Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 181
  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,590
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11039
    Rep Adjustment Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In this case there were not acting on behalf of a church but their own personal religious beliefs.
    Agreed.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

  2. #17
    Premium Member fishonjazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    K-TOWN
    Posts
    41,143
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    91906
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can't refuse to perform a straight marriage, either.
    You should be able to imo
    Gobert is eating souls out there

    Snyder’s resting facial expression resembles that of a shiv-wielding prisoner

    Quinn will let the team eat tonight now

    Quinn snyder has definitely killed multiple hookers right?
    Likes TroutBum, gregbroncs liked this post

  3. #18
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    32,760
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52324
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should be able to imo
    This.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  4. #19
    Premium Member Harambe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,890
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    23050
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlWatson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://allenbwest.com/2014/10/chris...rs-marry-gays/

    As reported by the Washington Times, “Coeur d‘Alene, Idaho, city officials have laid down the law to Christian pastors within their community, telling them bluntly via an ordinance that if they refuse to marry homosexuals, they will face jail time and fines.
    I hate it when I have to kind of be on your side. It's the lamest thing ever, and it makes me feel filthy... like the 10' pole I use on trout's mom. Luckily, I'm only kind of on your side.

    There was no good, legal reason that gay marriage was illegal. And so it should be legalized. That being said, forcing any religion or institute to preform homosexual marriage against their will is just as wrong.
    No one wants civility here.
    Likes Dr. Jones, gregbroncs liked this post

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a ghetto near you. . . .
    Posts
    8,821
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20898
    Rep Adjustment Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem to read to much into things, if you are even following the flow (in this case you are not) of the discussion, and go off on random tangents that no one is even talking about.
    It's called pushing an agenda, bro.

    hmmmmm. . . . . .

    probably everybody except Trout does a little of that. It's why we come here. I know I pushed my take to the ultimate extreme I could make of it. So would you have changed your thinking on my account if I had said, for example, that you were making an extreme tangent of your own on your lead-up comment calling out the person you were responding to, highland homie I think it was, on his extreme statement about wishing people could just do business on their own terms and notions with whoever they wished, no matter who they are?

    you dished it out, then felt it was uncalled for coming back atcha.

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a ghetto near you. . . .
    Posts
    8,821
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20898
    Rep Adjustment Power
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by One Brow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see the Washington (aka Moonie) Times as being much more significant, but in any case, it was clear from their article that this is a public business, not a church.

    Non-profits, including churches, are supposed to be politically neutral. If pastors are overtly supporting one political candidate/position/vote over another while acting on behalf of that church, they are violating that law.

    None of this is new. There has been no sloping.
    wll, sloping is always a matter of choosing the coordinate system in a manner that makes "progress" look like the same old thing. The time-honored progressive strategy of "gradualism" has always been a pretty steep slope against Christianity.

    You've got a choice. . . . . you can imagine you're God, or you can imagine somebody else is. Saying there is no God is the same thing as saying you. . . or 'we' are the only relevant "god". The so-called "secular" claim has always been a claim for the government's right to establish the values of society.

    keep it up, bro. Pretty soom you'll be walking on the ceiling.

  7. #22
    Senior Member LogGrad98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    Posts
    16,768
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    40410
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlWatson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://allenbwest.com/2014/10/chris...rs-marry-gays/

    As reported by the Washington Times, “Coeur d‘Alene, Idaho, city officials have laid down the law to Christian pastors within their community, telling them bluntly via an ordinance that if they refuse to marry homosexuals, they will face jail time and fines.
    Does anyone know exactly how the ordinance is worded?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyReAL View Post
    The guy is in Reno. RENO! Give him a break.
    Well, Leipzig now. But we sure do miss Reno.



    The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell.

  8. #23
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    32,760
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52324
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's called pushing an agenda, bro.

    hmmmmm. . . . . .

    probably everybody except Trout does a little of that. It's why we come here. I know I pushed my take to the ultimate extreme I could make of it. So would you have changed your thinking on my account if I had said, for example, that you were making an extreme tangent of your own on your lead-up comment calling out the person you were responding to, highland homie I think it was, on his extreme statement about wishing people could just do business on their own terms and notions with whoever they wished, no matter who they are?

    you dished it out, then felt it was uncalled for coming back atcha.
    Actually, no. I was not calling him out at all, I was getting clarification.

    Now, the reason I was getting clarification, was to see if Highland had the same exact position as I do. Turns out he does. But if you had read my comment before that one you would have seen that.

    So in short, yes you did read to much into it, in addition to not reading the full convo, and as a result you placed me on the wrong side. This has nothing to do with dishing it out or taking it.

    I absolutely agree with HH in that if any personally owned business wants to deny service to anyone, for any reason, they should be able to. I do not like the idea of judges and legislators controlling that.

