View Poll Results: What kind of increase to your current salary would you need to change your lifestyle?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • up to 50% raise in income

3 15.79%
  • 50% raise up to double current income

7 36.84%
  • 2X up to triple current income

3 15.79%
  • 3X up to 5X current income

1 5.26%
  • more than 5X current income

0 0%
  • up to 100k annual salary (dollars)

0 0%
  • 100k to 200k

2 10.53%
  • 200k to 300k

3 15.79%
  • 300k to 500k

0 0%
  • more than 500k

2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Cy of JFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Winning?
    About even. Some huge wins (Kentucky yesterday) but a few 5 team parlays lost (won 4 out of 5 in two of them...lost because of DR in baseball, Louisville in cbb...would've won about 1,750 on each).
    "...but I can promise you one thing. I will do whatever it takes this summer to be back next season as good as ever and will not let this happen again. " - Rudy Gobert, on the Jazz missing out on the playoffs after ****ting the bed the last few weeks

"Words are cheap. Prove it." - Wes Mantooth, in response to Rudy's promise

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    50% - 100% increase over current income.

Luckily the wife is closing in on her Business Admin degree and an income boost is coming.
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Yeah, well my wife is the breadwinner by a mile so...and with my gambling and all...
    Lol good point then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    then u vote for Bernie
    My experience has not convinced me of the effectiveness of his proposed plans. For instance, I had penned him a letter (wrote an email) back in 2009 after I saw him on CSPAN circa ACA discussions and pumping up how we needed to invest more money into the National Health Service Corps to be able to put primary care physicians (or "providers" if you prefer a more ambiguous and inclusive [i.e. cheaper] term) in underserved areas. The reason I wrote him was that he was saying things that, though he believed, didn't really work. One of the big ideas with the NHSC is to provide a scholarship (tuition + stipend) to medical (and dental) students who committed to going in to a primary care specialty and practice in an underserved area (a separate debate) on a year-for-year commitment. The idea is that you get more physicians (or "providers") in to rural and urban areas to expand access to care. Great concept. However, haven taken a serious look at the program the year before, I saw the entire process that takes applications for the program with the consideration being for those with demonstrable evidence of being committed to 1) a primary care specialty and 2) working in an underserved area -- the process selects only for those who are on this path already, leaving the entire program to be a subsidy for its scholars rather than a recruitment of new blood. Now, you can certainly say that this is good to lift the burden of those committing to this path, but as far as actually increasing the amount of primary care physicians practicing in underserved areas -- the reason the program exists -- it does not do that.

Anyway, I guess back then the website assumes anyone who sends an email is a fan because they added me to the weekly "Bernie Bag" mailing list, or whatever it was.

Respect All, Fear None White Chocolate's Avatar
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    About even. Some huge wins (Kentucky yesterday) but a few 5 team parlays lost (won 4 out of 5 in two of them...lost because of DR in baseball, Louisville in cbb...would've won about 1,750 on each).
    Stay away from the 3/4/5 team parlays. They're always so tempting because of the huge payouts but more often than not one team will **** it up. Stick to the two-team parlays.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post
    Stay away from the 3/4/5 team parlays. They're always so tempting because of the huge payouts but more often than not one team will **** it up. Stick to the two-team parlays.

Thanks but I've been doing this for about 25 years now and over the last three years have gotten a huge percentage of my winnings from 4 or 5 team parlays.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Thanks but I've been doing this for about 25 years now and over the last three years have gotten a huge percentage of my winnings from 4 or 5 team parlays.
    So you have been doing it for 25 years and the last 3 you've been hitting on them. I don't believe you. Either all you do is play them or you're lying.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

The price is right!

So you have been doing it for 25 years and the last 3 you've been hitting on them. I don't believe you. Either all you do is play them or you're lying.

I have no doubt that you are a good bettor but I don't believe it's because of 4 or 5 team parlays. The odds of winning one is 1/32 and that's if all of the lines are even or around -110 or +110. Those odds aren't good at all and I'm sure you have some teams in there that aren't the favorites and the odds are even worse in that scenario. I find it hard to believe that the majority of your winnings are from parlays that have 1/30-1/40 odds. If you do you should be making some serious cash and consider putting more money on each bet.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Cy of JFC View Post
    You been gambling on the Tourney?
    Is the Pope Catholic?

