Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm going to refer to you, lunaticwolf, etc as the "separate but equal" crowd. Never question the status quo, the management. The Jazz are flawless and above any kind of scrutiny. They know what is best and are therefore not to be challenged in their decisions and way of thinking. lol
    Nah, I just don't pretend to act like this current incarnation is the final product of KOC/Lindsey's vision for the team. I'm willing to give them time because I trust that they know what they are doing.
    Shovel your way out of the s***

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    How about adding better pieces around Big Al making him a 3rd option on offense? Look at what no-defense Boozer is doing in Chicago. Look at Z-Bo. Both those guys suck ass defensively but their teams are contending. Why not Al put in a similar position? Jus sayin.

What the Jazz are capable of cap-wise is coming to a head this summer and we'll see what the front office has planned. Shipping Enes, Favors, Millsap (S&T) and/or Hayward could very well happen to get some solid wing scoring in here. Big Al with Favors and two star guards could do some damage, as long as Al is either the 2nd or 3rd option on offense.
    #Bakkthoscakks&piis

Late Stage Rebuilder BabyPeterzz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrone Torbin View Post
    Nah, I just don't pretend to act like this current incarnation is the final product of KOC/Lindsey's vision for the team. I'm willing to give them time because I trust that they know what they are doing.
    King him, boners.
    #Bakkthoscakks&piis

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Per 36 is terrible for people playing less than 20 minutes. It doesn't translate out at all. Last season, Kanter was huffing and puffing after 5 minutes on the court. You think he could perform at the same level for 30 minutes a night?
    Or the flip side, is there a drop off of rookie mistakes after a guy gets comfortable?
    Like you say per36 has limitations. We really don't know who Kanter is. Maybe he is a turnover prone clutz, maybe he is a superstar. Pot odds are good though with 4 lottery picks.
    FWIW, last year Kanter couldn't handle the time, this year is a completely different story!
    Last edited by vegas; 02-04-2013 at 08:32 PM. Reason: fix quote tags
    Chop it!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Here's my point. So far what we've gotten from the DWill trade (Feb 2011) that contributes to our starting line up is 8 pts and 3 reb, and that's from a guy that we got indirectly from the trade. But hey, look at all that potential we got back.

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You know it's a ****ty season when JF starts bitching about Portland taking the consensus #1 seven footer to pair with LaMarcus Aldridge (who they stole from Chicago for Tyrus Thomas) and a guy who just won rookie of the year in a 127-128 vote (who they also stole in a trade for Randy Foye), and somehow using this as an indictment of Jazz Basketball.

Can't we all be OKC fans yo!

Put some respeck in my paycheck

Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    You know it's a ****ty season when JF starts bitching about Portland taking the consensus #1 seven footer to pair with LaMarcus Aldridge (who they stole from Chicago for Tyrus Thomas) and a guy who just won rookie of the year in a 127-128 vote (who they also stole in a trade for Randy Foye), and somehow using this as an indictment of Jazz Basketball.

Can't we all be OKC fans yo!
    Well since you put it that way .. I'm embarrassed and fully on board supporting the FO.
    Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I think KOC and Lindsey are good hires. Keep in mind that if GSW didn't kamikaze last year, we might have been able to make a play for Lillard, or picked up another chip player in last year's draft. If Houston didn't blow 7 of their last 8 games last year, the Jazz would have had their pick as well.

You can only play the cards you're dealt.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Look at it this way -- the Jazz made the playoffs once and were out in four. In the process, they lost draft picks and slowed the development of their players. Nothing more needs to be said.