Page 446 of 446 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446
Results 4,451 to 4,453 of 4453
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Oh, and I finally saw it. It was OK.

I dont get OL's complaint about it at all. If I hadnt read the book I would probably have liked it more.
    Shovel your way out of the s***

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just something that I really have a tough time watching. Same in Leaving Las Vegas. I never said to not see the movie because of it.
    Yeah when you said it was one of the hardest scene to watch I was thinking along the line of 'Irreversible' or 'Last tango...'. Those for me were hard to watch, Wind River really paled in comparison.
    A New Hope....

Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by ONE LOVE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wind River

Pretty good. If there is 1 criticism it's that it was probably a bit too short. Should have made it about 20min. longer. BTW the scene Wes mentioned near the end wasn't actually all that bad - don't avoid it just because of it.

Interesting tidbit, it was filmed in Utah.
    Thinking about this a bit more. The story in this movie really was a beautiful metaphor for how the American Indians are treated in this country. The way that Indian girl was made to run through that icy/snowy field mirrored the way the indigenous people not just in the States but all around the world are 'pushed aside' at times to the margins and are forgotten.

It really made me think a lot about those things and some of the images did stick with me. It's a real pity it was a 30 minutes too short, many of the themes could have been explored a lot more. It really had a great set up and is still worth a watch irregardless.
    A New Hope....