PF - Karl Malone
C - Rudy Gobert

PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Jeff Hornacek
SF - Joe Johnson
PF - Andre Kirilenko
C - Joel Embiid

Troat Guru's write-up

I see my team like a living being, it change and transform and nothing can stop it.

As point guards I have selected:

J-Kidd, the brain of my team and a very strong defender (9xAll-Defensive team, not so bad...);
Kyle Lowry good 3-point shooter who know the way towards the Larry O'Brien Championship Trophy, not a bad bench player at all.

As shooting guards I have:

Joe Dumars, my own personal pit bull who will bite the best opponent player's ankles as long as he will rise the white flag;
Iceman, alias George Gervin, the only player with King James who avarage in his whole career 25+ points shooting over 50%+ from the field...not human, and very underrated (by the way once he made 63 points in 33 minutes...actually not something that happens on a dayly basis)

Small forwards:

Julius "Doctor J" Erving one of the most dynamic dunkers of all time. He won a combined three NBA and ABA championships, as well as a combined four NBA and ABA MVP awards. “Dr. J” was really a magician on the court...actually he set the standard for future players with his type of athleticism;
Chris Mullin, dream teamer, one of the greatest shooters of any generation...nothing else to add.

Talking about power forwards and center I will turn my player a lot
Even though my starters will be:
PF: Pau Gasol (bench J.Worthy)
C: "The Admiral" (bench Kevin Love)
you will probably see these two main combinations:

PF:Kevin Love (good 3-point shooter, let the painted area free—in his prime he had 31points-31rebounds)
C: The Admiral (no ads)

PF:Big Game James (underrated, clutch player)
C:Pau Gasol (no ads)

To sum up I think my team is pretty solid and balanced both in offence (...everyone...) and in defence (Kidd, Dumars, the admiral,Dr J...) and IMO they will fit well each others.

Very tough for me. I think, with his length, Gasol could pose some problems for Malone. Gotta think about it.

PG: J-Kidd // Kyle Lowry
SG: Joe Dumars // George Gervin
SF: Julius "Dr. J" Erving // Chris Mullin
PF: Pau Gasol // J.Worthy // Kevin Love
C: "The Admiral" // Pau Gasol // Kevin Love
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Drazen Petrovic
SF - John Havlicek
PF - Karl Malone
C - Rudy Gobert

PG - Kyrie Irving
SG - Jeff Hornacek
SF - Joe Johnson
PF - Andre Kirilenko
C - Joel Embiid

This one is really close as well. PG positions is pretty even to me. I think Log has a slight advantage at the bigs spot, but it could go either way. Malone is a beast and I am not sure Pau could handle that kind of physicality. But Pau is a tough cover for Malone but I think Malone and Rudy could swap on defense and Rudy could really be trouble for Pau. I like Rudy but I am taking David Robinson over him easily. The tipping point for me is the SF/SG spot Troat guru has a big advantage. Drazen was okay but never really hit his stride in the NBA and I am not sure Havicek can hang with Dr J. Both are fun teams, the more I write it out the more I think Troat has a better team. Now I am going back I think Pau/Robinson is better than Malone/Gobert.

Well, Imo our starters are really close but I think the bench make the real and big difference...if you know something about old nba players you have to know how Gervin-Mullin-Worthy are good.
Robinson+Pau > Malone + Gobert no doubts! I like both Rudy and Karl but men, use your brain (Robinson+Pau) and not your heart (Jazzmen Karl+Gobert)!!
I can't belive how Log could beat me in a 7 game series...4-2 Troat hands down;)

Last edited:
I went with Troat. His entire starting lineup consists of starters on NBA champions. Log only has Havlicek in his starting five who can claim such and we have no idea how he’d perform in this.

I went with Troat. His entire starting lineup consists of starters on NBA champions. Log only has Havlicek in his starting five who can claim such and we have no idea how he’d perform in this.
Havlicek was the best player in only 8 finals so I guess that's a concern. :rolleyes:

I built a team of hungry top flight players with strong alphas and solid support. There are no holes. Every lineup has everything needed. Remember until Tim Duncan Malone's jazz usually dominated Robinson's Spurs. Troat built a nice team with some of the 2nd and 3rd best players on their respective teams. Not enough to match up I'm afraid. I can match at any position and put combos on the floor he can't handle. Havlicek can play the point, he was the first point forward really. So I can go extreme big with Havlicek, AK, who can guard any position, embiid Malone and Gobert, if what is needed is bruising post play and crushing interior D. Switch that all around with embiid at C, Malone and then mix and match Irving, horny, Petrovic, Paul, etc to go small with stellar D at every position and floor stretching 3 pt ability. Troats team will struggle in the modern version of the NBA, while my yeah can cross generations and excel at it all. Troat might be able to push this to 6 games but I'd likely win in 5.

