What's new

2022 NBA Draft Thread: We Going to Have a Pick! (lmao jk)

Do you want to post some of this. My subscription to The Athletic expired.
1Jabari Smith Jr., AuburnF196-10N/A
2Chet Holmgren, GonzagaC207-07-5
3Paolo Banchero, DukeF196-107-1
4Jaden Ivey, PurdueG206-4N/A
5Keegan Murray, IowaF216-86-11
6Bennedict Mathurin, ArizonaW206-6N/A
7Shaedon Sharpe, KentuckyW196-67-0
8A.J. Griffin, DukeF196-66-11
9Jeremy Sochan, BaylorF196-9N/A
10Dyson Daniels, G League EliteG196-7N/A
11Malaki Branham, Ohio StateW196-66-11
12Johnny Davis, WisconsinG206-4N/A
13Jalen Duren, MemphisF/C186-107-5
14Mark Williams, DukeC207-07-4
15TyTy Washington, KentuckyG206-36-9
16Ochai Agbaji, KansasW226-56-9
17Ousmane Dieng, New Zealand BreakersW196-10N/A

I believe in Chet. Moreover, I think you could use his rookie year as a means to focus on his strength and taking care of his body. So he has extra value for the tank.

I think the question marks might put him 3rd. If the Jazz can get a top-3 for Donovan (and some other ****), it would be hard for me not to pull the trigger.

A year ago, I really thought Roko Prkacin was the value-pick version of Franz Wagner, but he seems to have fallen off the map.

A year ago, I really thought Roko Prkacin was the value-pick version of Franz Wagner, but he seems to have fallen off the map.
Yeah, it's very strange to me.

I was never that high on him, but a lot of people who had him late lottery don't even have him top 60 this year (Sam doesnt even have him top 100).

I don't give a single **** about Paolo Banchero. The Julius Randle archetype is ***.
I’m not sure that’s the best comp. I think he will end up being better at the things that hold Randle back. Not sure if Griffin is a better comp but I’d hope he’d be closer to that.

I only watched a little and my issue is he seemed non existent on defense around the rim…

Cy said the pick will be 1-30. How so? Do we have our own pick and if so, isn’t it locked into place now that we’ve been eliminated? Or is the vague range an allusion to Spida or Gobert being traded?

The only guy I've seen the draft nerds talk about a lot is Terq, but I honestly haven't been following that scene very much.

Scanning the numbers, Tari Eason stands out. Didn't know he existed 10 minutes ago, but I'm board. 6'8 forward. Rank 18 on Vecenie's big board. Came off the bench for LSU and only played 24.4 MPG, but is per40 is insane:

27.7/10.8/1.6/3.2/1.8

Shot 36% from on 3.9 attempts per40. High free throw rate and shot 80% from the line

Scanning the numbers, Tari Eason stands out. Didn't know he existed 10 minutes ago, but I'm board. 6'8 forward. Rank 18 on Vecenie's big board. Came off the bench for LSU and only played 24.4 MPG, but is per40 is insane:

27.7/10.8/1.6/3.2/1.8

Shot 36% from on 3.9 attempts per40. High free throw rate and shot 80% from the line

He's a guy who will likely rise into the lottery by the time of the draft, similar to Patrick Williams. Athleticism and defense are pluses, and he has a lot of offensive upside. The fact that he's a bit older is probably the only thing that pushes him to the end of the lottery, imo.

Edit: Geez, you're right. Some of his advanced stats are off the charts.

Last edited:
Lets be honest, we dont like Paolo just because he fits the archetype/look of some top 5 dudes who have failed in the past. He's probably really ****ing good.

Yeah, there could be something to this for me. It's partly the Duke connection, like Jabari Parker. He's a 4, and maybe he'll do just fine. I just watched him against UNC, and he wasn't able to get much space for himself due to being a bit slow-footed.

Cy said the pick will be 1-30. How so? Do we have our own pick and if so, isn’t it locked into place now that we’ve been eliminated? Or is the vague range an allusion to Spida or Gobert being traded?

Someone is getting traded and we’re getting a pick in this draft back.

He is really ****ing good. Not sure I get the Randle or Griffin comps at all.
What winning player is the comp, then? PF that doesn’t defend and isn’t a good spacer; what is a good team supposed to do with that?

Of course, he could improve in both respects. That’s the path to winning.