Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 202
  1. #151
    Moderator Revolution 9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Posts
    11,437
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19445
    Rep Adjustment Power
    94
    the list continues to shrink
    "les grandes défaites forgent les grands hommes" - Rudy Gobert

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh and it just hit me think it was Rev9 who said or was talking about Indi's coach. You don't think part of the reason George is playing more is at least partly due to the injury to Granger? Oh and despite him being so much better of a coach he only has 2-3 more wins this season playing against Leastern conference teams and having a max money guy on his team.
    Before you say yes but Granger is out see the Paul George playing time argument as well as they are deep at that position and could adjust easier mean while for the Jazz their thinnest position PG had Mo Williams hurt and if you don't think that playing more Watson and Tinsley affects the Jazz winning or losing I do not know what to say.
    Does that excuse Corbin's end of game decision-making or lack thereof? No. Get your head out of your ass.

  4. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,091
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution 9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the list continues to shrink
    Doesn't mean much coming from the guy who was the most vocal about firing Sloan.


    Corbin is an excellent development coach for these young guys & Corbin seems to compliment him very well.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  5. #154
    Senior Member Sneakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2757
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Doesn't mean much coming from the guy who was the most vocal about firing Sloan.


    Corbin is an excellent development coach for these young guys & Corbin seems to compliment him very well.
    Corbin wasn't even remotely interested in developing Burks until injuries forced his hand.

  6. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    3,240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3775
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Corbin wasn't even remotely interested in developing Burks until injuries forced his hand.
    Getting PT in games isn't the only way to develop, I doubt he was just ignoring Burks all year. Hell maybe he developed him so well that he is now playing well?

  7. #156
    Senior Member //r00t 4 Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2917
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    I am not saying that Corbin doesn't make mistakes and doesn't piss me off every game (mainly due to substitutions) but then Sloan did as well. I guess the difference is I don't think Corbin has had a negative result in the wins or losses and the players/locker room are still behind him so he has to have some kind of positive relationship with the players.
    So as has been said in this or one of the many other fire Corbin threads, there are very few difference maker coaches (2 maybe 3 actively coaching) that actively play a role of their team getting multiple more wins than if just an average "also ran" coached the team.

    Then there is above average coaches that may get a few more wins then the average coach would hard to say how many but arguable there are 3 to 5 of these coaches and then there is the rest of the NBA coaches that are average coaches that don't really influence negative or positive and that's where I put Corbin. These coaches are often retreaded coaches that get passed a long from team to team as well. Difference being IMO is that Corbin is still young and learning so like any young player I am giving him time to learn and improve.
    Again none of the difference maker coaches are coming to Utah so I think trying to grow a coach is the best approach similar to players the best and almost only way Utah will get a AS level player is to draft and grow them.

  8. #157
    Senior Member Sneakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2757
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    So there's a twitter war going on now between competing Jazz blogs. Apparently people are claiming that Corbin criticism is due to race / racism, and not actual coaching. The guy could be Albino for all I care and I would not like what he's doing with the vet treatment and the starting lineup - my two biggest complaints of him.

  9. #158
    Punch Bowl Re-Filler
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Enemy territory (Warrior land)
    Posts
    20,834
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    39897
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by //r00t 4 Jazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am not saying that Corbin doesn't make mistakes and doesn't piss me off every game (mainly due to substitutions) but then Sloan did as well. I guess the difference is I don't think Corbin has had a negative result in the wins or losses and the players/locker room are still behind him so he has to have some kind of positive relationship with the players.
    Perhaps. The Jazz have played without much energy too many times lately. To me, that seems like a coaching problem. There's very little player movement on offense; that's a coaching problem. And who can blame the players? Why run around and cut, trying to get open when you know the ball is just going inside to Jefferson. The only option is to try and free yourself up for offensive rebounds.

  10. #159
    Senior Member //r00t 4 Jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,117
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2917
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Perhaps. The Jazz have played without much energy too many times lately. To me, that seems like a coaching problem. There's very little player movement on offense; that's a coaching problem. And who can blame the players? Why run around and cut, trying to get open when you know the ball is just going inside to Jefferson. The only option is to try and free yourself up for offensive rebounds.
    I guess I could be naive and/or gullible that when Corbin mentions the team needs to move and cut more he really means it and is telling/coaching them to, however I do agree he could better control that situation by using minutes specifically taking them away if players don't.
    Although I could then see it working against the team and him if he has to make to many subs and nobody gets in any rhythm (people were complaining about that early in the season) and then players could get frustrated and then he could lose the locker room.

  11. #160
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20880
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So there's a twitter war going on now between competing Jazz blogs. Apparently people are claiming that Corbin criticism is due to race / racism, and not actual coaching. The guy could be Albino for all I care and I would not like what he's doing with the vet treatment and the starting lineup - my two biggest complaints of him.
    What blogs?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us