Thread: Puerto Rico

Drinkin haterade, ridin the hate train through hateville
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Frank, he's doing a bad job. You might find it ridiculous that he keeps getting criticised but he deserves every bit of it and more.

The bill I referenced with the loans for PR is going through congress with support from both parties, and I think its the wrong way to go. The people of Puerto Rico deserve better than to be treated like a colony.
    I've been around long enough to not buy into anything that anyone not directly involved has to say. This bad job outrage is nothing new, it's par for the course. This kind of stuff flat out annoys me to the point of almost not giving a damn. Then, when the facts come out, the outraged look like idiots. How do they respond? Doubling, tripling, quadrupling, then quintupling down.

But who am I to say that the military, the Red Cross, the LDS church, the President, and the entire nation hasn't responded as fast as reasonably expected? Or, I could and sound like this asshole:

Red Cross' response? If we send our first responders in before it is secure then all we are doing is sending more people in that we will have to rescued.

Put some respeck in my paycheck
    Thanks LogGrad98 thanked for this post
    Likes LogGrad98 liked this post

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Banned
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper_McGibblets View Post
    I watched a documentary on the Aztecs and Mayan on Tuesday, while flying out to Dallas. It's weird to me how Columbus gets so much **** for his actions, but people close their eyes to bizarre and barbaric native culture.

To me, they both were savage and deserve some ridicule.
    shhh those native americans did not have whit privilege.

nice side note whites where the only one at fault for slavery!

every single civilizations in the world did ****ty things. but we ar eonly supposed to remember the ****ty things christian-judeo civilizations did

Premium Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b57e82deb874

No power, no water, destroyed housing, washed-out bridges, ruined agriculture. Frankly, President Trump is out of patience with this sort of whining from Puerto Rico.

And while relief to the island, which Trump discovered is surrounded by water ON ALL SIDES, has been slow in arriving, Trump has been lightning-fast on the blame-shifting. That started arriving by planeload, boatload and tweetload before the storm winds had even died down. And anyway, Puerto Rico is in an ocean, a big one, and they arenít real Americans, any more than they are on that other island, Hawaii, located in an even bigger ocean. The island that former president Barack Obama tried to claim as his birthplace in his phony bid for citizenship.

Trump says that the mess in Puerto Rico is of the Puerto Ricansí own making. They let things go, and let systems run down, decay and break. They took the lazy way, and when the crisis came, they were unprepared, so they clearly deserve whatever level of human immiseration they now suffer. Whatís left of the federal government isnít going to save them. Trump is sending an important message here.

The message is that the United States, by tolerating the unprecedented change in political climate of the Trump presidency, is letting things go, letting systems run down, decay and break. We are taking the lazy way, and when our crisis comes, there wonít be any federal government left to save us.

The Trump White House is also an island, surrounded by an ocean of excusers and collaborators. A very big ocean.

So there sits Trump, exhaling a Category 5 gale of dysfunction and indifference to human suffering in Puerto Rico, blowing away the windows, roofs and walls of our norms of governing and simple decency. The so-called adults on the premises are doing us no favors in trying to contain the damage. It isnít being contained. It is quickly infiltrating everything it touches, like septic water, and the rot will ensure our institutions are already soggy and collapsing when we need them in the next storm.
    Wow, I could read your posts all day long. Fantastic take, fantastic prose.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by str8line View Post
    Wow, I could read your posts all day long. Fantastic take, fantastic prose.

Thanks, str8line, but credit where credit's due. That's Tom Toles of the Washington Post, from the article I linked to. The man does have a way with words, and it's important to tell it like it is.

Premium Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Thanks, str8line, but credit where credit's due. That's Tom Toles of the Washington Post, from the article I linked to. The man does have a way with words, and it's important to tell it like it is.
    Oh...yeah. Still love your take on things.
    Thanks Red thanked for this post
    Likes fishonjazz, Red liked this post

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Could you imagine how bad Korea would be? Donald can't even handle a little island storm. Imagine nuclear war on the Korean Peninsula!
    Get Educated

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    Rep Adjustment Power
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thriller View Post
    Could you imagine how bad Korea would be? Donald can't even handle a little island storm. Imagine nuclear war on the Korean Peninsula!
    Even if it didn't go nuclear a new Korean war is a catastrophe. Millions will die. Possibly with in a few days. Then the chance it goes nuclear...?
    #BelieveInLindsey #BelieveInSnyder