What's new

2019 Annual Jazzfanz Legends NBA Draft - Round 1, Match 2 - tfivas vs Thee Jazz Fan

Who would win in a 7 game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gandalfe

Who would win in a 7 game series?

tfivas:

PG: Jason Kidd/Pete Maravich
SG: Ray Allen/Chris Mullin
SF: Dominique Wilkins/Ron Artest
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Chris Bosh
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Robert Parish

Thee Jazz Fan:

PG: Gary Payton/Rod Strickland
SG: Reggie Miller/Tracy McGrady
SF: Larry Bird/Clyde Drexler
PF: Kevin Garnett/Shawn Marion
C: Patrick Ewing/Alonzo Mourning

tfivas:

PG: Jason Kidd/Pete Maravich
SG: Ray Allen/Chris Mullin
SF: Dominique Wilkins/Ron Artest
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Chris Bosh
C: Shaquille O'Neal/Robert Parish

Thee Jazz Fan:

Gary Payton / Rod Strickland
Reggie Miller / Tracy McGrady
Larry Bird / Clyde Drexler
Kevin Garnett / Shawn Marion
Patrick Ewing / Alonzo Mourning

Vs.

C - Shaq / Robert Parish
PF - Dirk Nowitzki / Chris Bosh
SF - Dominique Wilkins / Ron Artest
SG - Ray Allen / Chris Mullin
PG - Jason Kidd / Pistol Pete

First off, I had planned on starting Garnett at C and Bird as the new age pf but facing Shaw changes that. As it is I have two of the top elite c’s from the 90’s that I can rotate in and out to give Shaq problems. Both are elite physical defenders in the post. I will still put Garnett as C from time to time, but not on Shaq.

Offense. My offense is centered around the legend, Larry Legend he has one of the most instinctual games the NBA has ever seen, which is why I made him the second pick in the draft. He does it all. He can handle the ball, pass shoot and take it to the hole and make everyone around him better, taking pressure off of Payton to allow him to play smothering defense.

Go look and compare the stats to Larry Legend Bird and LeBron King James. lol kings were once princes, LBJ was prince to the Legends King.

Larry Legend in my opinion is better than LeBron James. (recency bias) He was every bit the passer LBJ was. LBJ averaged only one more assist but while monopolizing the ball a lot more, Bird was every bit the stat stuffer LBJ was. Was every bit as good a shot blocker LBJ was, every bit as smart as LBJ is on the court, and every bit the defender LBJ was. And finished every bit as well as LBJ. Bird was by far the better rebounder, 10 rebounds for his career to LBJ’s 7. Bird was the better shooter, closer, and more clutch. Bird always had to go over Magic’s showtime lakers to get his rings.

This Video explains perfectly why my team is better than Tfivas’s team

Defense

Every single starter on my squad is an elite defender. Gary the Glove Payton is perhaps the greatest one on one defender the league has ever seen. The Glove is the only PG who has won DPOY.

Payton defensive highlights

Payton defensive breakdown

Reggie Miller
Reggie Miller was simply a winner and one of the best clutch performers, and shooters. He would do whatever it took to win, be it his game on the court or his antics on the court and getting under his opponents skin.

Kevin Garnett
Garnett played the game every day like it was his last day on earth, he is a matchup nightmare for Dirk.

My bench features two of the best sg’s in nba history who were elite scorers. One of the great do everything players in The matrix an underrated pg who was a good defender, and Zo, who sacrificed so much to play the game he loved

My team will win because of its ultimate combined competitive fire, each would push the other to be even greater, and trash talk the hell out of the other team, Artest won’t last 5 minutes!

This would be a fun team to watch.

This was really tough for me. I voted for Thee primarily because tfivas’ frontcourt defense is pretty damn shaky. But these teams are super close and the 8-2 vote count to this point is not indicative of just how even this matchup is imo.

This is really close. Since Wes indicated how the voting was going I voted for Teefevas to even it up.