Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46
  1. #31
    Senior Member MoTappin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    929
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1288
    Rep Adjustment Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by midnight_hwy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just as Hayward benefited by going to the second unit, I would think Marvin would be more of a part of the offense as well in the second unit.

    Dmc really should be in the starting unit, as the things that he does, are sorely needed in the starting unit. Maybe they would play with a little more hustle and desire.
    Nice observation.
    "Excuse me...are you the singing bush?"

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #32
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    33,881
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    53877
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    If I had to make two changes to the starting unit it would be Carroll for Marvin and Favors for Millsap.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  4. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    14,599
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7696
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenofCapua View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A true SF should create his own shot or have a post up game at a reasonable level at least. If you cant do these things and still get 8 mil. per year, you are overpaid.
    WHO KNOWS IF HE CAN DO THOSE THINGS.

    HE IS THE FRIGGIN 5TH OPTION

    to do those things he needs the ball.
    his job on this team is dump the ball down to al and stand somehwere to jack up a shot when the shotclock is down and al passed it out

  5. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Look at my "nick".
    Posts
    1,074
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2718
    Rep Adjustment Power
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    WHO KNOWS IF HE CAN DO THOSE THINGS.

    HE IS THE FRIGGIN 5TH OPTION

    to do those things he needs the ball.
    his job on this team is dump the ball down to al and stand somehwere to jack up a shot when the shotclock is down and al passed it out
    I've seen enough to decide that he cant do these things properly and not like he is not getting any touches to prove me wrong, or showing some flashes that he has it.

  6. #35
    Senior Member Weezur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,316
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4739
    Rep Adjustment Power
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by SiroMar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Typically, players use the first few seasons to hone their skills and perfect what they already know so that their advantages in college continue to be so in the NBA. Millsap was not forced to develop his jumper in his rookie or sophomore year, since that would have been an idiotic move on a cosmic scale. His PF skills needed a lot of work before any attempt to expand his game. Similarly, Favors strengths are all wasted. It's not like he has a great offensive game outside of the post. All that "playing outside of his comfort zone" will accomplish, is to add another set of poorly developed skills that are simply not helpful at this level of basketball.

    Also, I find it strange that those strategies all involve close minded systematic approach to basketball. It's not like Favors is encouraged to pass in a PnR situation, thus adding dimensionality to one of his strengths. Hell, AJ was lauded for learning to pass every now and then when he gets the ball in the post. To Corbin, not shooting the ball every single time you touch it is an achievement worth publicizing.

    Ironically, I would be more accepting of the approach if it was taken with the mentality you seem to espouse. I would not agree with it. But I would accept that my basketball knowledge pales in comparison to people who have been around the NBA for decades. But that's not it. Corbin is simply not an NBA level headcoach. He's the perfect yesman in an organization that no longer cares about high level competition, and is contented offering a passable product that brings in moderate profits with little risk.
    Yeah there's a lot of different ways to look at developing players.
    You say that Favors doesn't have a great offensive game outside the post but I've seen him getting adding new things into his arsenal almost game by game. He's passing better off the post, his touch around the rim and ability to use the left hand...all these are things that are improving. If you talk to any New Jersey fan, they'll agree.
    It makes sense to me to get him to develop multiple skills even if they're not as great as his strengths because once teams scout the strengths, then all you're left with are your other skills.

    As an example, look at Dwight- He didn't develop skills, his strength was overpowering his opponent in the post and scoring.
    Now all teams have to do is foul him or get him past the key and he doesn't have anything else to go to.

    Anyways, I hope that's how the Jazz are developing the youngsters and that that's why they only see time against 2nd tier players. Otherwise, we've had a stupid coach and management system all along.

    Quote Originally Posted by carolinajazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .....like the "theory of evolution?" Biggest hoax ever conceived! Don't know about Windows 8.....what do you recommend if and when I must upgrade???
    Downgrade to Windows 7, even Vista is better than 8. I just got a laptop and am very dissatisfied.

  7. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20880
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    At this point, Marvin for expiring(s) and two 2nds sounds extremely appealing. So did hiring me two years ago though too. So I'm not sure what to think.

  8. #37
    Punch Bowl Re-Filler
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Enemy territory (Warrior land)
    Posts
    20,834
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    39897
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAnonymous View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He averages 7 shots a game. So they just need to find him one more shot (on average) per game to turn him into a decent starter?

    I'd rather give his 26 minutes a game to Carroll and Carroll's 17 minutes a game to Williams. I think you'd have a better chance for production that way.
    Averages can be deceiving. Yes, a couple of games he'll get 10 or 15 shots. Then he'll have between 2-4 for several games. He needs to consistently get 7-8 shots and when he's extremely hot, you keep feeding him. All you really need to do is have Jefferson shoot 3-4 fewer shots, have Foye control his chucking and pass the ball occasionally to Marvin.

  9. #38
    Punch Bowl Re-Filler
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Enemy territory (Warrior land)
    Posts
    20,834
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    39897
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had to make two changes to the starting unit it would be Carroll for Marvin and Favors for Millsap.
    I agree with you there. Marvin should come off the bench where he'll get more chances to score. Carroll is better at rebounding Al's misses.

  10. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,938
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    13965
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Jefferson just needs to be limited to 10 attempts a game and he probably would improve his efficiency. Why have we anointed him the one to shoot at will anyways.

  11. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    17,067
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    48516
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm convinced that this is a developmental season where Burks/Favors/Kanter/Hayward all play outside their comfort zone and try to add more skill set against the bench. It's a good thing because it'll allow Favors and Kanter to be more than one-dimensional. Same with Burks though he's got it harder because he has to play a position where he isn't supposed to be on all the time and a position where he is supposed to be on all the time.
    That's why we haven't seen a lot of Kanter pick and pop, not much Favors PnR, or Burks driving in. Hayward's a couple years ahead in terms of being multi-dimensional so he can focus on just dominating the court.

    Anyways, that's just a theory. It could be that the coaching and managing of the Jazz sucks really bad and then we're all screwed and life sucks and Corbins a hack and the city will move and Windows 8 sucks.
    This.

    I don't get all the Corbin tantrums when he has explicitly said he is trying to bring certain young guys along, & these guys have shown dramatic improvements over their raw baselines. We will look back in a few years hearing these kids praising Corbin's role in pushing them toward All Star status.


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us