What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I’m still a Wembanyama skeptic, we’lol see how he plays this year but I can’t call him generational, the best prospect ever, or whatever else people are calling him.

I think he’s the real deal as a defensive prospect, but as far as his offensive game, he is generational in how unique he is but not necessarily how good he is. He plays like Porzingis if Porzingis was a bad shooter.

I’m still a Wembanyama skeptic, we’lol see how he plays this year but I can’t call him generational, the best prospect ever, or whatever else people are calling him.

I think he’s the real deal as a defensive prospect, but as far as his offensive game, he is generational in how unique he is but not necessarily how good he is. He plays like Porzingis if Porzingis was a bad shooter.
Yeah I thought about Porzingis without Porz's strength, which isn't saying much.

Yeah I thought about Porzingis without Porz's strength, which isn't saying much.

He is very Rudy like on defense, and you can't take that away from Wemby, but this 7'3 Durant stuff is getting out of hand. We're not even sure if he can shoot well, what we do know is that he's never shot it well before.

He is very Rudy like on defense, and you can't take that away from Wemby, but this 7'3 Durant stuff is getting out of hand. We're not even sure if he can shoot well, what we do know is that he's never shot it well before.
Yeah I thought I saw he shot like 26% from 3 on low volume, yet the highlights show a bunch of 3 point shots. Not sure that is being represented accurately.

Yeah I thought I saw he shot like 26% from 3 on low volume, yet the highlights show a bunch of 3 point shots. Not sure that is being represented accurately.

Everyone looks great when they only show the makes haha. Some of the comparisons made are crazy. KAJ, Durant, passes like Jokic….in reality he’s got very little offensive game inside the paint, hasn’t shot the ball well ever, and also doesn’t pass. We’ll see how he does next season, but there’s this sentiment out there that he’s amazing at things he’s simply not been good at. It’s not normal to advertise a 26% 3 point shooter and 68% FT shooter as a great shooter. If those numbers change, I’ll also change my opinion. But until then I’m going to be skeptical he’s going to be a good shooter at all.

Scoot Henderson on the other hand, I really see it. I think he deserves all the hype Jaden Ivey was getting this year. He is very much the Rose/Morant archetype. Good size, explosive, and true lead ball handler playmaker (which could not be said for Ivey at Purdue). I’m very interested to see how his next season in the G-League goes. If he can shoot it better, he is one of the better PG prospects to come around in awhile.

I’m not ready to say he’s ahead of Wemby, but instead of the 99/1 ratio that’s going on, I’d probably have it 50/35/15. Wemby/Scoot/Other as who will be the best prospect. Will need to do more research on the twins and other prospects.

The more I watch GG Jackson, the more I think he could be a franchise player. I think he's going to get into the top 5. Outside of Victor, he could be the guy we want. Then get Anthony Black, Nick Smith or one of the Thompsons later in the lottery to be a lead guard.
The Thompson twins scare me personally.

Who are the 6’8-6’9 super long guys who can a bit of everything? Think Siakam. Because I want someone with that potential.
Leonard Miller (6'10 211, 7'2 WS), G-League Ignite
Baba Miller (6'10 210, 7'4 WS), Florida State
Brandon Miller (6'9 200, 7'2 WS), Alabama

A few recent mocks have us landing...

USA Today: Dereck Lively (#12), Dillon Mitchell (#18), Gradey D!ck (#23)
TheAthletic: Carson Wallace (#9), Amari Bailey (#17), Julian Strawther (#23)

Assuming we have something like 8-10, 16-18, and 20-24 I think my ideal scenario would be:
Keyonte George, Baba Miller/Leonard Miller, and Kyle Filipowski

My second 2023 mock draft.

1. Houston: Victor Wembanyama | C | France
2. San Antonio: Scoot Henderson | PG | G-League
3. Indiana: Cam Whitmore | GF | Villanova
4. Oklahoma City: Nick Smith | CG | Arkansas
5. Detroit: GG Jackson | F | South Carolina
6. Orlando: Dariq Whitehead | GF | Duke
7. Sacramento: Ausar Thompson | GF | OTE
8. Washington: Anthony Black | PG | Arkansas
9. Charlotte: Amen Thompson | GF | OTE
10. Utah: Keyonte George | GF | Baylor