What's new

2021 All-Time NBA Draft 2nd Round: Wes Mantooth vs Elizah Huge

Which team would win in a best of 7 playoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Team Wes Mantooth:

PG - John Stockton (94-95) / Walt Frazier (71-72)
SG - Drazen Petrovic (92-93) / Gilbert Arenas (05-06)
SF - Scottie Pippen (95-96) / Michael Cooper (85-86)
PF - LeBron James (12-13) / Rasheed Wallace (01-02)
C - Bill Russell (61-62) / Bill Walton (77-78)

Team Elizah Huge:

PG - Stephen Curry (15-16) / Tony Parker (08-09)
SG - Michael Jordan (95-96) / Dale Ellis (88-89)
SF - Dennis Rodman (91-92) / Bernard King (84-85)
PF - Chris Webber (00-01) / Andre Iguodala (11-12)
C - Tyson Chandler (11-12) / Zion Williamson (20-21)

Last edited:
The biggest reason I would win this series is because of the matchups defensively.

Rodman would be on LeBron like glue.
Jordan would shut Petrovic down.
Webber would be fine guarding Pippen.
Chandler would shut down Russell.
Curry would be put on Stockton.

Wes can't defend my team. He would literally get torched. He would not be able to guard a Curry/Jordan backcourt. I have put a mix of great defenders and scorers built around Curry and Jordan. I feel like I would win in 6 or 7 games. My team is bigger and better than his.

Team Wes Mantooth:

PG - John Stockton (94-95) / Walt Frazier (71-72)
SG - Drazen Petrovic (92-93) / Gilbert Arenas (05-06)
SF - Scottie Pippen (95-96) / Michael Cooper (85-86)
PF - LeBron James (12-13) / Rasheed Wallace (01-02)
C - Bill Russell (61-62) / Bill Walton (77-78)

Team White Chocolate:

PG - Stephen Curry (15-16) / Tony Parker (08-09)
SG - Michael Jordan (95-96) / Dale Ellis (88-89)
SF - Dennis Rodman (91-92) / Bernard King (84-85)
PF - Chris Webber (00-01) / Andre Iguodala (11-12)
C - Tyson Chandler (11-12) / Zion Williamson (20-21)
Where’s my team wrieup I sent you?

Lmao I have zero shot at winning with clowns like this voting. Yes, Petrovic is going to torch Jordan. Not like Jordan won a DPOY or anything. So annoying.
Jordan was amazing but his defensive prowess is so incredibly overrated. Phil Jackson said it clearly that Pippen was the best defender he ever saw. The best he ever coached.

Pippen never won a DPOY even though he was the best on their team. People will one day realize that MJ was as much a great player as he was part of the biggest marketing campaign of all time.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Jordan was amazing but his defensive prowess is so incredibly overrated. Phil Jackson said it clearly that Pippen was the best defender he ever saw. The best he ever coached.

Pippen never won a DPOY even though he was the best on their team. People will one day realize that MJ was as much a great player as he was part of the biggest marketing campaign of all time.

Ummmm, Jordan isn’t an overrated defender.

Trust me I’m not the biggest Jordan fan but DPOY and 9x All-Defensive First Team does not scream overrated defender to me.

So your going to ignore a 40 point game? Thing is people overlooked Petrovic because he died before he hit/ or right as he entered his prime. He was going to be one of the greats!! Period.

What does that have to do with anything? This is a hypothetical matchup and the year Wes chose he averaged 22/3/2. If you think that’s going to do anything against Jordan like I said I have zero shot with that clown logic.

This isn’t who could have had the best career. It is one year and the year Wes chose he’s a glorified JJ Redick.

Lmao I have zero shot at winning with clowns like this voting. Yes, Petrovic is going to torch Jordan. Not like Jordan won a DPOY or anything. So annoying.
You always have to remember with these that the actual Elijah Hughes is far far more athletic than Jordan, and of course was far more highly skilled in Jr. High than Jordan was in his MVP years, because you know the game is so so so much harder and tougher now with zero defense being allowed so offensive players can inflate their stats.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A.) Stockton vs. Curry would be amazing.
B.) Jordan smokes Petrovic in this thing. I love the guy, but he should be a bench player in this draft.
C.) Love Rodman as a 3/4 tbh. Especially with the Curry/Jordan combo. I think he gets tasked with slowing down Lebron, and prime Worm would’ve been fun to see in that matchup - even though King James is going to get “his”, he’s going to be whining and bitching all series.
D.) LeBron vs. Jordan is the matchup everyone is there for and MJ is still the Goat.
E.) Webber vs. Pippen is a fun matchup too.
F.) Bill Russell is a HUGE advantage for Wes, but I hate his fit on this team. Don’t know why. This is WC’s weakest point though. If he had a better starting center, his team would be way stronger.

Both benches are fairly equal in my eyes (kinda love the idea of Zion as a small ball center tbh.)

Both great teams. Love the matchup. WC has some issues with his front court, Wes with his backcourt. Ultimately, the firepower of Curry/Jordan is too much to ignore. Imagine either guy having the space that the other guy’s gravity creates. Dang.

So your going to ignore a 40 point game? Thing is people overlooked Petrovic because he died before he hit/ or right as he entered his prime. He was going to be one of the greats!! Period.
What does that have to do with anything? This is a hypothetical matchup and the year Wes chose he averaged 22/3/2. If you think that’s going to do anything against Jordan like I said I have zero shot with that clown logic.

This isn’t who could have had the best career. It is one year and the year Wes chose he’s a glorified JJ Redick.
I know your right, just I loved this guy when I was younger. Was talking with my 90’s fandom. He had the same competitive drive of a bird, Jordan or Magic and was a great trash talker, he was also an insane shooter. I remember the hurt I felt when I learned of his death. Such a tragedy, he was going to be big time, no doubt in my mind. Which is why I refuse to say he’d get blown out by Jordan. Petrovic really did get up for the big matchups though.

Ummmm, Jordan isn’t an overrated defender.
Phil Jackson said Pippen was the best defender in the league and he put Pippen on the other team's best player every 4th quarter.

If MJ wasn't the best defensive player on his own team, how could he be the DPOY?

Two reasons

- he led the league in steals because he got to play off the best player and play the passing lanes.

- because everything MJ ever did was highly overrated because the NBA needed to create a star when Magic and Bird faded out. Add in lucrative marketing deals with Nike, McDs, Gatorade, etc.

MJ was incredible but the dude is so overrated. Oh, and the NBA babied the **** out of him.

I'm not sure why anyone takes a very well known MJ hater serious on his takes about him.

That said this one's too close to call for me right now. Both teams have different advantages. Drazen shouldn't start in this. His career was cut short of doing much impactful on the league. This isn't a what if, he never got out of the first round in his two years as an impactful player. That isn't close to an all time great. But the rest of that starting unit is very elite with some solid bench players.