Reactions: MVP
Havlicek was the best player in only 8 finals so I guess that's a concern. :rolleyes:

I built a team of hungry top flight players with strong alphas and solid support. There are no holes. Every lineup has everything needed. Remember until Tim Duncan Malone's jazz usually dominated Robinson's Spurs. Troat built a nice team with some of the 2nd and 3rd best players on their respective teams. Not enough to match up I'm afraid. I can match at any position and put combos on the floor he can't handle. Havlicek can play the point, he was the first point forward really. So I can go extreme big with Havlicek, AK, who can guard any position, embiid Malone and Gobert, if what is needed is bruising post play and crushing interior D. Switch that all around with embiid at C, Malone and then mix and match Irving, horny, Petrovic, Paul, etc to go small with stellar D at every position and floor stretching 3 pt ability. Troats team will struggle in the modern version of the NBA, while my yeah can cross generations and excel at it all. Troat might be able to push this to 6 games but I'd likely win in 5.

Havlicek won 8 Finals MVP’s and was better than Russell?

I do like Log’s bench more. Embiid would destroy Love. To the point his bench should outscore Troat’s by 10 when they’re on the floor.

Edit: I read Troat’s write-up. Very good. Succinct but added legit value and he mentioned how he’ll use his bigs.

Havlicek won 8 Finals MVP’s and was better than Russell?
Best player and winning finals MVP are not always the same. Was iguodala the best player on the warriors in 2015? He was just deemed most valuable in the finals alone. Curry was still far and away the best player on that team.

https://www.nba.com/history/legends/profiles/john-havlicek

On stamina alone, he'd be among the top players who ever played the game," longtime New York Knicks coach Red Holzman once said of John "Hondo" Havlicek. "It would've been fair to those who had to play him or those who had to coach against him if he had been blessed only with his inhuman endurance. God had to compound it by making him a good scorer, smart ballhandler and intelligent defensive player with quickness of mind, hands and feet."

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-26_7-29-3.gif
    upload_2020-5-26_7-29-3.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 1
Robinson+Pau > Malone + Gobert no doubts! I like both Rudy and Karl but men, use your brain
Not sure how to respond to this. Malone routinely destroyed Robinson individually and as a team. Lol. Rudy on top of that? Ok, whatever.
This is the dumbest argument ever, and my team has mostly champions. If Stockton and Malone had the team around them that basically every championship team had, they’d have multiple rings. Titles are nice but doesn’t make an individual player any more gifted and talented. Basically every title holding star has rings because the talent around them was top notch. Stockton and Malone never had that along with others. Dominique Wilkins is a good example of this as well.

The more I look at it, the easier a win I think it would be for team Troat.

Troat has MUCH more talent. (8 HOF players VS 3). [I consider Pau and Paul HOF players]
Troat has MUCH more elite talent (6 players ranked in recent ESPN top 74 VS 3).
Troat has 2 MVP players (Dr. J & Robinson), plus 2 more players that were finals MVP (Dumars & Worthy) (only 1 of each for Log).

The fact that Troat can bring Gervin and Worthy, two top 50 players of all-time, off the bench is crazy.

Also, I think Troat's team would actually fit together and all of his starters had success as supporting players (i.e., the offense didn't have to be all about them).

Last edited:
Not sure how to respond to this. Malone routinely destroyed Robinson individually and as a team. Lol. Rudy on top of that? Ok, whatever.
Yeah Utah used to beat SAS and Karl is a bit better then David (but you have to consider that they were in different roles and especially different context), but you cannot tell me that Rudy > Pau at all. If you tell me that, sorry but you are totally astray!
Vote as a fair referee not as a utah fan!

Yeah Utah used to beat SAS and Karl is a bit better then David (but you have to consider that they were in different roles and especially different context), but you cannot tell me that Rudy > Pau at all. If you tell me that, sorry but you are totally astray!
Prime Rudy would basically negate Pau. You are implying Pau would destroy Rudy. Really? No way in hell. Plus I'd just let Pau try to cover embiid and let Malone beat up on Robinson as he usually did. The matchups are not favorable for your team, even though I really like your team. They should win second for sure.

Karl Malone was not only marginally better, but Malone destroyed both Duncan and Robinson in the playoffs. This isn’t jazz colored glasses. Knowing that, Pau would have to be way better than Gobert. Lmao. You’re the one looking through the rose colored glasses of your team, you’re the one being bias.

Karl Malone was not only marginally better, but Malone destroyed both Duncan and Robinson in the playoffs. This isn’t jazz colored glasses. Knowing that, Pau would have to be way better than Gobert. Lmao. You’re the one looking through the rose colored glasses of your team, you’re the one being bias.
Obviously I try to defend my team as strong as possible, what would you do in my place?
I find Log team very well-balanced and solid but despite of that I think I would win a 7 game series.