​Gobert or go home

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    I have no doubt that you are a good bettor but I don't believe it's because of 4 or 5 team parlays. The odds of winning one is 1/32 and that's if all of the lines are even or around -110 or +110. Those odds aren't good at all and I'm sure you have some teams in there that aren't the favorites and the odds are even worse in that scenario. I find it hard to believe that the majority of your winnings are from parlays that have 1/30-1/40 odds. If you do you should be making some serious cash and consider putting more money on each bet.

I have done 4 and 5 team parlays a few times. Never big $$$ bets, maybe up to $50. I have won more $$$ than I have lost. It is a fun way to spend an evening at the Sports book when I am in Vegas.
    Likes fishonjazz liked this post

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Happiness threashold? Hell, I do not even own a vehicle an I am happy. I got a rickshaw that gets me where I need to be an I hitch a ride to SLC with my neighbor construction company on Jazz game nights an make like $150-200 in three hours from the bar drunks. He don't care cause I scrap his drywall for him. Those guys get so tired they hate the cleanup.

I bet I am the poorest person here but I am also the happiest. Own a piece of property with a creek running throug it, can hunt birds an even big game in season, tons of my food comes from trade with neighbor farmers in the summer an fall, an winter crops in my garden, just got these cool insulation pads for inside my trailer walls that a neighbor lady sowed me for replacing her roof shingles last September , that saved me several hundred in heating costs this winter. They're so darn cool man, she sowed these flaps for the Windows an all I have to do is Velcro them up at night. I saved up $2400 for a bigger trailer but these things are so nifty I do not think i can part with it any more.
    Im okay with getting rid of people. - @gregbroncster

👆THREAD IMPROVEMENT 👆

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZGASM View Post
    I have done 4 and 5 team parlays a few times. Never big $$$ bets, maybe up to $50. I have won more $$$ than I have lost. It is a fun way to spend an evening at the Sports book when I am in Vegas.
    Isn't that how parlays work? Bet a little amount of money to win a lot? It's a quick way to lose money if you bet a lot of money though. All it takes is to win one 4/5 team parlay and it makes up for 5 losses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    [QUOTE=White Chocolate;1376788]Isn't that how parlays work? Bet a little amount of money to win a lot? It's a quick way to lose money if you bet a lot of money though. All it takes is to win one 4/5 team parlay and it makes up for 5 losses.

Yeah, that is how it works. I honestly haven't kept track, but I think I have won close to 50% of my parlay bets. I only make the wager after the referee assignments have been made (same day bets). It is surprising to see the effect the selected referees can have on a game. There are a lot of factors, but for example, Leon Wood and Ed Malloy tend to let the home teams win a combine 73% of the time. Not to mention analyzing team bias. I usually take an hour determining my wagers before going to the sports book. For me, that is what makes it fun. And that is why I hate betting in March Madness. To many variables. The NBA is much easier.

But again, I only make small wagers on parlay bets. I make larger wagers on individual games. My last time was in Vegas in November I won a 5 game parlay (got lucky on the last game when LAL came back to beat Sac), and I also won on all 7 college FB games I picked that weekend. Took home a good amount of cash, and my boss and clients we had with us were all happy because they bet my recommendations as well.
    Likes White Chocolate liked this post

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by b_line View Post
    If I doubled my salary, I'd have a significant change of pace.

I did increase my salary by 50% a couple years ago, and that changed our lives a lot by simply being able to pay off all debt excluding a home. If I doubled my current salary, I'd be able to pay off a home within three years while maximizing my contributions to mine and my wife's IRA accounts.
    That's mainly what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by JustTheTip View Post
    I already don't have time to do anything, and I don't think that will ever change.

With that said, Frank crushed it. I'd do the same things, just with nicer stuff. Main thing is I would invest a lot more, otherwise I think my quality of life is great. Not much more I would do with more money.
    If I doubled my income I would probably buy an ass ton of life insurance and give a bunch to family.

Put some respeck in my paycheck
    Likes JustTheTip liked this post

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power

Thank goodness for me, I don't care if you believe me.
    "...but I can promise you one thing. I will do whatever it takes this summer to be back next season as good as ever and will not let this happen again. " - Rudy Gobert, on the Jazz missing out on the playoffs after ****ting the bed the last few weeks

"Words are cheap. Prove it." - Wes Mantooth, in response to Rudy's promise