You think you've seen it all?
    And life has no surprises
    'Til you call out my name and in return you get silence"

- Slug

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    You realize that Kawhi is going to be a top5 player every year for a very long time. He's a true franchise player. Comparing any player to Kawhi is questionable in terms of fairness.
    Some ppl just work better when they're calm. If staying composed is a way for D'Angelo to stay focused and getting emotional hurts his performance, good for him to stay calm. While defensive effort is limited and has been in the past, it's up to the coach to challenge him to improve next summer(Remember it's Walton's first year)

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by BTP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize that Kawhi is going to be a top5 player every year for a very long time. He's a true franchise player. Comparing any player to Kawhi is questionable in terms of fairness.
    Some ppl just work better when they're calm. If staying composed is a way for D'Angelo to stay focused and getting emotional hurts his performance, good for him to stay calm. While defensive effort is limited and has been in the past, it's up to the coach to challenge him to improve next summer(Remember it's Walton's first year)
    I compared him to a couple of players, I also compared him to Dellenadova who's far less superior athletically and physically, yet you see him fight for the ball, fight for every point for every possession, fight defensively.

All I'm saying is don't seem to see that fight in Russell. I could be wrong, we'll just have to wait and see.

He could still turn out to be a very nice player and I'll gladly eat my words. But in my humble opinion, he'll have to hit the gym, improve his on court effort greatly and do a lot of things differently to reach that goal.

Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Raptors should really consider changing their team's name to 'Toronto Huskies'.

Hard to believe that name & colour scheme wasn't on the table when they were trying to come up with the team's name way back when.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE LOVE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I compared him to a couple of players, I also compared him to Dellenadova who's far less superior athletically and physically, yet you see him fight for the ball, fight for every point for every possession, fight defensively.

All I'm saying is don't seem to see that fight in Russell. I could be wrong, we'll just have to wait and see.

He could still turn out to be a very nice player and I'll gladly eat my words. But in my humble opinion, he'll have to hit the gym, improve his on court effort greatly and do a lot of things differently to reach that goal.
    All I'm saying is that playing like you have rabies doesn't equal success for everyone. Some ppl lose focus when they are agitated.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

"I'm rooting for Ibaka" LOL
    "If it makes you feel better, go head
    make me feel small
    I know what you're up to
    Baby, build your wall
    You think you've seen it all?
    And life has no surprises
    'Til you call out my name and in return you get silence"