What's new

2019 Annual Jazzfanz Legends NBA Draft - Round 1, Match 1 - silesian vs Wes Mantooth

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gandalfe

Who would win in a 7 game series?

silesian:

PG: Maurice Cheeks/Isiah Thomas
SG: Andrew Toney/Joe Dumars
SF: Julius Erving/Mark Aguirre
PF: Bobby Jones/Dennis Rodman
C: Moses Malone/Bill Lambeer

Wes Mantooth:

PG: Chauncy Billups/Tim Hardaway
SG: Manu Ginobili/Drazen Petrović
SF: Scottie Pippen/Paul Pierce
PF: Charles Barkley/Chris Webber
C: Hakeem Olajuwon/Bill Walton

Silesian:

Two of the top 10 NBA Teams of All Time on one roster

The other 7 teams cannot beat my A Team, the 65 win 1982-83 Philadelphia. Four Hall of Famers, Three first team All NBA Defense, and Fo-Fo-Fo, 14-1 and swept the Lakers in finals

6521-e2e4fbdd8b42b8e4938bc3ea6c007c77.jpg
6522-79c1a87434cf6f7c9210cfada700fab7.jpg
6523-feda00b3fce46a931f5300892e0cf678.jpg

Moses Malone
Julius Erving
Bobby Jones
Maurice Cheeks
Andrew Toney

Other teams cannot beat my First Team, the 1988-90 Bad Boy Pistons: 2 time NBA champs, 59 and 63 win seasons. 3 Hall of Famers, a top defensive team in NBA history. Swept the Lakers in finals

6525-e3a686622534f5ee0e5a562a65142037.jpg
6524-fbe6e98b64310dd7f1969f75e3946939.jpg
6526-46ce328e4e8c601672efa1a67aba69f6.jpg

Isiah Thomas
Joe Dumars
Dennis Rodman
Bill Laimbeer
Mark Aguirre

I’ve got an A Team and a First Team who are blended perfectly with built-in chemistry and fit, established leaders, 8 hall of famers, elite scorers and elite role players (that other teams don’t have), in combinations that have won rings.

Others have a hodgepodge of players that may or may not have any fit or have chemistry. Tons of guys who need the ball to be effective aren’t going to have the ball.
They are gonna' lose.

PS: Dennis Rodman is probably my third best defender behind Bobby Jones and Joe Dumars. Oh and NBA All Defense Mo Cheeks, Moses Malone. With five First-team All-NBA defenders, this would be the best defensive team in NBA history.

Wes Mantooth:

Billups-Tim Hardaway
Ginobili-Petrović
Pippen-Pierce
Barkley-Webber
Olajuwon-Walton

I don’t need to say a whole lot as everyone here knows how great most of my players were. Some we forget. So I’ll point out a few things of note:
1. Ginobili is 5th all-time in postseason three pointers behind Curry, Allen, Klay, and Lebron. He was prolific.
2. Walton had a crazy short career yet at certain points in certain seasons, won an NBA MVP, was first team all-defense, led the league in rebounding, led the league in blocks, and averaged 5.0 assists per game. He also did not lose a game for five straight years at one point, from the middle of his junior year in high school to the middle of his senior year in college. He was that great of a player and that great of a winner. Some are each, not many have the ability to be elite at both. Bill Simmons said no center in history had a greater effect on teammates. He also said that if aliens came to Earth and we needed to assemble a team of the five greatest basketball players to save us and our planet, Walton would be one of the five. He was that dominant.
3. Petrović shot 43.7% from three for his career. Yep, that great a shooter. And in that brief career he still had two seasons scoring 20.0+ per game. He wasn’t just a spot up shooter. He was an offensive stud.

I really appreciate what silesian did, putting together real world teams. That being said, it did require him to draft people who have never been picked in these drafts before, even with double the participants. And your 2 best players are on the bench.

I don’t know the other teams but looks like Wes has this tournament in his pocket. Darn mighty roster as heck.

I really appreciate what silesian did, putting together real world teams. That being said, it did require him to draft people who have never been picked in these drafts before, even with double the participants. And your 2 best players are on the bench.

They are not on the bench. Please read my writeup.

I know no one will vote for my team. You will vote for the all star team instead of the one that would win a series due to balance, roles, defense, and more than ample scoring.

Y’all will instead pick the team that has extra extra extra scorers, beyond diminishing returns what is necessary to win.

I knew this going in but decided to have fun with it.

And just to reiterate, the sixers are not starters and the pistons are not on the bench. There are two proven units and they play together. The units that match up best will get more minutes.

Don’t get me wrong. A vote for Wes means he would win in a 7-game series. Not every game. Of course you would win games too. It would be 2-4 or 3-4. 2-4.