Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    Keeping it REAL ONE LOVE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    37,707
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    43491
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_AB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't know what your talking about. I've watched more Knicks games than the rest of this board combined over the past 20 years. not to mention more basketball than you've seen in your lifetime in just 20 something years --- but yall wanna act like experts about that team, which you surely pay close attention to -- so be it.

    Melo is the problem there - his effort level has infected the team, he doesn't work well with Porzingis. He is a much worse fit for that team than Rose. the Knicks reliance on Melo for offense, while having a relatively cheap roster, is what has screwed their chances at having a decent season and has also doomed their defense to the bottom tier.


    Respect? You think I care for your respect? LOL this board is filled with bitches. I'm not here to make friends, just to talk basketball
    Yes I do agree Melo is the problem, but Rose is also not a great fit. He just doesn't pass it. With Carmelo and Porzingis on the team you need a guy who's gonna give them the ball, not a guy who's just looking to get his.


    In terms of DRose fit in Utah I just don't think his personality will fit with what Dennis Lindsey is trying to achieve here in Utah. It's as simple as that. That's been his MO his whole tenure here, finding good character guys and building a 'Spurs lite' team.


    So, nothing against DRose as a player, but I just don't think his personality will fit the 'culture' DL is trying to build and I think DL will just have to say 'I'm out' like they say on Shark Tank...
    A New Hope....



  2. #32
    Premium Jazz Fan dong2ha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,464
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    30393
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    they should just build around porzingis. trade everyone except for prozingis and start over. they will never do it and be bad for another 5 years

  3. #33
    Premium Member 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    2
    Posts
    10,968
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    40083
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_AB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't know what your talking about. I've watched more Knicks games than the rest of this board combined over the past 20 years. not to mention more basketball than you've seen in your lifetime in just 20 something years --- but yall wanna act like experts about that team, which you surely pay close attention to -- so be it.

    Melo is the problem there - his effort level has infected the team, he doesn't work well with Porzingis. He is a much worse fit for that team than Rose. the Knicks reliance on Melo for offense, while having a relatively cheap roster, is what has screwed their chances at having a decent season and has also doomed their defense to the bottom tier.


    Respect? You think I care for your respect? LOL this board is filled with bitches. I'm not here to make friends, just to talk basketball
    You are a character. Griping about how everyone is all the same with every post, and yet anyone could have guessed that this would be your exact response to my post. You are just like anyone else saying the same stuff over and over.

    You 'know' what everyone will post before they post it, yeah, we all kinda do, except you're the only idiot too dense to realize that it applies to you as well.
    Likes NAOS liked this post

  4. #34
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jazz Forum
    Posts
    15,488
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    28243
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_AB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are we really gonna pretend like Jazzfanz don;t have a defeatist attitude tho? C'mon now.. It's obvious. All that small-market self pity.
    ...says the dude who ritually deletes old posts for fear of future episodes wherein he is shamed for bad takes. If JFC is what you say it is, then you're out in front, broseph.
    {size/HUGE} RUDY {/size}

  5. #35
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jazz Forum
    Posts
    15,488
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    28243
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Has anybody done a back-of-the-envelope calculation RE: the amount of time that PG_AB claims his eyeballs are on sports media?

    There are two answers I've come up with:
    (1) The math actually doesn't work (and he is, therefore, lying about what he's seen and about the conclusions he's drawn from first-hand exposure).
    (2) The math sort of works, but rather unbelievably (and he is, therefore, pretty much always in the loving embrace of a flickering screen).
    {size/HUGE} RUDY {/size}

  6. #36
    Senior Member PG_AB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The land of milk and honey
    Posts
    10,941
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    15459
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are a character. Griping about how everyone is all the same with every post, and yet anyone could have guessed that this would be your exact response to my post. You are just like anyone else saying the same stuff over and over.

    You 'know' what everyone will post before they post it, yeah, we all kinda do, except you're the only idiot too dense to realize that it applies to you as well.
    You care to try and hold dominion over this conversation, and I do not, I've said my piece and thats plenty. I'm here to engage discussion on literally 100's of different basketball topics, but you wish to talk about me - like the bunch of petulant schoolboys you still very much are.

