Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member AtheistPreacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Claremont, CA
    Posts
    935
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    2787
    Rep Adjustment Power
    35

    And Jesus Said Unto Them, "And Whom Do You Say That I Am?"

    I have no idea where this came from, but I saw it on numerous places on teh interwebs and thought it was hilarious, had to post it:

    And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"
    They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."
    And Jesus replied, "What?"


    Proving conclusively that a lot of theologians are useless and have no concept of actual life.
    "Yeah, I got a way to defend it. Bring a bat to the game and kill one of them."
    -Nick Van Exel, on defending the Stockton-Malone Pick & Roll


  2. #2
    Freelance Sperm Donor Siro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    11,964
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    41129
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    I'm going to have to agree with Jesus.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    1,337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    1216
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    This goes right with Jesus in the Qur'an, he was a prophet. Nothing less or nothing more.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,514
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19120
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This goes right with Jesus in the Qur'an, he was a prophet. Nothing less or nothing more.
    You are aware that you're doing more to hurt your religion than help it right? You don't win converts by attacking another faith.

  5. #5
    Senior Member dalamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    #TheReturn
    Posts
    22,534
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    69653
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Hantlers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You are aware that you're doing more to hurt your religion than help it right? You don't win converts by attacking another faith.
    Sigh.



    Maybe he'll get it one day. I have only been telling him this, pretty much from his first post on this board. I feel like he feels the need to justify his conversion, by putting down any alternative faith- when really, theres no need in doing so. Choose a faith that suits you best, or that helps you become the best person that you can possibly be, and respect the decisions of others.

    Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)? The reason that I am a Muslim is because I feel like it is the faith that best suits me to becoming the best person that I can possibly be. If someone feels that Mormonism does a better job at this, then wonderful To each his own. It shocks me that people feel the need to put down something that isn't in agreeance with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I ****s with the Rally Churro heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Dalamon might go down as the worst Jazz fan ever.

    First he cursed us with Trey Burke. Now he's trying to nickname Favors a transsexual. Among many other fan crimes.




    *confirmed*

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,514
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    19120
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sigh.



    Maybe he'll get it one day. I have only been telling him this, pretty much from his first post on this board. I feel like he feels the need to justify his conversion, by putting down any alternative faith- when really, theres no need in doing so. Choose a faith that suits you best, or that helps you become the best person that you can possibly be, and respect the decisions of others.

    Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)? The reason that I am a Muslim is because I feel like it is the faith that best suits me to becoming the best person that I can possibly be. If someone feels that Mormonism does a better job at this, then wonderful To each his own. It shocks me that people feel the need to put down something that isn't in agreeance with them.
    I agree with what you're saying here...I mean, I'll be honest, I don't agree with your religion. However I don't have any right to insult your religion. I will gladly explain what I believe in and why I believe in it, but there's no reason for me to judge you for what you believe in, because in the end, according to my beliefs I am not the final Judge. I just want you to know I appreciate you and your posts Dalamon...you're a good guy.

  7. #7
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    32,779
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52324
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    For me personally if your religion is helping you be a better person and teaching you noble ideals then you are doing it right. If it teaches you to hate, despise or think less of others you are doing it wrong.

  8. #8
    All Around Nice Guy colton's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    9,664
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    20008
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by dalamon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who am I to not respect an entire religion, if it has turned out so much caring, virtuous, well-meaning people (like many that I encounter on this board)
    Are you reading the same board as the rest of us? ;-)
    "Wherefore, do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your labor for that which cannot satisfy." --2 Nephi 9:51

    :-)

  9. #9
    Senior Member Beantown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look outside your window
    Posts
    7,698
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    6594
    Rep Adjustment Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Swordsman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This goes right with Jesus in the Qur'an, he was a prophet. Nothing less or nothing more.
    The same book that has parents killing their teenage daughters, hanging and stoning homosexuals and Christians and flying planes into buildings?

    Cool story bro.

  10. #10
    Modstapo Stoked's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Southern Utah
    Posts
    32,779
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    52324
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The same book that has parents killing their teenage daughters, hanging and stoning homosexuals and Christians and flying planes into buildings?

    Cool story bro.
    The book does not having people doing that. Dumbass murderers have people doing that

  11. #11
    Senior Member dalamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    #TheReturn
    Posts
    22,534
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    69653
    Rep Adjustment Power
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The same book that has parents killing their teenage daughters, hanging and stoning homosexuals and Christians and flying planes into buildings?

    Cool story bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I ****s with the Rally Churro heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    Dalamon might go down as the worst Jazz fan ever.

    First he cursed us with Trey Burke. Now he's trying to nickname Favors a transsexual. Among many other fan crimes.




    *confirmed*

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AtheistPreacher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have no idea where this came from, but I saw it on numerous places on teh interwebs and thought it was hilarious, had to post it:

    And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"
    They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."
    And Jesus replied, "What?"


    Proving conclusively that a lot of theologians are useless and have no concept of actual life.
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

    I owe you.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    13,882
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    7792
    Rep Adjustment Power
    53
    i met jesus once at the wallmart, he stood there looking for work. surrounded by other mexicans
    01-21-2013
    I, HeavenHarris, hereby pledge to my fellow JFC'rs that I will no longer give out neg-reps. All it does is cause negative things, like fights, drama, bitching, ill will, bad feelings, etc.
    Love, not hate, is the answer bros and moes.

    LOL Lol breaks his pledge 5 days later hahahaha

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tabor Heights
    Posts
    12,425
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    4891
    Rep Adjustment Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DutchJazzer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i met jesus once at the wallmart, he stood there looking for work. surrounded by other mexicans
    So you're saying Jesus was a Mexican?

  15. #15
    Free at last!!! bigb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Outside Gobert's bedroom window...
    Posts
    8,076
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Total Rep Points
    15989
    Rep Adjustment Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So you're saying Jesus was a Mexican?
    Not all the ones I met on my mission. They were Hondurans. I met a **** load of Mary's and Jose's as well (often times married to each other).
    ​Gobert or go home


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are a community of Utah JazzFanz that are passionate about our team. We celebrate the highs that come with last second heroics and (some of us) cry in defeat. Welcome to our community. Be respectful of others and join in to the conversation...
Join us