    The bolded part above is a position I have stated several times in several threads. So please, continue to tell me how I believe Judges and Legislators should be able to control that accoring to their own personal beliefs.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  9. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Posts
    16,745
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    47653
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Guys, let's talk about the lesbian mayor of Austin, TX who tried to subpoena all homosexual sermons. That one is totally credible as well.
    Last edited by franklin; 10-22-2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: fix the ****in filter kicky


    Put some respeck in my paycheck

  10. #25
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    32,760
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52324
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Guys, let's talk about the lesbian mayor of Austin, TX who tried to subpoena all homosexual sermons. That one is totally credible as well.
    Houston.

    Read today that she ordered the subpoenas to be narrowed in scope.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

  11. #26
    Modstapo Lite Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    7,311
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14818
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, no. I was not calling him out at all, I was getting clarification.

    Now, the reason I was getting clarification, was to see if Highland had the same exact position as I do. Turns out he does. But if you had read my comment before that one you would have seen that.

    So in short, yes you did read to much into it, in addition to not reading the full convo, and as a result you placed me on the wrong side. This has nothing to do with dishing it out or taking it.

    I absolutely agree with HH in that if any personally owned business wants to deny service to anyone, for any reason, they should be able to. I do not like the idea of judges and legislators controlling that.

    The bolded part above is a position I have stated several times in several threads. So please, continue to tell me how I believe Judges and Legislators should be able to control that accoring to their own personal beliefs.
    That idea makes me sick personally.

    If you are a business open to the public, you better serve the public. Otherwise, don't open your business to the public.

    Say there is a small town in the middle of nowhere that has a whopping one grocery store ( Burlington Colorado comes to mind). Let's also say the nearest grocery store after that one is 30 miles away. If the owner of that store hates gays and refuses to serve maybe the 1 or 2 gay guys in town, does that mean they now have to move our drive 30 miles for groceries? I doubt public pressure is going to shut the place down, and there probably isn't a good financial incentive to open another store.

    So again, when you open a business to the public, serve the public.
    In Lindsay We Trust
    Likes One Brow, TroutBum liked this post

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,357
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3069
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate505 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That idea makes me sick personally.

    If you are a business open to the public, you better serve the public. Otherwise, don't open your business to the public.

    Say there is a small town in the middle of nowhere that has a whopping one grocery store ( Burlington Colorado comes to mind). Let's also say the nearest grocery store after that one is 30 miles away. If the owner of that store hates gays and refuses to serve maybe the 1 or 2 gay guys in town, does that mean they now have to move our drive 30 miles for groceries? I doubt public pressure is going to shut the place down, and there probably isn't a good financial incentive to open another store.

    So again, when you open a business to the public, serve the public.
    Human nature makes me sick because I always like to think people can be better. But most people suck the fat one. So in your scenario I'd say the one or two gays would probably want to relocate to another part of the state/country. They're free to go wherever they are happiest. I'd imagine a small town that doesn't offer their business to gays wouldn't be among their first choices.

  13. #28
    Premium Member Harambe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,890
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    23050
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlandHomie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Human nature makes me sick because I always like to think people can be better. But most people suck the fat one. So in your scenario I'd say the one or two gays would probably want to relocate to another part of the state/country. They're free to go wherever they are happiest. I'd imagine a small town that doesn't offer their business to gays wouldn't be among their first choices.
    Better off is an interesting statement. Couldn't you say the community would be better off accepting others of different backgrounds and beliefs?

    Every HR department I've ever worked for seems to think this is the case.
    No one wants civility here.

  14. #29
    Modstapo Lite Nate505's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, CO
    Posts
    7,311
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    14818
    Rep Adjustment Power
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlandHomie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Human nature makes me sick because I always like to think people can be better. But most people suck the fat one. So in your scenario I'd say the one or two gays would probably want to relocate to another part of the state/country. They're free to go wherever they are happiest. I'd imagine a small town that doesn't offer their business to gays wouldn't be among their first choices.
    Maybe the guy was born there and doesn't want to leave, or doesn't have the financial means to do so.

    I'm extremely opposed to a country that can run people out of town through denying them goods/services just because the owners of the business are bigoted jagoffs. On most things I'm pretty libertarian, but in this instance the Feds and state have a legitimate interest in protecting the rights of their citizens by intervening.
    In Lindsay We Trust
    Likes One Brow liked this post


  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Metro East, St. Louis
    Posts
    9,590
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11039
    Rep Adjustment Power
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by fishonjazz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should be able to imo
    Regardless, the point is that gay marriages are being treated the same as straight marriages, not differently.
    http://lifetheuniverseandonebrow.blogspot.com/

    Isaiah 1:18 -- Come now, and let us reason together

    Any habitual action, such as eating or dressing, may be performed on the appropriate occasion, without any need of thought, and the same seems to be true of a painfully large proportion of our talk. -- Bertrand Russell

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us