    If you've seen my FA and Trade Ideas over the years, I believe in swinging for the fences - not this woe is me they won't sign here it's Utah **** that I see In all those types of threads.

    Lets not foget that I posted a correct scouting report on here years in advance on Trey Lyles and I watched people argue about it here for years, call me all sorts of names and get personal, and I was spot on all along.

    So topics such as these y'all can cry me a river over, I'm unphased. When I first started posting here my ideas of trading for John Wall and overbidding on DeRozan were met with similar unjust consternation. Same deal as Harrison Barnes last offseason.
    ‘My name is Ozymandias, King of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

  7. #37
    Senior Member PG_AB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The land of milk and honey
    Posts
    10,941
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    15459
    Rep Adjustment Power
    70
    ‘My name is Ozymandias, King of kings:
    Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'

  8. #38
    Premium Member 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    2
    Posts
    10,968
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    40083
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_AB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You care to try and hold dominion over this conversation, and I do not, I've said my piece and thats plenty. I'm here to engage discussion on literally 100's of different basketball topics, but you wish to talk about me - like the bunch of petulant schoolboys you still very much are.

    If you've seen my FA and Trade Ideas over the years, I believe in swinging for the fences - not this woe is me they won't sign here it's Utah **** that I see In all those types of threads.

    Lets not foget that I posted a correct scouting report on here years in advance on Trey Lyles and I watched people argue about it here for years, call me all sorts of names and get personal, and I was spot on all along.

    So topics such as these y'all can cry me a river over, I'm unphased. When I first started posting here my ideas of trading for John Wall and overbidding on DeRozan were met with similar unjust consternation. Same deal as Harrison Barnes last offseason.
    Okay whiner

  9. #39
    Senior Member DownUnder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    North of the Wall
    Posts
    4,018
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    5092
    Rep Adjustment Power
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_AB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    post a video or pics of his wife plz .. thnx
    It will place the ball in the basket .....

  10. #40
    Senior Member NAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jazz Forum
    Posts
    15,488
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    28243
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_AB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You care to try and hold dominion over this conversation, and I do not, I've said my piece and thats plenty. I'm here to engage discussion on literally 100's of different basketball topics, but you wish to talk about me - like the bunch of petulant schoolboys you still very much are.

    If you've seen my FA and Trade Ideas over the years, I believe in swinging for the fences - not this woe is me they won't sign here it's Utah **** that I see In all those types of threads.

    Lets not foget that I posted a correct scouting report on here years in advance on Trey Lyles and I watched people argue about it here for years, call me all sorts of names and get personal, and I was spot on all along.

    So topics such as these y'all can cry me a river over, I'm unphased. When I first started posting here my ideas of trading for John Wall and overbidding on DeRozan were met with similar unjust consternation. Same deal as Harrison Barnes last offseason.
    I've tried to talk basketball with you. A little conversation has transpired over the years. But if it ever regresses to personal attacks you're always the first to go there. That makes it particularly funny to hear you (again) say that you're always above the fray and looking to stay topical. ********.
    {size/HUGE} RUDY {/size}

  11. #41
    Premium Member 8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    2
    Posts
    10,968
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    40083
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by NAOS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've tried to talk basketball with you. A little conversation has transpired over the years. But if it ever regresses to personal attacks you're always the first to go there. That makes it particularly funny to hear you (again) say that you're always above the fray and looking to stay topical. ********.
    Sadly, it seems he'll never understand. Everyone forgot his dear Lyles scouting report because no one cares. It doesn't matter at all. Nothing anyone posts ever matters at all. If he could ever realize that it doesn't matter what he says he could be a great poster.

    I'm done with all this. Now let me write a couple more paragraphs about it.
    54

    - 9

  12. #42
    Senior Member Eenie-Meenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,930
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    3892
    Rep Adjustment Power
    31
    ONE LOVE:
    In terms of DRose fit in Utah I just don't think his personality will fit with what Dennis Lindsey is trying to achieve here in Utah. It's as simple as that. That's been his MO his whole tenure here, finding good character guys and building a 'Spurs lite' team.
    The guy's a scumbag. I would never want him on my team. He belongs with the Carmelos and DeMarcuses of this world, and even Melo seems to have mellowed some.

