What's new

2020 Jazzfanz All 80’s and 90’s Era Draft. Round 1 Match: Team 7 vs Team 8.

Who would win in a 7 game series? Team 7 or Team 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

ATTENTION ALL JAZZFANZ VOTERS.... Listen to all arguments, you can and are welcome to change your vote based on arguments from competitors and others arguments. Your participation is welcomed.

Team 7
Jason Kidd - Dennis Johnson
Michael Jordan - Bernard King
Paul Pierce - Peja Stojakovic
Shawn Kemp - Detlef Schrempf
Tim Duncan - Jack Sikma

Team 7 writeup.
Jordan and Duncan are the best two players on the floor. Period. Jordan won six finals MVP’s in the range we’re during which we’re competing and Duncan won one.

Yes, my opponent has a very good team but he will struggle to score. He doesn’t have one player who we think of as a true number one scoring option. And Rodman is non-existent so far as that goes. So I’ll be playing 4-on-5 in that regard.

He’s also a subpar shooting team. I have Kidd who shot at over 35% a few years during that span, Jordan, Pierce who shot over 41% from 3 his lone year in the range we’re analyzing, Peja, Shrempf, and DJ.

Lastly as good defensively as my opponent is, mine is right there with him. Kidd, Jordan and Duncan are elite. Pierce was above average and very switchable. Kemp could fly out of nowhere with weak side d and swat shots.

But really at the end of the day, champions generally have the best players and I have the best two. They also need to have balance and my opponent’s team will just struggle to score too often.

Team 8.
David Robinson // Rick Smits
Dennis Rodman // Ralph Sampson
Scottie Pippen // Alex English
Sidney Moncrief // Ray Allen
Gary Payton // Stephan Marbury

No Team 8 writeup

Team 8 doesn’t have one guy who was the number one option on a team who won it all. Duncan was the number one option and Finals MVP when Robinson finally won a ring, and Pippen played second fiddle to Jordan and his six Finals MVP’s.

Team’s 8 defense looks really good but you also have to be able to score a lot when going against Jordan, Duncan, Kemp, Pierce, King and so on. I just don’t see how team 8 will be able to keep up. Especially since team 7 also has many elite defenders.

Team 8 doesn’t have one guy who was the number one option on a team who won it all. Duncan was the number one option and Finals MVP when Robinson finally won a ring, and Pippen played second fiddle to Jordan and his six Finals MVP’s.

Team’s 8 defense looks really good but you also have to be able to score a lot when going against Jordan, Duncan, Kemp, Pierce, King and so on. I just don’t see how team 8 will be able to keep up. Especially since team 7 also has many elite defenders.
I disagree with most of what you said. Team 8 has plenty of good to elite scorers.

I disagree with most of what you said. Team 8 has plenty of good to elite scorers.
Pierce is is a wide eyed kid in awe of these legends with little to no experience and mistake prone at his young age. I hate Kid next to Jordan. He’s irrelevant offensively unless he’s running the offense, but you can’t do that because of Jordan. Jordan takes away from Duncan due to Jordan playing in the post so much with all his iso post he runs. I also haven’t kept secret how much I hate Kemp.

in my opinion the other team has more offense and defense than Jordan’s team and that puts them over.

Pierce and Peja are awful picks. Taking two lockout year rookies and throwing them into games against stars in their prime? Going to get waxed.

Team 8 is pretty meh on offense. Not a lot of shooting, even by the eras standards.

This is a tough one.

Pierce and Peja are awful picks. Taking two lockout year rookies and throwing them into games against stars in their prime? Going to get waxed.

Team 8 is pretty meh on offense. Not a lot of shooting, even by the eras standards.

This is a tough one.

Yeah, Pierce was so bad as a rookie that he scored 16.5 points to go along with 6.4 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 1.7 steals and 1.0 blocks per game, while hitting 41.2% from three on 4.3 attempts per game. So far as rookies, yeah they always suck in the playoffs. Sam Cassell was atrocious.

Yeah. Bernard King only led the league in scoring one year. DJ is only recognized as one of the best sixth men ever. Sikma only averaged 19.6, 12.7, 3.4, 1.2, and 1.3 one season while being all-defensive second team. He really sucked.
Don’t worry though these mindless sheep will still vote you through because you have Mike.

It’s so weird how this board idolizes Jordan. Like any team with Jordan automatically is going to win right? Like he went 15 for 15 in his career for championships.

If any team is equipped to stop Jordan it’s Team 8.

Payton, Moncrief, Pippen and Rodman all taking turns guarding him.