continuing with the band-aid approach to building the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Yahoo article on the Grizz, Raptors potential trade...

Grizzlies, Raptors looking for third team to facilitate Rudy Gay trade

The final hurdle for the salary dump of Memphis Grizzlies forward Rudy Gay to the Toronto Raptors hinges on finding a third team to absorb the expiring contract of Raptors guard Jose Calderon, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Rudy Gay is averaging 17.2 points and 5.9 boards this season. (USA Today Sports)
    The Grizzlies have inquired with multiple teams over the past several days, searching for a willing partner to facilitate a three-team deal, sources said.

Despite organizational proclamations to the contrary, new Memphis ownership and management is determined to unload Gay and the $37 million owed him as soon as possible, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Calderon has a $10.5 million expiring contract.

"With so many quality point guards, they're struggling to find a spot for Calderon," one league general manager told Yahoo! Sports.

Preferably, the Grizzlies want a less expensive small forward to plug into the lineup for Gay, sources said. Memphis has been relentless in shopping Gay over the past several weeks.

In a proposed deal, Memphis would likely receive another young Raptors player and a future draft pick, sources said. The Grizzlies have unsuccessfully tried to pry Raptors rookie Terrence Ross as part of the deal, sources said. Toronto has deemed Ross untouchable in these talks.

Recently, the Grizzlies' front office dumped three contracts and a first-round pick – including Mareese Speights, Wayne Ellington and Josh Shelby – onto the Cleveland Cavaliers to get under the luxury-tax threshold.

At 29-15, the Grizzlies are currently the fourth seed in the Western Conference playoff race. Beyond Gay, the Grizzlies have nearly $65 million in contracts locked into forward Zach Randolph and center Marc Gasol through the 2014-15 season. They are determined to lessen luxury-tax implications of holding onto three significant contracts.