  13. #43
    Senior Member Cappy_Smurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Kickin' it with Blue Edwards
    Posts
    3,716
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    17792
    Rep Adjustment Power
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_AB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don't know what your talking about. I've watched more Knicks games than the rest of this board combined over the past 20 years. not to mention more basketball than you've seen in your lifetime in just 20 something years --- but yall wanna act like experts about that team, which you surely pay close attention to -- so be it.
    First off, just go ahead and STFU. Secondly, you've certainly got a better grasp on high school prospects than most people here, because most of us don't have time to research guys to that extent, but when it comes to the pro game, you're middle of the pack I'd say. Lots of posters here have a better grasp on the pro game, including some younger guys, as well as some that can remember watching Adrian Dantley play for the Jazz. Humble yourself before you stumble yourself.

    As for the Knicks, it's no big secret that Melo is the main problem there. However, your opinion on Rose is obviously affected by you being a fan. He isn't that good anymore and it was ****ing stupid for NY to sign him and Noah, when they should have traded Melo away and started rebuilding around Zinger. Rose would be ok in certain situations for some teams, but certainly not for Utah, and anyone signing him will be taking a gamble on whether or not he just decides to quit because he doesn't like not getting his way, like he he just almost did with NY. There really is no question that he's got mental issues.

    https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...rom-Basketball

    Derrick Rose Briefly Considered Walking Away From Basketball

    Derrick Rose was reportedly such an emotional wreck on Monday afternoon that his only solution was to leave the New York Knicks to be with his mother and his son, skipping their game against the New Orleans Pelicans.
    Rose's state of mind was such that for a brief time he talked about walking away from basketball for an extended period of time to clear his mind. Ian Begley of ESPN reported Rose considered retirement.
    Rose hinted at his emotional state by saying "I didn't want to take any calls at the time. I needed that space to myself and I needed to be around my mom."
    The Knicks are supporting Rose and his story, deciding to fine him and not suspend him for any games.
    Rose will be a free agent this offseason.

    See____You_____Next_____Tuesday____Haywood

  14. #44
    Senior Member gregbroncs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Here! Wait is this a roll call?
    Posts
    5,888
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    6991
    Rep Adjustment Power
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't care whether who is the bigger 'problem' for the dumpster-fire Knicks. The organization made stupid moves this offseason and everyone knew that going into the season except for them.

    If not wanting to trade away assets for a player who is a little better than Shelvin Mack in theory, but would be a downgrade from Shelvin Mack for the Jazz considering he has no interest in coming off the bench and playing a reserve role and definitely has no interest in coming off the bench and playing a reserve role for the Utah Jazz of all teams gives me a defeatist attitude than so be it.

    Yes, a fully motivated D-Rose would be better than Mack but that person does not exist and therefore is not at all an upgrade for the Jazz even at backup point guard. Furthermore, a guy like that really only has the potential to become bothersome for a team that has good chemistry and plays pretty hard every night like the Jazz do.

    Derrick Rose does not have the mentality to help teams win basketball games.

    Forgetting all the contract stuff, id love for Melo to be on the Jazz. He'd be far more useful than Derrick 'Dead' Rose!!
    No thanks. Neither of those players contribute to a winning mentality on a team. I wouldn't want either of them, because neither of them are team players. They are me first players who don't seem to give a **** about winning. They are a perfect pair together, except neither of them will accept that they are exactly like the other guy who they can conveniently blame for all of the problems. Keep them both the hell away from the Jazz organization.
    Playoffs here we come. Pass the damn Kool-Aid

  15. #45
    Senior Member Hekate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,098
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    11572
    Rep Adjustment Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by PG_AB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You should leave and then come back. That would show us.
    Roscoe.http://jazzfanz.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2096&dateline=1408145924
    Thanks Cappy_Smurf thanked for this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us