What's new

2019 Annual Jazzfanz Current Players NBA Draft - Round 1, Match 3 - Wes Mantooth vs silesian

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gandalfe

Which team would win in a 7 game series?

Wes Mantooth:
Chris Paul-Landry Shamet
Victor Oladipo-Klay Thompson
Kawhi Leonard-Rudy Gay
Kevin Love-Al-Farouq Aminu
Nikola Vucevic-Dewayne Dedmon

silesian:
Eric Bledsoe, Marcus Smart
D’Angelo Russel, Derrick White
Pascal Siakam, Kyle Anderson
Kristaps Porziņģis, Domantas Sabonis,
Joel Embiid, Hassan Whiteside

Wes Mantooth:

Chris Paul-Landry Shamet
Victor Oladipo-Klay Thompson
Kawhi Leonard-Rudy Gay
Kevin Love-Al-Farouq Aminu
Nikola Vucevic-Dewayne Dedmon

Unbelievable rebounding 1-5. Unbelievable shooting as well based on their last full seasons.
Paul: 35.8%
Shamet:42.2%
Oladipo: 37.1%
Thompson: 40.2%
Leonard: 37.1%
Gay: 40.2%
Love: 41.5%
Aminu: 34.3%
Vucevic: 36.4%
Dedmon: 38.2%

Seriously, not one of these guys can be left alone. They can all drill threes. If someone is behind on the rotation or doubles, one of the massive bigs can grab an offensive rebound or get the ball via pass and score down low...and good luck with that brute size. Oh yeah, I can play some defense too. Paul, Oladipo, Thompson, Kawhi, even Gay, Aminu, Vucevic and Dedmon even.

I’ll leave this as a parting note. The Magic were 20-31 on January 29th last year. From then on, they had the third best record in the NBA and these stats.

January 29th till April 8th
STATISTIC 1/30-4/8 LEAGUE RANK
STATISTIC 1/30-4/8 LEAGUE RANK
Off Rtg. 111.9 10th
Def. Rtg. 104.3 1st
Net Rtg. 7.6 4th
Ast. % 65.1 5th
Reb. % 52 3rd
Pace 99.6 20th
TS% 56.4 11th

Vucevic is the main reason guy. People forget how great he is.

And oh yeah, regarding any concern about the shooting guard position, Shamet is versatile and can play the 2. Even Kawhi could for stints as well. But Oladipo should be back by December.

silesian:
Eric Bledsoe, Marcus Smart
D’Angelo Russel, Derrick White
Pascal Siakam, Kyle Anderson
Kristaps Porziņģis, Domantas Sabonis,
Joel Embiid, Hassan Whiteside

My philosophy is simple:
You can't stop my generational unicorn dominant bigs
Best defense in contest: There is a lid on the rim and you won't get open looks (both first team all nba defense guards)

Who cares???
3rd thread to discuss the same thing as the first thread discussing the same thing. Why not just take the first thing and continue the same thing on the first thing? You needed to discuss these things on a 2nd and 3rd thread, when the 1st thread clearly already involves the things of the 2nd and 3rd, but you still wanted to take those things into new threads of the same things??

Kevin Love and Vuc are going to guard Embiid and Porzingis? This is a complete mismatch even if he had healthy players.

Y’all who vote for Wes are going to look silly come year end.

Who cares???
3rd thread to discuss the same thing as the first thread discussing the same thing. Why not just take the first thing and continue the same thing on the first thing? You needed to discuss these things on a 2nd and 3rd thread, when the 1st thread clearly already involves the things of the 2nd and 3rd, but you still wanted to take those things into new threads of the same things??
You must be new here.

That and I’m better at 4 of 5 starting spots imo.

Saikam >>>>>>>>>>>> Love. You know it
Embiid>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vuc. You know it
Unless you are bringing back 2014 CP3, you have two gimps and a dude on the decline, plus a an unproven youngster.

I have 4>5

My defense is far superior. Voters are just as dumb as the coaches who keep Gobert off the allstar game.

This matchup is completely lobsided.

No scoring on your bench. That’s a big thing with me. That’s where you lose.

People tend to forget that playoffs go with 8 man rotations. second units do not exist. Embiid or Porzingis will be on the floor at all times and he has no one who can stop them.

Saikam >>>>>>>>>>>> Love. You know it
Embiid>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vuc. You know it
Unless you are bringing back 2014 CP3, you have two gimps and a dude on the decline, plus a an unproven youngster.

I have 4>5

My defense is far superior. Voters are just as dumb as the coaches who keep Gobert off the allstar game.

This matchup is completely lobsided.

Uh, you have Siakam at the 3. Leonard blows him away. And Love is better than Porzingis who to this point hasn’t proven jack.

Uh, you have Siakam at the 3. Leonard blows him away. And Love is better than Porzingis who to this point hasn’t proven jack.

Why so Focused on starting lineup positions? They’ll both play some 4. Porzingis is better than siakam, who is better than love. Love used to be great, now he is mediocre. My bigs will dominate your team and you know it.

Your team is a combination of end of career guys and the walking wounded. You made a big deal out of Vuc but he is realistically top 10-15 center in a 14 team league. Meaning he was a decent pickup if you grabbed him in the 9th or 10th round.

Siakam at 3 sucks and silesian has poor spacing but Wes' team has negative rim protection. Porzingis and Embiid is too dominant and Wes' only option to stop them is Dedmon.

Easy silesian.

Last edited:
Siakam at 3 sucks and silesian is poor but Wes' team has negative rim protection. Porzingis and Embiid is too dominant and Wes only option to stop them is Dedmon.

Easy silesian.

Finally a little common sense.

With his length and athleticism Siakam would be an elite three. People anchor on what they see and have a hard time imagining anything else. He has proven he can defend the 2-5.

Finally a little common sense.

With his length and athleticism Siakam would be an elite three. People anchor on what they see and have a hard time imagining anything else. He has proven he can defend the 2-5.

I like to imagine different line-ups, I would love your team if you had a 3 who can shoot a little bit and defend multiple positions like Mo Harkless. But for this matchup you would dominate the paint and could pull Vucevic out with Embiid's and Porzingis 3pt shooting.

And I didn't mean to say you were poor just you had poor spacing, lol.

I like to imagine different line-ups, I would love your team if you had a 3 who can ..... defend multiple positions like Mo Harkless.

Siakam is one of the best switching big men in the league. The Ringer gets it. "More importantly, he’s a star killer on defense who can guard (and actually stop) multiple positions. Those unfamiliar with Siakam will soon learn that, in his own words, everyone can get it." https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/3/29/18285580/podium-guys-pascal-siakam-toronto-raptors

Siakam is one of the best switching big men in the league. The Ringer gets it. "More importantly, he’s a star killer on defense who can guard (and actually stop) multiple positions. Those unfamiliar with Siakam will soon learn that, in his own words, everyone can get it." https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/3/29/18285580/podium-guys-pascal-siakam-toronto-raptors
Oh I love Siakam, he was my target but offensively, with his lack of consistent shooting, he works better as a 4. I have no doubts about his defense.

Oh I love Siakam, he was my target but offensively, with his lack of consistent shooting, he works better as a 4. I have no doubts about his defense.

41% from corner 3. That’s why he creates spacing. Shooting gets better all the time. He could be the next Greek freak