What's new

2023 NBA Draft Megathread

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up winning the lottery and then moving out of the #1 overall slot on draft night. Seems like something Danny would do.
Well, if he sees Vic as the best player, I don’t think he will. He only traded out of the first pick before because he saw Tatum as the best player in the draft and I guess it was common knowledge that Fultz was viewed as the top prospect for whatever reason, and he knew Lakers wanted Ball.

So if Vic is his guy I don’t see him trading out.

It baffles me how people here have Vic on bust watch. The way this guy moves and his athleticism gives him the potential to be on par or even better than Gobert defensively, and imagine Gobert being able to call for the ball so he can go get a bucket inside or out, even if he ends up not being reliable from outside. He’s coordinated and in my opinion should be able to finish inside much better. I see him as a sure thing. He’s also the one guy I see in this draft as a guy that can make your team a true total contender.

I see him as being very similar to Giannis in that both going into the draft were very raw but had an uncommon skill set for their size and unreal athleticism. Don’t misunderstand me, I’m not comparing their games.

I don’t think you can pass him up if we get the number 1 pick. His height and body scare me, but he has a chance to be a generational player. You have to take that risk if he’s there.

I don’t think you can pass him up if we get the number 1 pick. His height and body scare me, but he has a chance to be a generational player. You have to take that risk if he’s there.
I see a Giannis path for him: 3 years kind of meh, then he explodes (MVP play quality) if he strengthens his body. If he can't get stronger then borderline starter. Also I am curious if he has second reaction speed like Gobert or does he freeze up on defense when there is a second move like Markkanen.

I wouldn't be surprised if we end up winning the lottery and then moving out of the #1 overall slot on draft night. Seems like something Danny would do.
Sure, and if we pass up on "generational talent", Danny will require at least 5 unprotected firsts, 7 super swaps, two first born children, and a genie with at least 3 wishes.

I’ve always said if Gobert had any offensive game he would be one of the greatest basketball player of all time. Wemba might be exactly that. Gobert with a great offensive game.

I’ve always said if Gobert had any offensive game he would be one of the greatest basketball player of all time. Wemba might be exactly that. Gobert with a great offensive game.
Does he has the reaction speed on defense? He might not.. that doesn't come with size or graceful offensive moves.

Looks like Emoni Bates is out of this draft.

Emoni Bates, EMU star, former No. 1 recruit, arrested on gun charge, suspended from team​

A gun possession charge isn't going to stop a talented guy from being drafted. In half the states, that is seen as a strength.